Sign in to follow this  
jgq85

How to treat raised scar prior to SMP?

I've read that Fraxel laser is best for scars that are depressed or "sunken".

However I have a raised scar, I can feel it like a small bump along the whole line, about two inches long.

Would it need to be as flattened as possible for the SMP to look best? 

My advice; you don't want to go too dark or dense on the raised areas with SMP - reason being, when the application settles, if the pigment was too dark or liberally concentrated to the specific area, it's gonna be much more noticeable.  Your practitioner will be able to offer a reasonable suggestion/approach to camo'ing the scar(s) to give you the best results (withstanding) 

I have a childhood raised scar that had never been a problem till much later on in life. My practitioner was able to do a fantastic job at minimizing the scar's appearance and creating a look that totally compliments the entire scalp.

As with anything.... Due Diligence, research and don't be afraid to ask questions.

just my two cents

Ok thanks. I will keep checking around.

This  is a picture of the scar, I know it appears pretty long. Makes me wonder where all the hair went because I don't feel like my frontal transplant was worth the $5k. It's all either fallen out or wasn't transplanted properly as it's very thin!!!!

4gDYbKz.jpg

My 2 HT scars where reasonably "bumpy". Fraxel seemed to be the only option available to smooth scars out, I thought I'd need 5/6 sessions, but only ended up having 2 sessions, and was pleasanty surprised after only 1 session, how smooth the scars were.

In my experience fraxel has helped smooth the scars. I can run my fingers across scars without feeling any bumps, and has certainly helped with the overall SMP procedure.

Good luck