#1 Lonnie Rodgers

Lonnie Rodgers

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

I have a question for all of you, I am going to the gym 5 days a week 2 hrs
every day , I heard that once you have the treatment done on your head you should
not sweat is that true ? cause I drink a gallon of water a day so when i am going to

the gym I am sweat like, i am taking a shawer jaja I lost 78 pounds in 9 months,
and now i am body building my self

• Zdude likes this

#2 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:19 PM

The recommended advice is:

No sweating for the first 3 days. 

Light sweating from 4-10 days.

Heavy sweating after 10 days.

Here is a link to the aftercare guidelines.

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#3 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

You may get the odd post back to your question suggesting that these aftercare guidelines are erring on the side of caution. That there is not much danger of fading through sweat.  I would just say that these are no more than anecdotal observations and you should take the guidelines seriously.  We have treated professional athletes in the past... and they got exactly the same advice.

I appreciate that for a gym fanatic it becomes a serious part of your considerations.

Good luck. Ed.

#4 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:00 AM

August was hotter than a Mutha' out here in L.A... even sitting in the house you could break out in a total sweat

• HIS - Ed likes this

#5 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:29 AM

Jazz i see you're on the west coast, I just saw the straight out of compton movie. Its real good , i'm 45 I remember those guy's.

...It's surreal because we were in our late teens & early 20s when all this was actually happening out here. You never thought that you had a front row seat to historical events

#6 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

I remember like it was yesterday listening to rap for the first time, Queen Latifah, it was Incredible... funny how the local aspect will stop you seeing these cultural corners for what they are.  Growing up in London I thought the Sex Pistols, the Clash and later the Jam were just local bands... but they turned out to be historical too.

Looking forward to seeing the film.

• JazzHead likes this

#7 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

I remember like it was yesterday listening to rap for the first time, Queen Latifah, it was Incredible... funny how the local aspect will stop you seeing these cultural corners for what they are.  Growing up in London I thought the Sex Pistols, the Clash and later the Jam were just local bands... but they turned out to be historical too.

Looking forward to seeing the film.

Brer' Ed,

#### Weller is gonna be out here in So. Cal in October. Can't wait to check out the show. The Jam were/are amazing. I didn't discover them until The Gift album, and got busy digging into their entire studio catalog. All Mod Cons still blows my mind!  

The Style Council only played here in LA once back in '83. I still have the telephone pole poster and the concert review from the local paper.  

From the Jam performed in Orange County some years back and they actually did some righteous justice to those tunes live.

To me, good music is simply good music - regardless of genre.

• Alec Baldwin and HIS - Ed like this

#8 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

it's supposed to hit the high 90s by the weekend. UGH!

#9 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:09 AM

High 90's!!!  In October!  Good grief. I remember being told as a child (growing up in London) that in California they spend more cooling their homes than we spend on heating ours... spun my little head right off.

#10 JurgenKloppSaviour

JurgenKloppSaviour

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

You may get the odd post back to your question suggesting that these aftercare guidelines are erring on the side of caution. That there is not much danger of fading through sweat.  I would just say that these are no more than anecdotal observations and you should take the guidelines seriously.  We have treated professional athletes in the past... and they got exactly the same advice.

I appreciate that for a gym fanatic it becomes a serious part of your considerations.

Good luck. Ed.

I've received mixed messages around aftercare guidelines so hoping to get some direction from the forum.  I recently complete my second session with my third session scheduled in about six weeks:

1) The leaflet handed out at the office was dated even referring to SMP as MHT.  There are references to 'final treatment' which is confusing as I'm assuming the 'aftercare' guidelines apply EVERY time you have a session completed

2) The website aftercare guidelines state that light sweating is okay by day four and heavy sweating by day 10

My practitioioner advised that I shouldn't workout at the gym for 28 days after treatment - is this correct??? I'm looking to resume my normal body workout which consists over a 5 minute warm up on a bike followed by about 45 minutes of machine/free weights with medium intensity (I'm not a body builder however keep in shape through medium intensity exercise). Considering I went a baseball cap when working out, i have beads of sweat on my head but nothing compared to running a 5K run when the entire body sweats).

Looking for help and advice.  Thanks in advance.

#11 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:11 PM

I dont know why your practitioner said that, because as far as i know nothing has changed with their official guidelines. 

Light sweating 4 days after, heavy sweating 10 days after.

• JurgenKloppSaviour likes this

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#12 Baldilocks

Baldilocks

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:12 PM

Does swimming regularly have any affect?

#13 TDstrip

TDstrip

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

Lol I went to the gym today about 48 hrs after...so day 2/3. Just did high weight low rep upper body but quit after 20 mins bc i was terrified of sweating at all.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#14 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

Lol I went to the gym today about 48 hrs after...so day 2/3. Just did high weight low rep upper body but quit after 20 mins bc i was terrified of sweating at all.

I'd only worry about hitting the gym to workout if I had a jherri curl or afro (lol).  

And real talk: The women wont come right out and say it - BUT.... They really do admire and totally dig a guy rocking a nice bald-fade and looking fit & trim

#15 TherealR9

TherealR9

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

This is my question and I just want a answer. Why another SMP clinic say 30 days with no sport or sweating And His hair. Say 10 days. Why is that ???!

#16 threepointer78

threepointer78

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

@TheRealR9, probably just being overly cautious I would assume. 

#17 TherealR9

TherealR9

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:43 AM

Anyone go back to normal training , cardio , after 10 days notice any fading ??
  • PassiveAggressive likes this

#18 TherealR9

TherealR9

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:43 AM

Sticking it out longer than 2 weeks seems abit too much really

#19 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

I have a question for all of you, I am going to the gym 5 days a week 2 hrs
every day , I heard that once you have the treatment done on your head you should
not sweat is that true ? cause I drink a gallon of water a day so when i am going to
the gym I am sweat like, i am taking a shawer jaja I lost 78 pounds in 9 months,
and now i am body building my self

Oh it sweats alright. I've torn my tricep so I'm doing one hour high intensity on stationary bike while I wait for it to heal. And i get of the bike like i jumped in a pool.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users