Recedo

Made a big mistake

Hello 

Had my first session a few weeks ago, knew walking out of the building I hated it and would probably have to laser it off, but knew I had to wait a while before I could, and as everyone says the great thing about this is knowing you can have it lasered off/make it fade yourself if you dont like it

I hated the corners of the hairline especially. I know they tell you not to touch it for 4 days but I assumed thats because they want the ink to settle and last longer, by touching it or washing it you will wash the ink off, which is what I wanted. I knew 100% 2 days after that I wanted it off my head so I read on a thread here that saliclyic or clearasil can help fade the ink faster(not after 2 days though). I got advice off someone that scrubbing it with an exfoliating glove would help and for some reason I thought that was a good idea aswell. I didn't see this treatment as a regular tatoo, and my head was not painful or even red really, so I thought why not give the corners of the hairline a little scrub with a salicylic cleanser wash. So I did, I scrubbed a little too hard and had too red graze marks after it, no blood. I thought fuckk what have I done. Even at that stage I thought it would heal ok, I had a small graze mark at the front right where my hairline was and I was a little afraid the hair would stop growing there when I eventually got it off. I was still more worried about getting it off as I didnt like the idea of laser. So 4 days later I scrubbed again with lemon juice, again just the hairline, I know I know absolutely moronic and knee jerk reaction. I wasn't thinking straight.

Now 3 weeks on I have indented lines going from torward the crown to my hairline, one side is alot worse than the other because thats the side I scrubbed harder on( one side of the hairline was shaped different to the other and I wanted to rub abit off to match them - crazy).

Stupid wreckless and a total panic reaction. But I still did not expect to see these marks. They are indented marks, but in a line formation going from toward the crown to the hairline where the ink ends. They look like scars now, and they probably are scars but Im hoping they can heal fully? Can they? The graze mark at the front left side of my hairline is a depressed/sunken type scar, and behind that is less deep but an indented line. The line marks are obviously the crevasses/contours of my head and I broke the ridge of skin there. I have some other pitted little scars where I scrubbed less hard.

Now this sounds really bad and you will probably ask for pictures, but you can only see it when you go up close and in certain lighting you cant see it, but in a strong light eg the sun in a bathroom you can see it easily. 

Since these have showed up Ive been doing everything I can to help the wounds/scars, vitamin e cocoa butter, aloe vera gel, boi oil. They seemed to have helped a little.

Just wanted to tell my horror story. I am going to just laser off the pointy sides and leave the hairline for a few months as Im afraid to laser it off when I've scrubbed it after only 2 days. Ive heard mixed opinions on whether its safe to laser it off even though I didnt let it heal properly?? some say 6 weeks still fine others say few months. To be honest if the pointy sides were gone I could live with the hairline for a few months its just the scarring and my wreckless actions that is tormenting me, Im full of regret and feel like Ive ruined my head.

Most people are saying it isnt too bad and only see the indented lines when I dip my head but still I see them everytime I look in the mirror.

Im just looking for hope I know I made a big mistake, whats the best thing I can do now apart from putting on creams to fade the lines/scarring? They arent deep and it never bled so Im hoping the skin will flatten out and maybe heal compleletely? but what is the best thing I can do in a few months to resurface the area??Ive heard fraxel but Ive heard that can go horribly wrong and cause hairloss which would be another disaster the indented lines go over areas where I have hair(I was only balding at the front and the line go back over hair). The last few days Ive noticed the line following from the top of my head now goes down to the forehead in the exact track,like my ridge of skin has cracked, this is really superficial I know and most people I ask cant really see it, but I can and it upsets me. Im afraid Ive caused permanent premature sagging and wrinkling of the skin. The lines always look worse after Ive woken up and they tend to flatten later, but the line has really freaked me :(

Maybe Im panicing again and the lines will heal and smooth but Im not sure they wil :(

What are my options? Can I laser off the hairline and a bit behind it in a few weeks(6weeks) or is it risky after what I done to it after 2 days??? I do plan on lasering off the sides in 3 weeks as they are pointy and not even matching, with them gone it will make it look better as the hairline Im even beginning to tolerate when at first I hated how it shaped my face  :(

The indented lines are my only worry now and the graze mark which is still sunken/indented. 

Its 3 weeks to the day since I scrubbed it. 

Im devastated by my actions, full of regret. I regret getting SMP done, but I needed to try it to know I didnt like it as I really thought I would love it, my biggest regret is scrubbing it, totally wreckless Im usually a careful person but I did not think about scarring as the procedure was quite painless and again I did not see it as a regular tatoo.

Where can I go from here? Ive seen the dodgy hairtransplants and the scarring there is horrendous its nothing like that and doesnt fraxel etc smooth over those scars? Just need some hope.

you are bald for years i guess u can't wait 4 or 5 days till u wash it.

I wanted to fade it asap so I wouldnt need more sessions to laser it off. I know my reaction was stupid rubbing it when it hadnt healed.

I wasnt bald. Id appreciate if I didnt get any smart answers please I feel terrible as it is.

Your treatment was unfinished, you could've had the profiles adjusted at the second session! Do you have pictures?

Yeah I could of but I didnt want any more ink on my head and I realised smp wasnt for me.

My advice is, swallow your pride and go back to HIS and get their opinion.  If they can't give you an answer or solution to your satisfaction then consult a skin doctor maybe?  I bet HIS will even help you find a laser clinic.

In fact reading a few more details I'd go to a dermatologist and get the scrapes/scratches/indents looked at.  So what if you have to explain your story to a few people.  If you get a solution its better than living with it longer than you have to.

The thing is mate - You never had SMP done so you can't regret it.

What you had done was a template, 1 session. SMP needs 2+ sessions and time to recover. You didn't get either. It is a commitment.

See how mine looked after compared to later on? Just needs time.  

Anyway, good luck man, contact HIS - trust me, they'll help you out much more than anyone here can.

post-274586-0-95162600-1426284930_thumb.jpg

Lol it was, my scalp was in such bad condition, they said it was one of the worst they've ever seen. I felt quite honoured by that.

Haha in what sense? Flaky? They said mine was in really good condition, but I didn't really know what they meant.

Yep, mainly down to the wig. My scalp was irritated and dryer than the elephant man's arse. Those bumps and wrinkles you're seeing is dryness. The systems totally suffocate the scalp. Try get it off as soon as you can before treatment and use either E45 cream, Diprobase or Oilatum - whichever is easiest to get in USA.

I dont wanna hijack the thread, so feel free to message me anytime if you need anything answering.

To summarise, yes I can laser it off after 6 weeks, however I have scrubbed the area with an exfoliating glove and salicylic wash 2 days after the first treatment(I know crazy I paniced) and then a bit of lemon with glove 5 days after, Ive now got what looks like scarring, so is it still safe to laser off so soon? And what can I do to fix the scarring?

Are these indents/lines I'm seeing permanent??

Edit: Dont know how to attach pics and to repeat I only had 1 session

I dont really understand what you have going on with these areas that you scrubbed. I'm not a doctor, but i dont think you can get scars if you never broke the skin. Similarly i dont think you can cause permanent 'dents' in your head just from scrubbing.

To me it sounds like rough skin that needs time to heal back to normal, or possibly it's natural indentations in your head that you never really noticed before... or a combination of both. I don't know, and it's hard to give a good answer without being able to see it, but i dont think you could have really done permanent damage to your head just from one or two heavy scrubbing sessions.

You can attach pictures through this website, but it sometimes gives people problems. I would upload them to a 3rd party site like www.imgur.com and then post the links here.

What was it exactly that made you decide that smp wasnt for you?  Are you completely bald on top or have some hair?

My advice would be to upload a whole bunch of both close up and farther back pics to here so the guys with experience (not me yet) can get a better understanding of exactly whats going on so they can help you. 

Try photobucket.com or imageshack.com

With respect, I am aware that you requested a partial refund and when that request was refused, you threatened to post something negative on our forum. We are here to help you, and my personal advice to you is to work with us, not against us. Our team is unlikely to go over and above the call of duty while threats are being made. I just want to make our position absolutely clear, as we do not allow our forum to be abused in this way.

That said, I have spoken with the team about your case, and that information combined with what you're saying here shows that you quite clearly panicked. Personally, I have a great deal of empathy for your situation, as we all do things sometimes that we later regret. Regardless of what has happened, the most important thing is to get you to a place where you are happy, in whatever direction that place may be. Maybe you're just reaching out for advice, in which case you are very welcome here and the community will no doubt offer constructive support.

I cannot comment on any potential skin damage you may have done, as I have not seen what you are referring to. As a couple of the guys have eluded above, photos would paint a thousand words. To simplify your situation, you basically have two options - finish your treatment, or get it lasered off.

The thing is mate - You never had SMP done so you can't regret it.

What you had done was a template, 1 session. SMP needs 2+ sessions and time to recover. You didn't get either. It is a commitment.

See how mine looked after compared to later on? Just needs time.  

Anyway, good luck man, contact HIS - trust me, they'll help you out much more than anyone here can.

I absolutely agree with this. You obviously wanted SMP, and I'm sure we can make it work for you. You're not the first person to have had second thoughts, and you certainly wouldn't be the first person to have embraced SMP after an initial panic.

With respect, I am aware that you requested a partial refund and when that request was refused, you threatened to post something negative on our forum. We are here to help you, and my personal advice to you is to work with us, not against us. Our team is unlikely to go over and above the call of duty while threats are being made. I just want to make our position absolutely clear, as we do not allow our forum to be abused in this way.

That said, I have spoken with the team about your case, and that information combined with what you're saying here shows that you quite clearly panicked. Personally, I have a great deal of empathy for your situation, as we all do things sometimes that we later regret. Regardless of what has happened, the most important thing is to get you to a place where you are happy, in whatever direction that place may be. Maybe you're just reaching out for advice, in which case you are very welcome here and the community will no doubt offer constructive support.

I cannot comment on any potential skin damage you may have done, as I have not seen what you are referring to. As a couple of the guys have eluded above, photos would paint a thousand words. To simplify your situation, you basically have two options - finish your treatment, or get it lasered off.

I absolutely agree with this. You obviously wanted SMP, and I'm sure we can make it work for you. You're not the first person to have had second thoughts, and you certainly wouldn't be the first person to have embraced SMP after an initial panic.

Only because I didnt really think the scrubbing had caused the scarring/marks but as time went on I realised it was the scrubbing.

I will link pics now using gyazo

http://gyazo.com/19c5004b397b116e150fec77fcaae977

http://gyazo.com/fb96d37b42737a88324a26f2a6dc86da

http://gyazo.com/f26f4f840b1015c401b097f87874a651

They are on the contours/ridges of my head. Maybe the practioner went a little hard with the needle but I now know it was 90% because I scrubbed the front sides of the hairline after just 2 days.

Hmm, I've never seen that before.

It is pretty obvious it has nothing to do with your treatment, as the indents extend far beyond the boundaries of your treated area.

Could you please explain more about what you did immediately before these lines appeared? You explained what you did (broadly), but what action immediately preceded these lines appearing?

Could it be any of the stuff you used to scrub it off has irritated your skin,some of those chemicals you used might not agree with your skin,it looks like something has run down your head, i had a mark like that after i used head and shoulders,my skin is very sensitive,maybe yours is.