HBK

Found Out...Again

Well I think it's time for lasering this off I'm afraid.

After previously getting asked a few months ago why my hair looked drawn on and why I had a "black line round my head", tonight someone told me how my hair looked painted on.

This is no way to live, I'm always more paranoid than I ever was when I was just balding.

This is why I'm glad I didn't go through with it. I wet shave and while a shadow would be nice, I much prefer no shadow then having people know one is painted on with to large of dots. Hope everything works out man.

I don't get that.

Your treatment looks really good since the lasering. But photos can be deceiving.

Thanks man. That's comforting at least. I don't know what to think now to be honest. Devastated!

HBK I checked out your thread and the pictures look great! Nice blend and very natural hairline. Tough to imagine you've been called out twice for it. How did it happen the second time around, was it coworkers again?

HBK I checked out your thread and the pictures look great! Nice blend and very natural hairline. Tough to imagine you've been called out twice for it. How did it happen the second time around, was it coworkers again?

Was at work again yeah. Was an older guy who I wouldn't think has a clue what SMP is. Wasn't like he was taking the piss, just making an observation. He said it looked painted on then took a closer look and said "that's weird" and away he went. My pal was with me at the time and I laughed it off just and that was it. At least it wasn't a crowd of people this time.

Thanks a lot for the feedback hairhair98. I value your opinion and really appreciate you taking the time to look into it in so much detail. It's given me plenty to think about!

I think you may be right about the density / darkness. The darkest pigment I had was 22 and my hair is very dark as well so if anything I think the issue is more likely to be the density.

Hey HBK, its a shame to see you got found out again. Really feel bad for you mate. Shouldnt have be paranoid when getting this treatment done.

Im trying to figure out if "black line around my head" means hairline or could it be blending from top of head SMP to real hair on sides/back?

Your treatment looks good in photos but could it be too dense when seen in person? I know when taking pictures of SMP so many variables like lighting\hair length\ camera angle can make it look so different!

What is your hair length in the photos?

Have you told anyone that you have had this treatment and if so could they give you an honest opinion?

Pictures dont really give the best view however if you could post a few more from different angles\lighting we mite be able to help more.

Good luck mate with what you decide.

This is what worries me hence asking so many questions. Trying to build up the courage to go ahead with it is proving difficult.

Yes indeed....I had just recently again decided I would go through with it...now I read this...I appreciate the many honest experiences that get reported here. Looks like I'm back on the fence.

From the photos your treatment looks very realistic. My only thought is that since you have so much real hair left, there could be some blending issues that are only apparent in real life. Me personally, I am basically a cue ball when shaved down so what you see is almost entirely SMP. I've never had any of the comments you've experienced, in fact I get irritated by the number of girls who nicely suggest hairstyles for me to grow out. 

Before you laser it off, perhaps give some thought to adjusting the hairline as others have suggested. Or even just shaving your existing hair a different way. 

This is what worries me hence asking so many questions. Trying to build up the courage to go ahead with it is proving difficult.

It's important to meet clients in real life and judge the treatment for yourself. Don't just go by photos or by taking people at their word on here. I think half the time people are suspicious not because a treatment looks fake, but they think "why would someone with such a great head of hair shave it all off like that?". In other words, if a treatment is "too good" it can raise more suspicions than a receeding and faded treatment.

From the photos your treatment looks very realistic. My only thought is that since you have so much real hair left, there could be some blending issues that are only apparent in real life. Me personally, I am basically a cue ball when shaved down so what you see is almost entirely SMP. I've never had any of the comments you've experienced, in fact I get irritated by the number of girls who nicely suggest hairstyles for me to grow out. 

Before you laser it off, perhaps give some thought to adjusting the hairline as others have suggested. Or even just shaving your existing hair a different way. 

It's important to meet clients in real life and judge the treatment for yourself. Don't just go by photos or by taking people at their word on here. I think half the time people are suspicious not because a treatment looks fake, but they think "why would someone with such a great head of hair shave it all off like that?". In other words, if a treatment is "too good" it can raise more suspicions than a receeding and faded treatment.

You might be right kojak, I'm not sure. I find that my treatment is slightly dark to get away with totally shaved bald so I normally wet shave with the grain the night before which leaves a little bit of stubble the next day which length suits the darkness of my treatment I think. I shave the back and sides again every morning because of the FUE scars so it's only the top which has the stubble. Maybe the combined darkness of both the treatment and the stubble make it look like "painted on" to people, I don't really know

I think your treatment looks A+ man. There's always going to be someone to nitpick the way someone else appears. Perhaps, think of some witty comebacks to shut your coworkers up because I'm sure they weren't born perfect. Good luck bud!

I think your treatment looks A+ man. There's always going to be someone to nitpick the way someone else appears. Perhaps, think of some witty comebacks to shut your coworkers up because I'm sure they weren't born perfect. Good luck bud!

No offense but I feel this isn't a completely sincere reply. Obviously he has some real issues with it being spotted by untrained eyes. That's not desirable. The last older guy wasn't being a jerk just being honest. It might be a good thing so he knows for sure the treatment he has now is detectable. I really respect op's honesty and hope things work out. Knowing that it can be lasered off if all else fails is a good thing. I still haven't ruled this treatment out but if I do get it it will be super light and receded. Hopefully whoever I go to will be honest and tell me if this is possible. This treatment isn't worth it if random people call you out on it.

What about the shinning? Maybe your real skin just doesn't shine and the bald parts shine more, making visible some sort of "ring" around your head.

Anyway it looks quite dark for a #22, or maybe just too dense. Can you meet with some other HIS client to get a sincere opinion? I think in Manchester, London, Birmingham... you're a lot of clients.

Well, I've bee scrutinizing your pictures... and I can't see any sort of "line", "circle", "ring"... or whatever it is. I'm really surprised you've been found out. But obviously there's something if you've been found out twice when usually people is not find out once.