• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

Hey Guys,

I just got home from my second session in Chicago.  Here's the story:

History:

I started losing my hair about 15 years ago so I decided to buzz off what i had left.  I often wore hats and used Toppik when I wasn't.  After awhile I didn't have enough hair so I stopped using the toppik and started going au natural.  I wasn't happy about it but it was what it was and I learned to except it.     

About two months ago a noticed a small ad for His Hair on a website (don't remember which one) and clicked on it.  I never heard of SMP before but spent the next few hours reading up on it.  His Hair certainly seemed like the top place to have it done. The next day I had a phone consolation and set up an appointment to have my 1st treatment.

Experience:  

When I arrived at the building I walked up to the second floor and gave the suite number then the guard gave me a pass. When I walked into the 10th floor office it was just the practitioner, no secretaries or other clients, just us.  I soon learned that he himself had the work done.  It was great to see it in person and reassuring because his looked so good.  He was an awesome guy who really knew his stuff.  My major was concern was about it looking natural. He was even more concerned about it looking natural than I was.   I didn't feel like just another client, it was like he felt personally responsible that I didn't end up looking silly.  He really seems to care about his work, he's an artist and my head is his canvas.

The process took about two and a half hours.  Was it painful?  At times it was but most of the time it wasn't, and when it was painful it was fleeting.  When he stopped the pain stopped and we took several breaks so it wasn't really that bad.  When he finished I couldn't believe it.  I never thought I would see myself with hair again.  And it does feel like hair.  It doesn't feel like a cover up, it feels like it's my hair.  

Reactions:

I told sister what I had done and showed her pictures.  Her reaction was she didn't realize I was even going bald. She said it looked totally natural.  At day 5 I had lunch with friends.  No one blinked an eye or said anything, and I would have noticed.  Here's the best part:  I met a girl the week before i had my 1st treatment.  The first night she massaged my head for an hour.  A few days later she did the same again, she enjoys it and I wasn't complaining.  Now the real test: I had the work done and I was seeing her 5 days after.  Her only reaction "I forgot how cute you are", thats it!  She massaged my head again.  I even took a picture of myself at the park and sent to my family, again no reactions.  

Today I had my second session.  It looked incredible the first time, now it looks even better.  After a few days the dots got smaller and it faded a bit, in a good way.  I never looked in the mirror more often and have never taken a selfie before, now I take them all the time. I'm one of those narcissistic assholes now lol.  

I feel like a new person.  This has been an awesome experience.  I feel like I want to walk up to every bald guy I see and tell them about HHC.  If your on the fence I couldn't recommend it more.

Here are a few pics, they were taken right after the first visit.  I'll post some of the second treatment in a few days.

Attached Thumbnails

• 01_DAY ONE.jpg
  • 02_Day2.jpg
  • 03_day 1.jpg

• hairhair98 and houston33 like this

"People stare at my head because they like what they see"

George Costanza

#2 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

hiya josh great story im same as you just had second session had mine Monday good that you told family I haven't told anyone and im gonna be showing people thurs or Fri when redness goes. your treatment looks floorless congratulations mate.
  • Josh2.0 likes this

#3 MrOnTheFence

MrOnTheFence

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

Always happy to read these positive stories. We have all dealt with the pain of hair loss to some degree. So I can feel your happiness when you say things about taking so many selfies now. And it's simply amazing that no one has paid much attention to the change. And that's a good thing. This procedure should be about changing your own view of yourself in a positive way. Sound like that's what you got.
  • Josh2.0 likes this

#4 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

im a selfie whore at mo lol.
  • Josh2.0 likes this

#5 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

heres a pic from today, 4 days after my second session

just showered and shaved

Attached Thumbnails

• 2ndSessDay4.jpg

• KukuiNut likes this

George Costanza

#6 houston33

houston33

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

looks spot on!!! Congrats!!!

#7 toddnw7

toddnw7

Regular Poster

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUnited states

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

Looks great. Did you ever consider them matching a wet shave look? I see you went with a buzz cut instead. Again looks good.

#8 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

02-Day2&Day4.jpg Looks great. Did you ever consider them matching a wet shave look? I see you went with a buzz cut instead. Again looks good.

Not really, i just usally buzz it so i thought that would look the best

mike buzzed it on 0 with the andis buzzer so thats what i use now too

Heres a pic 2 days after my 2nd Session and 4 days after (after shower and buzz)

• Flippo likes this

George Costanza

#9 hairhair1

hairhair1

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

Maybe ur gf was massaging ur head to stimulate hair growth. Now she think its working! haha girls...
  • Josh2.0 likes this

#10 ZRF

ZRF

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

Hey Josh, Sent you a PM

#11 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

Update:  It's been almost three weeks since my 2nd session.  

The though of going outside without a hat on is something I haven't considered in years.

Now I look forward to it.  I wake up every morning and I love the way I look.

I dropped my kid off at school last week and the teacher gave me a double take (she's never seen me without a hat)

She said "love the haircut!" and gave me a once over lol

Sure there are times when I look at it and wonder "does it look fake?  will people notice?"

But the truth is..I don't really care.  I look better, I feel better, who cares if someone notices.  But I'm sure most people won't. 

At my kids school I looked in a mirror and I did notice a shine.  I've bought a bunch of the things recommended here and will post my results soon.  I've tried two already.

Hope you all are doing well.

• LeafsFan likes this

George Costanza

#12 horseshoe

horseshoe

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

Awesome pics man, it really suits you. I read your story and can defiantly relate. Congrats on getting the treatment, must feel great to get over hair loss. What shades did you use, how's it holding up after three weeks?

• Josh2.0 likes this

#13 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:32 AM

26 on sides 24 on top

It's holding up really well, gonna wait a few more weeks to decide about 3rd session

pics don't do it justice, ill post some updates soon

• tazzas likes this

George Costanza

#14 RedwoodOriginal

RedwoodOriginal

Regular Poster

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:11 AM

Looks great Josh! We have very similar treatments and hair loss pattern. 

• Josh2.0 likes this

#15 Jodylegend

Jodylegend

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:48 AM

Looks real good

#16 LeafsFan

LeafsFan

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

Update:  It's been almost three weeks since my 2nd session.  

The though of going outside without a hat on is something I haven't considered in years.

Now I look forward to it.  I wake up every morning and I love the way I look.

I dropped my kid off at school last week and the teacher gave me a double take (she's never seen me without a hat)

She said "love the haircut!" and gave me a once over lol

Sure there are times when I look at it and wonder "does it look fake?  will people notice?"

But the truth is..I don't really care.  I look better, I feel better, who cares if someone notices.  But I'm sure most people won't. 

At my kids school I looked in a mirror and I did notice a shine.  I've bought a bunch of the things recommended here and will post my results soon.  I've tried two already.

Hope you all are doing well.

You've got the perfect attitude mate. I think your treatment looks great as well. Post some new pictures when you have a moment.

#17 Gunbunny

Gunbunny

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:57 AM

Wow man! It looks amazing. I bet you feel like a brand new man now... Thank u for sharing...
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#18 Gunbunny

Gunbunny

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

What's up josh? Can we see an updated pic? Did you ever do a third session? I didn't realize your thread was started last year. How's it holding up?

#19 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:18 AM

Hey guys, yes it's been one year since my last session, i've only had two.  I was planning on posting an update on the anniversary with some pics but I kept getting busy.

One year in and I can honestly say it's been the best money I've ever spent, and I've bought a lot of things.  The feeling of looking in the mirror and being happy with what you see back is priceless.  

During this year I've maybe had 3 people give me a second look.  Each time it was a complete stranger who I just saw in passing.  Friends, family and co-workers never mentioned anything or gave me weird looks.  

I go out all the time now without a hat.  I don't worry about social engagements anymore.

It's been great, i will try to post some updated pics soon but they do not look much different that the last group I posted, maybe it faded a little bit, blended in more.  

TLDR:  It's been one year and I couldn't recommend it more to anyone who it distraught about their hair loss.

josh

• HIS - Ed and Gandalfsbanger like this

George Costanza

#20 HighlyRecommend

HighlyRecommend

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:50 AM

Looks great. 

I struggle with the buzz look personally. I guess it depends on how dark and thick your hair is, so I would recommend wet or foil shaving to anyone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users