• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jgq85

jgq85

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

I've read that Fraxel laser is best for scars that are depressed or "sunken".

However I have a raised scar, I can feel it like a small bump along the whole line, about two inches long.

Would it need to be as flattened as possible for the SMP to look best? 

#2 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

Plenty of threads here on scar treatment. Look up Normguy, he has an excellent current thread running.

Best wishes

Ed

#3 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

My advice; you don't want to go too dark or dense on the raised areas with SMP - reason being, when the application settles, if the pigment was too dark or liberally concentrated to the specific area, it's gonna be much more noticeable.  Your practitioner will be able to offer a reasonable suggestion/approach to camo'ing the scar(s) to give you the best results (withstanding) 

I have a childhood raised scar that had never been a problem till much later on in life. My practitioner was able to do a fantastic job at minimizing the scar's appearance and creating a look that totally compliments the entire scalp.

As with anything.... Due Diligence, research and don't be afraid to ask questions.

just my two cents

• HIS - Ed likes this

#4 jgq85

jgq85

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

Ok thanks. I will keep checking around.

This  is a picture of the scar, I know it appears pretty long. Makes me wonder where all the hair went because I don't feel like my frontal transplant was worth the $5k. It's all either fallen out or wasn't transplanted properly as it's very thin!!!!

4gDYbKz.jpg

#5 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

My 2 HT scars where reasonably "bumpy". Fraxel seemed to be the only option available to smooth scars out, I thought I'd need 5/6 sessions, but only ended up having 2 sessions, and was pleasanty surprised after only 1 session, how smooth the scars were.

In my experience fraxel has helped smooth the scars. I can run my fingers across scars without feeling any bumps, and has certainly helped with the overall SMP procedure.

Good luck
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#6 Blossom-Bubbles

Blossom-Bubbles

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:49 PM

I also read that the scars pre treated by Fraxel has the possibility to get a good concealment after SMP. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users