Stubbletown

Photo: My head 10 days after session 3

Hey everyone. Here's my SMP 10 days after session 3. This is exactly five hours after a wet shave with a new razor cartridge. I got a really close shave-as close as I'll get.

I'd like some honest feedback, please. Thanks.

post-300357-0-87236600-1432276891_thumb.jpg

Here's a clearer photo with a similar view.

Now, Don't get me wrong, I look much better with the treatment than without. I was pretty bald on top. But does anyone see that light patch in the front? That's NOT settling--I noticed that immediately after leaving session 3. I didn't catch it in the minutes following the session when it was decided we were done. The redness can be decieving.

Any does anyone see that dark spot on the side of my head? I requested that my practitioner pay close attention to that during session 1, 2, and 3 -- and to please blend in the neighboring areas appropriately. Seemingly ignored all 3 sessions. In fact, inks were doposited in that area, making it darker (I have very careful documentation of everything).

I'm sorry to sound like I'm complaining, but this looks like an unfinished treatment to me. I was quoted for 3 sessions and had 3. My practitioner has probably done thousands of these treatments and had a chance to see precisely how my scalp reacts to SMP. I'm out $3600 not including travel, and I wanted nothing more than to pay a fair price for a complete service.

Again, let me state: I believe my appearance has greatly improved after having SMP, but I feel that for the price I paid and how many sessions the the expert told me I needed, the result I ended up with is still lacking. This photo, I believe, shows that. I was told that I should wait 4-6 weeks for this 3rd session to settle, so we'll see how things look a month from now.

post-300357-0-10292600-1432316184_thumb.jpg

I can see the darker patch on the side of your head but it kind of looks like the skin is red and blotchy and doesn't look like pigment. Could it be bruising or a birth mark maybe?!

I do think that the top could do with a little more density, possibly a scattering of dots a shade darker

Looks very natural to me. I personally don't like the full head of hair SMP look as well why would you shave then thoughts might come up. This looks great. Like your about to start thinning and shaved your head. I like the look. Maybe show us a photo of the front of your hairline as if someone was looking at you. Then maybe we could some more feedback.

I think your head looks as if it was shaved. Density is never even anywhere IMO on a regular bald head either. Very natural look you got.

Hi Stubbletown,

I can see what you mean. I can see the difference between the frontal area and the remaining hair. I'm not sure if it needs more density through the front area or maybe a bit darker? Or both? Have you tried calling HIS to discuss your issues?

i like it-

it looks natural you could alwayz have a touch up in the future and maybe add more but i would be careful and wait as i think the pigments look good and like the way its not all merging personally unlike some i ahem seen - that dark spot doesn't look like ink but some sort of skin irritation could it be from shaving  ? 

Hey everyone. Here's my SMP 10 days after session 3. This is exactly five hours after a wet shave with a new razor cartridge. I got a really close shave-as close as I'll get.

I'd like some honest feedback, please. Thanks.

i noticed you said 5 hours after shaving - do you always get that break out when you shave ? looks very sensitive after viewing that pic thats definitey not ink.

this is why i prefer a foil shaver or clippers. 

I have not had the procedure done, but when I do this is the look I want. I think it looks very natural and honestly looked at it close up and you can not tell it is an SMP. I think maybe it is the shock of a shaved head having hair again. Looking at it under a microscope yeah maybe it could be a bit darker I guess but is a natural shaved head perfect......I think it is what makes it look real. If you are not happy just pick up the phone and call them. I hear people complaining on the forums but they never call and express their concerns. Just let them know they will take care of it.

I have not had the procedure done, but when I do this is the look I want. I think it looks very natural and honestly looked at it close up and you can not tell it is an SMP. I think maybe it is the shock of a shaved head having hair again. Looking at it under a microscope yeah maybe it could be a bit darker I guess but is a natural shaved head perfect......I think it is what makes it look real. If you are not happy just pick up the phone and call them. I hear people complaining on the forums but they never call and express their concerns. Just let them know they will take care of it.

You are absolutely right of course, the smart move is always to give the clinic a call and discuss any concerns. But I completely understand why clients come here... some have spent years mentally preparing to take the jump and have had all their questions answered here. When they eventually get along to meet a technician they are invariably well informed. So it does make sense to come back to the boards, the quality and sincerity of the replies make it an obvious move - anyone who has ever had an answer from HatingHats will know exactly what I mean.

But in the end there is no substitute for talking to your clinic - if you are less than happy your call can be escalated, if need be all the way to the owners who are always happy to get involved. I would always recommend starting with your clinic and then coming to the boards for confirmation of what you have been told.