Scarredup5

Luck with Scar creams?

No, I didn't but I did get scar revision.  It made my scar quite smooth.  I suppose I just had it lucky and hopefully this'll help when I go and get SMP done.  But the scar revision had little impact in terms of reducing the scar size and was a bit of a waste of money really. 

This is a great thread topic:

I've been using Bio Oil for a while now and it's ok.

I'm currently looking into a few other contenders. Does anyone have experience with:

1. Mederma PM

2. Mederma gel

3. InstaNatural Scar Gel Cream (has gotten great reviews and topped a couple 'best scar cream' lists)

4. Kelo-Cote scar gel

I am hoping to pick one of these up pretty soon - just can't decide which

I just read and heard from dermatologists that they do hide scars by SMP. 

Great to read there are some enlightened dermatologists out there...  SMP can do a great deal to camouflage scars, depending on the nature of the scar you can expect up to 80 to 90% coverage.  Associated treatments like scar revision and derma rolling can be a useful companion to the SMP if done first.

What the hell happened to the scar repair section of this site???

Years ago this section would get dozens of posts everyday, I've watched off and on over the past year go from minimal posts to zero in the past 6 weeks. This is very unfortunate as this site was an excellent resource for us "scarred" brothers to research and discuss solutions to this life problem. Hopefully more of the old posters will chime in help bring this section back to life. 

What the hell happened to the scar repair section of this site???

Years ago this section would get dozens of posts everyday, I've watched off and on over the past year go from minimal posts to zero in the past 6 weeks. This is very unfortunate as this site was an excellent resource for us "scarred" brothers to research and discuss solutions to this life problem. Hopefully more of the old posters will chime in help bring this section back to life. 

I suspect that scar camouflage has just become a highly trusted aspect of SMP work about which much has been written... making it a relatively easy decision to take without the need for asking questions on here. HIS treat more cases than ever.

Just had three laser fraxel treatments and now I have booked my first SMP session in November.

I had both types of transplant done and its a mess. The Fraxel laser did reduce the line scars especially on top of my head to the point they can't be seen, the donor site not so much. The fraxel treatment did leave my donor sites looking a little red but this will pass, I am also using bio oil to clam it down before the SMP.

On 10/19/2016 at 8:59 PM, Beast said:

Just had three laser fraxel treatments and now I have booked my first SMP session in November.

I had both types of transplant done and its a mess. The Fraxel laser did reduce the line scars especially on top of my head to the point they can't be seen, the donor site not so much. The fraxel treatment did leave my donor sites looking a little red but this will pass, I am also using bio oil to clam it down before the SMP.

Hi, which fraxel company did you go for? looking for myself too.