multiplier

Has anyone gotten SMP but not shaved 100%?

I've had a few FUTs but recently got 500 grafts FUE into my scar which is an improvement. Ultimately, though, I want to cut my hair pretty short on the sides and back and get SMP on the scar. 

I notice everyone here has a full shaved-head look. Has anyone gotten SMP into their scar and maintained a #1 clipper guard hairstyle in the back? Are there photos?

depending on how dark you go with the pigment you might be able to get away with a day or two new growth, but honestly - the contrast is gonna be noticeable going beyond that because the texture of natural hair and the way the grain lays is going to differ from your SMP.

just my two cents

I echo htownboy's comment, SMP 'should' help no matter what your situation but length wise it would be best to experiment after treatment. 

A #1 is most likely out of your grasp though, you'd need virtually no actual hair loss with only very mild thinning once the hair grows its visibly 3D against a 2D image (the SMP) a no guard is most likely the best you can get away with unless your in that small demographic. If you have any slick bald or very thin patches you'll need to razor/electric shaver it.