12 replies to this topic

#1 Scarredup5

Scarredup5

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Has anyone had significant improvements on their scar using scar creams like Bio oil, Scar zone, Maderma or any other creams on the market?

Considering scar repair to fix the big smiley face on the back of my head from two HT's. 

#2 Blue Smurf

Blue Smurf

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

Minimal success.  They do help but if you're looking for one that fades the scar out of notice then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.  I tried huge amounts of vitamin e and so on.

#3 Mattador

Mattador

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

Blue Smurf, did i read you tried dermarolling? If so what was your thoughts on that?

#4 Blue Smurf

Blue Smurf

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

No, I didn't but I did get scar revision.  It made my scar quite smooth.  I suppose I just had it lucky and hopefully this'll help when I go and get SMP done.  But the scar revision had little impact in terms of reducing the scar size and was a bit of a waste of money really. 

#5 Oscar416

Oscar416

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

This is a great thread topic:

I've been using Bio Oil for a while now and it's ok.

I'm currently looking into a few other contenders. Does anyone have experience with:

1. Mederma PM

2. Mederma gel

3. InstaNatural Scar Gel Cream (has gotten great reviews and topped a couple 'best scar cream' lists)

4. Kelo-Cote scar gel

I am hoping to pick one of these up pretty soon - just can't decide which

#6 Blossom-Bubbles

Blossom-Bubbles

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

I just read and heard from dermatologists that they do hide scars by SMP. 

#7 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:20 AM

I just read and heard from dermatologists that they do hide scars by SMP. 

Great to read there are some enlightened dermatologists out there...  SMP can do a great deal to camouflage scars, depending on the nature of the scar you can expect up to 80 to 90% coverage.  Associated treatments like scar revision and derma rolling can be a useful companion to the SMP if done first.

#8 Scarredup5

Scarredup5

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:41 AM

What the hell happened to the scar repair section of this site???

Years ago this section would get dozens of posts everyday, I've watched off and on over the past year go from minimal posts to zero in the past 6 weeks. This is very unfortunate as this site was an excellent resource for us "scarred" brothers to research and discuss solutions to this life problem. Hopefully more of the old posters will chime in help bring this section back to life. 

Considering scar repair to fix the big smiley face on the back of my head from two HT's. 

#9 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:23 AM

What the hell happened to the scar repair section of this site???

Years ago this section would get dozens of posts everyday, I've watched off and on over the past year go from minimal posts to zero in the past 6 weeks. This is very unfortunate as this site was an excellent resource for us "scarred" brothers to research and discuss solutions to this life problem. Hopefully more of the old posters will chime in help bring this section back to life. 

I suspect that scar camouflage has just become a highly trusted aspect of SMP work about which much has been written... making it a relatively easy decision to take without the need for asking questions on here. HIS treat more cases than ever.

#10 fedebold

fedebold

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationURUGUAY

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

I was thinking the same...strange.

#11 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

I will raise it with Head Office and ask that the practitioners encourage clients getting scars treated to come on to the forum and share their experience.

#12 Beast

Beast

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Just had three laser fraxel treatments and now I have booked my first SMP session in November.

I had both types of transplant done and its a mess. The Fraxel laser did reduce the line scars especially on top of my head to the point they can't be seen, the donor site not so much. The fraxel treatment did leave my donor sites looking a little red but this will pass, I am also using bio oil to clam it down before the SMP.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#13 Scarredup5

Scarredup5

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

Beast,

How did your appointment go in November and how do the scars look after the treatment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users