Conhair

Living With SMP Three Years On

awesome post- when you say your wish you had hair at Magaluf, were you saying that in that moment you wished you would have not gotten SMP and just grown out the hair you had left, or you are saying you just wish you could somehow have had a full head of hair?

Thanks DrCarter.

MrOnTheFence the comment in question about having a movie star's hairline was in a dimly lit nightclub which really does the treatment a lot of justice as it brings out the density. The guy who made the comment was receding, and said he had only just shaved off his hair. Therefore, he was making an observation that I don't even need to shave it due to having a "good head of hair."

With regards to your painted on question, it was a comment on a Facebook picture taken during the day at a music festival - i'll try and dig out the picture. It was from a woman too. I left it as I didn't want to ask what the person meant and delve deeper raising more awareness.

To bring attention to this though, this is a complete fraction of people who have said this which is why it didn't bother me.

Analyzer, because a lot of the people that go to places like Magaluf are Geordie Shore replicas, I saw an abundance of very muscley guys with terrific heads of hair; thus, making me a minority I suppose.

Having said that, it's nothing to do with the treatment itself but merely an observation. I certainly would have felt bad going with a bald head without the treatment as I would have looked way older.

JDawg I was a Norwood 2 at the time of the treatment. You can see pictures from my progress diary along with the shades used as I can't remember to hand.

Nice topic mate. I have a couple of questions, how has the fading held up in that time? I presume you are very careful with sunscreen while in the sun, but have you needed touch ups? Also, the one time I personally still feel bald is when out at night under streetlights. Do you ever feel like a baldy under certain lighting? 

I agree with you about the undetectability though. Mine has never raised a suspicion but I do worry about the awkward day when I see a HIShair advert on TV while sitting with a prospective girlfriend lol. Reminds me of when those hair-system adverts would come on the radio when I'd be driving girls around in my wig days.

Thanks Kojak, I don't notice any fading at all so far. There's not much sun to worry about in Glasgow but when on holiday, I always apply sunscreen. I have needed no touch ups at all thus far, and that's with minimal after care as I don't really apply moisturiser unless my scalp is a bit dry.

To be honest, in my opinion harsh lighting brings out the worst in the treatment but even at that every treatment has its side effects. I'd take that any day over worrying about hair loss.

Yeah there have been a couple of moments where SMP has been showcased on those nip tuck shows and my stomach has dropped with the paranoia that someone will go onto my Facebook page and then begin scrolling through my photo albums but that's only a momentary thing. That's a paranoia I'm going to have to get over.

Cheers HBK, your treatment is still holding up well.

Toddnw7 it just doesn't look as great as it would. Having said that, that doesn't mean that you should be paranoid about what kind of lighting you are under with the fear of it looking fake because I don't even think about it. I just know from experience.

Hairkiller I don't bother with anti shine because I grudge paying the money, and at the end of he day it is a bald head and it will still be a bald head regardless of whether you're applying a matte lotion to it. That's just my opinion though and I'm sure it does the job for other gents on here at reducing shine. One thing I've noticed though is that there is more of a shine if I apply moisturiser after a shower as I always wet shave my head every couple of days.

I just looked back there and the painted comment was made about 2 weeks after I had my last session in 2012 so it does look a lot darker than it does now. Nothing like that has been mentioned since. I've attached the picture in question.

post-182784-0-99862300-1425056441_thumb.png

Damngenetics, from looking at my progress diary the ink was 30.

HatingHats, it really hasn't had an impact haha. I told my current girlfriend about it only recently and I recall a conversation we had a while before I told her. I asked a hypothetical would you prefer me with longer hair question (as she thought I could grow it) to see what she'd say, and she said she likes it the way it is. Result!