38 replies to this topic

#21 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

It's been a while since I've last posted. I just completed my 3rd session in Toronto with a new practitioner from the UK (who's here temporarily). There have been a few personnel changes at this location, and it's resulted in me having to reschedule my 3rd session at least 2 times.

Nevertheless, it's done. 

For those wondering the answer to my above question regarding how HIS deals with faded dots, they put ink right on top of the old dots. 

Session 1 - they used #20 as the ink colour

Session 2 - they used #22

Session 3 - we went with #20 again over top the 'old' faded dots to keep the light look

The following pics are of my head immediately following the procedure.

I'm not going to lie, the top hurt like hell this time. My practitioner, Jack, upped the pressure on the needle to 130 (it was 120 before with Dave)

This is a pic of the scar before the 3rd treatment. 

As you can see, there has been significant fading during the time between the second (Feb 12) and third (May 29) treatments. The ink was soaked up after about 3-4 weeks.

The skin itself appears whiter than the surrounding area, does anyone know if that will darken/tan?

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-0.JPG

#22 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

Here are pics immediately following session 3

Jack said my scar was pretty flat and that he was optimistic it could be camouflaged nicely... here's hoping!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-1.JPG
  • 3-1IMG_5399.JPG

#23 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

day 2

The top looks worse... but since the pic was taken, the redness has come down nicely

The scar is settling too.

I'll keep everyone updated as it progresses

I have a 4th session scheduled for the end of June. If the pigment doesn't hold in the scar, we might go darker in colour.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-2.JPG
  • 3-2IMG_5406.JPG
  • 3-2IMG_5407.JPG

#24 DJ83

DJ83

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

yea man hang in there it is looking better, patience is the key with scars, ive had 3 sessions so far, im def gonna need a 4th and possibly a fifth to finish it up, in the mean time I would apply bio oil and mederma daily ( that's what ive been doing anyway) till I get my 4th in September. I also found in my case wet shaving is def the way to go. Seems to blend in better for me. Make sure to wait at least 10 days though before u wet shave. But yea def keep us posted on your progress, you will get there eventually.

#25 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

yea man hang in there it is looking better, patience is the key with scars, ive had 3 sessions so far, im def gonna need a 4th and possibly a fifth to finish it up, in the mean time I would apply bio oil and mederma daily ( that's what ive been doing anyway) till I get my 4th in September. I also found in my case wet shaving is def the way to go. Seems to blend in better for me. Make sure to wait at least 10 days though before u wet shave. But yea def keep us posted on your progress, you will get there eventually.

My practitioner did tell me that same thing about wet shaving. 

I think maybe HIS' clients with scars have their expectations raised a little too much in thinking that they can grow their hair out a bit (myself being one of those)... I've since realized that the shorter the better.

It's 3D (hair) vs. 2D (dots), and anyone's eye will be drawn to a break between the two.

I've been using Bio Oil, but I will check out Mederma - thanks for the tip

We'll all get there eventually ... G'luck

#26 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

Here's an update I wanted to share... I'm going in for my 4th treatment next week...

I’m wanting to know if the dark colour of the pigment in the scar at this point (3+ weeks since the last treatment) is normal.

Further, the diameter of the pigment vs. hair is quite larger making it look dark from a few feet away. However, when looking at the pigment very close up, it’s actually a bit lighter than the hair.
Are there too many pigmented dots close together?

Note: These pictures were taken 23 days after the 3rd treatment, and were right after a cut (scarred area is shaved with a razor blade - with the grain)

There also hasn't been any blending done yet - the practitioner wants the scar to hold ink before we blend.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-17 days 2.JPG
  • 3-17 days 3.JPG
  • 3-17 days1.JPG

#27 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

Forgot to mention that in the above pictures (my last post), the darker area above and below the scar is actually bruising. It continues to lighten as time goes on.

I had the 4th session on June 29.

Jack hit the surrounding area with pigment in an attempt to blend it all in. He's a wonderful practitioner and genuinely a very nice guy. He clearly knows his stuff.

While he didn't actually add pigment into the scar this time around, he explained that the typical strategy is to increase the density in the scar to reduce the amount of scarred skin visible.

In order to do that, the density surrounding the scar has to be increased as well (as to not appear like a dark line).

The blending appears really dark in these pics because the dots are new - it had faded in the week to follow.

The hair is also longer than I would otherwise keep it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4-0-2.jpeg
  • 4-0.jpeg
  • 4-0-1.jpeg

#28 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

The attached picture was taken about 2 weeks following the 4th session. The scar is still bumpy and looks like it will take time to settle back down to how smooth it was pre-SMP

You can't tell from this pic, but within the last week, the scar faded again. Not significantly (like it did following the second session); but enough to make it more visible.

Note: the sunlight makes the scar look better than it really does... (i.e. it's a flattering pic)

Attached Thumbnails

• 4-14.jpg

#29 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

I had a 5th session today - Jack used a slightly darker pigment (#24) for the scar and continued blending. It was a shorter session - less than 1 hour

My scar continues to soak up ink - fingers crossed it holds this time and settles to the perfect shade.  :(

More pics to come.

#30 normguy1954

normguy1954

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for the updates, Oscar.  Sounds like things are coming along.  Wishing you good final results.  

#31 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

I appreciate that the sun has a beneficial bleaching effect in the photograph, but progress from your starting point is still obviously huge. Look forward to some more pictures when things have all settled down.  Thanks for everything so far.

Best wishes

Ed

#32 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

I have had 4 sessions with HIS on my 2 HT scars.

What has helped camouflage my scar area greatly after SMP, is a product that is a skin colored sun cream invisible zinc!( I live in Australia so suncream is essential)

I found this works by accident when I applied it one day to my scar area, then I applied some anti shine on top and it works a treat.

So in essence, the product not only protects the scar area from the sun (which you need to do anyway) it helps camouflage the scar area, just finish it with some Mac Matte Creme Matifiante anti shine ( the best on the market) and I find it helps the overall appearance of the scar.

I will post some pics shortly to illustrate this.

#33 Blue Smurf

Blue Smurf

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

That sounds excellent.  I appreciate you taking the time to share all this. Its amazing how we all made the mistake of having a HT to make ourselves feel better only to end up putting ourselves through all this.  I have taken note of those products you recommended.

• The Doctor likes this

#34 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Blue Smurf, I have tried a few anti shine products and they were all crap!!

The Mac I mentioned is by far, the best, ok it's a little expensive but as soon as you apply it, you can see it dull the shine immediately!!

If you want more details about the skin colored suncream let me know. Not sure it sells in the UK I, but is sold over here in Australia.

I seriously don't go outside without these products on my scar area.

Good luck

#35 normguy1954

normguy1954

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

I have had 4 sessions with HIS on my 2 HT scars.

What has helped camouflage my scar area greatly after SMP, is a product that is a skin colored sun cream invisible zinc!( I live in Australia so suncream is essential)

I found this works by accident when I applied it one day to my scar area, then I applied some anti shine on top and it works a treat.

So in essence, the product not only protects the scar area from the sun (which you need to do anyway) it helps camouflage the scar area, just finish it with some Mac Matte Creme Matifiante anti shine ( the best on the market) and I find it helps the overall appearance of the scar.

I will post some pics shortly to illustrate this.

What is the name of the sunscreen product that is skin colored?  I would like to try and find it perhaps here in the USA or online.  

Glad you have found a regime that works.  it is the best and most helpful information when it comes from personal experience.

Thanks for sharing with us...

#36 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Thanks everyone,

I will update with pics once I cut it... 

The Doctor - thanks for the heads up on a new product. I'd love to see pics of the product and how it looks when applied.

#37 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Hey All, I haven't posted on here for a while

This whole scar camouflage thing is still causing grief. It's still dark beneath the scar.

I went for a consultation Thursday and met with Danny who has been with the company a while. 

He said it's not bruising, there aren't too many dots; just the ones that are there have continued to retain ink (so much so that it looks dark)

options:

1 - wait 4-6 weeks to see if it lightens on it's own (he said that because the last time I had pigment added was July 16 and it can take 90-100 days for fading to take place)

2 - laser for no more than a couple minutes to just lighten the area (not remove)

very discouraging... this feels like it's taken forever and there is still so much further to go....

#38 Lguy

Lguy

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

I have two HT scars been considering trying SMP for a 2-3 years now I was considering going to the Toronto clinic now that we have a location I can reach without travel can you advise how your results were my scars are similar to yours maybe whiter in colour.

#39 Lguy

Lguy

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:06 AM

I have had two HT transplants in Toronto been considering for 2-3 years SMP now that we have a location in Toronto would you be able to share your experience do you now feel you have sufficient coverage or concealment I have two linear scars that are white I wish to cover as well as build density all over scalp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users