Sign in to follow this  
Dotmatrix

Got called out

Ok so I was on the couch with my son and he asked "daddy why do you have black dots on your head?" I told him not sure and immediately put on a hat. I'm just getting into a relationship and now wonder when it's going to be when she asks the same thing. It looks good for the most part but now I'm just really self conscious about it. I already told her I'm bald but I will have to take my hat off more often if we were to get more close. I took it off for awhile but I'm just totally nervous for when it happens. It's been a month since my 3rd session but was thinking it wasn't going to be as dotty and more of an even coat that's not as pronounced.

looks good to me

your kid probably said that because he's probably not used to seeing hair up there

EXACTLY. dude i cant tell where your smp starts and ends....it looks awesome. dot size is incredible. HAVE CONFIDENCE YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! if youre really really concerned id throw away the clippers and use a rotary or foil shaver dude. looks great though

Yep, that's not the OP's head in the picture.  That's mine.  I haven't had SMP yet.  It was just to show OP that a head shaved down is just black dots.  I removed the picture since it seemed to confuse people.  My brother wet shaves and I actually took a flashlight to his head and looked closely.  Real hair is just black dots when shaved down to the scalp.

No it's not.. A clean razor shaven head does not have any visible black dots..  It's just a dark shadow of color..  The only time you starts seeing "dots" is when the hair starts growing back in..  and that's more 3D'ish...

No it's not.. A clean razor shaven head does not have any visible black dots.. It's just a dark shadow of color.. The only time you starts seeing "dots" is when the hair starts growing back in.. and that's more 3D'ish...

The "dark shadow" is an illusion created by thousands of tiny dark grey/ black dots (follicle). I razor shave my head daily and can see tiny dark follicles all over the areas where my hair is intact immediately afterwards. Obviously they get gradually darker, and more 3d after a day or 2. From what I've seen smp dots are slightly larger (especially so soon after a treatment), but if you go for a subtle, natural look the difference is neglible to an untrained eye. If the OP went for too dark a look (or if it's still settling) as many guys make the mistake of doing than this may draw unwanted attention.

To the OP: Imo you should be honest with your son. He will not love you any less because you had a cosmetic procedure.

I just posted a pic of my sides after I had just shaved against the grain with a razor. Dots still there. As stated up close expect to see dots. The solid shadow look is from a distance when it all "blends together."

Think of it like those paintings and images that when viewed up close you can see individual elements, but when you take a few steps back all the elements blend to create a single image.

Ok so I was on the couch with my son and he asked "daddy why do you have black dots on your head?" I told him not sure and immediately put on a hat. I'm just getting into a relationship and now wonder when it's going to be when she asks the same thing. It looks good for the most part but now I'm just really self conscious about it. I already told her I'm bald but I will have to take my hat off more often if we were to get more close. I took it off for awhile but I'm just totally nervous for when it happens. It's been a month since my 3rd session but was thinking it wasn't going to be as dotty and more of an even coat that's not as pronounced.

,,,any photos?  Besides, kids have no sensitivity filter. I mean, aren't kids the same beings that called grand parents "old & wrinkled", aunts "fat", uncles "short", disabled  people "crippled", etc...  YIKES

Basically, a kid is not the measuring stick that you want to rely on.

,,,any photos?  Besides, kids have no sensitivity filter. I mean, aren't kids the same beings that called grand parents "old & wrinkled", aunts "fat", uncles "short", disabled  people "crippled", etc...  YIKES

Basically, a kid is not the measuring stick that you want to rely on.

Yea kids have no sensitivity filter lol! My girlfriends younger sister always say that I am "bald but have a hairline" Thats the look I wanted!

Young kids don't always have the vocabulary to exactly express what they mean. I was entertaining some kids with silly pictures the other day and I drew myself with a head of hair. And I was like is that right? Is that me? And one of them said "no you don't have any hair." And my gut reaction was silly in that I felt the need to explain "well I have hair but I shave it off." In retrospect that 4 year old probably didn't have the vocabulary to say "well I its looks like you shave off you hair, but you must have hair since a see a hairline."

Point is, don't take what children say to heart.

Young kids don't always have the vocabulary to exactly express what they mean. I was entertaining some kids with silly pictures the other day and I drew myself with a head of hair. And I was like is that right? Is that me? And one of them said "no you don't have any hair." And my gut reaction was silly in that I felt the need to explain "well I have hair but I shave it off." In retrospect that 4 year old probably didn't have the vocabulary to say "well I its looks like you shave off you hair, but you must have hair since a see a hairline."

Point is, don't take what children say to heart.

100%. My nieces and nephews (ages 4-8) always say "Uncle Alec is bald!" But they're adult parents (who are a lot smarter... well at least my sister. Her husband not so much) believe I shave my full head of hair. So I think you're totally right -- they see no hair, they lump it together with all bald people and don't bother or can't distinguish between balled by choice and balled by genes.