#41 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it. Whether you then choose to share them or not I recommend taking some high res close up pics before you start so you have a reference point for progress. Hope it goes well for you.

#42 FNX

FNX

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFar from home

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

I didn't have the needling done on any FUE scars. Just old plug-type recipient scars that were very noticeable. It really helped diminish them and I'd imagine you'd get good results with other scars as well. Mine were old scars too. I'd recommend the procedure to anyone dealing with scarring.

Hi normguy1954,
Do you think this treatment can help with ht strip scar?

Hope everything's good.

#43 normguy1954

normguy1954

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

I can't say how it would work for a strip scar, but it was very effective on old cobblestone scars from plug transplants.

Not sure if I will be posting on this site anymore.  For some reason I can no longer reply to, or send private messages.  It tells me I don't have permission to do so, even though I have been able to in the past.  I have twice tired to contact an administrator to see what the reason is but have gotten no reply.  So this may be my last post here.  Hope all your fellows do well in your SMP pursuits....

#44 FNX

FNX

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFar from home

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

I can't say how it would work for a strip scar, but it was very effective on old cobblestone scars from plug transplants.

Not sure if I will be posting on this site anymore.  For some reason I can no longer reply to, or send private messages.  It tells me I don't have permission to do so, even though I have been able to in the past.  I have twice tired to contact an administrator to see what the reason is but have gotten no reply.  So this may be my last post here.  Hope all your fellows do well in your SMP pursuits....

thanks for your replay, normguy1954, I wish you the best.

#45 periskop

periskop

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Not trying to bump an old thread, if one month even counts as that but, I would really like to see the aftermath on his treatment? Can't figure out why such a seemling reasonable guy would get any trouble on the site other than maybe somewhere bringing up a competitor?

#46 normguy1954

normguy1954

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

Not only don't I understand why I can't send/receive private messages, I don't see why my requests for assistance have gone unanswered. I've never mentioned a competitor and I won't name one now. But I have decided to go to another SMP place nearer where I now live.
Still, I'd recommend micro-needling for anyone dealing with old scars. I'm very pleased with the improvement in my cobblestoning scars.

#47 Asianguy

Asianguy

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:16 AM

Any concerns with microneedling post SMP? Would it cause fading?

#48 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

Any concerns with microneedling post SMP? Would it cause fading?

The efficacy of micro needling is based on it's ability to promote
efficient running of the body's own processes. From that perspective
there might be a case for it being able to accelerate fading. I would
suggest it is a trade off against what else you are trying to achieve
with the treatment. If it is going to make a significant difference to
the quality of a scar it is probably worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users