Bjarne

Fading after treatment 2 - should i be disappointed?

Hi All,

Its been 8 days since i had my 2nd session.

The treatment has faded a fair bit, not sure if i should feel disappointed as its only been 2 treatments.

I was so chuffed for the 1st few days after the treatment, but If im honest im disappointed its faded so much, as you can barely see anything has been done.

I understand its difficult to predict each persons degree of fading, and a "suck it and see " approach is recommended, as once its overdone, its difficult to be "undone".

So I assume the 3rd session will go darker to try and "future proof" any fading?,  i have dark hair and a pigment 24 was used.

I dont want to be one of these people that has 7 or 8 touch ups ! :-(.

Your thoughts folks?

See pics

post-295358-0-32896900-1412359551_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-32515300-1412359554_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-24141400-1412359558_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-31017900-1412359561_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-92730500-1412359563_thumb.jpg

Not to bad mate, iv seen more fading before! Don't worry, everyone is different and you will get there next session. Everyone pretty much needs at least 3 sessions anyway, just means you have a good immune system LOL. Mine has always been terrible and I get horrific 28 days later man plague so i guess thats why i didn't fade to much LOOOL. 

He will go a bit darker next session but is impossible for him to know how your body will react to the treatment at first, thats mainly why its done in sessions and not just done in 1 sitting. Send your pics to HIS and #### will have a look, you could even pop through to the glasgow clinic and they can have a close up. 

Try not to worry this is completely normal but i know it must be a little disappointing but you will get there

Bjarne, I would say you are on the classic HatingHats trajectory. I had six full treatments in all (seven total if you count one minor session) and after each treatment I was feeling pretty low a month afterwards. And, each time I showed up at the climic for the next treatment, I would say politely, "Can we please go much darker?"  To which the practitioner would say, that the very dark shades are only used for men of African descent. Finally, I met with Ian and Ranbir and then later got Ian's permission to try any shade I wanted. On my last treatment, I went with mainly shade 0 at the back crown (this is pure pigment, and the darkest shade HIS has) and mainly shade 4 over most of the top of the scalp. After that treatment, I finally had what I had been searching for all along.  I know it sounds absolute bat shit crazy to put the shade normally used for a Nigerian man of the darkest skin tone on a white dude, but for me, that is what I needed. And you may have a similar skin composition and epigenetic background.

For you, I recommend that your next treatment consist of Shade 10 to 12 over the major top portion of you scalp. It may appear a bit too dark in the first two weeks after the treatment, but two months down the road and it will be much more in line with what you are expecting (and paying for).

Is it just me that thinks it looks really good. The 2 close ups where you can actually see the dots look amazing, the crown in particular. Maybe a bit of fading at the front but other than that I'd be delighted with that after 2 sessions

Right there with you man. It has been 2 weeks since my second treatment and it is like losing my hair all over again. Fading is a good thing in my opinion because if it is a little too dark right after the session at least you know you will fade and I would rather go for 4 plus treatments than 1 or 2 and look like a someone that has shoe polish on his head.

I think the practicioners at Hishair way on the cautious side and again this is better than taking a risk and you walking out looking rediculous.

Im really gutted though guys !

Im over 2k lighter on the pocket !

I trust the practioners totally, but your left to decide im a happy?, im a not? , the follow up is left up to you !, if i leave it 2 months, there will be nothing on my head !

Emperors new clothes comes to mind !

Hopefully this will all be sorted at some point , but in the middle of the process, its a true rollercaoster as everyone says!

Heres some more pics guys, i think the crown area is holding up better than the front.

I had a fairly small balding area at crown, as i think i was between a norwood 3-4.

post-295358-0-00000400-1412409082_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-01876800-1412409090_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-71124900-1412409096_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-81607500-1412409101_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-80643500-1412409108_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-25761500-1412409114_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-02655300-1412409121_thumb.jpg

post-295358-0-88057000-1412409121_thumb.jpg

When i compare the b4 and after selfie, perhaps things not as bad, but defo could be improved?, what u think folks?

With hair shaved to bone, its better look anyway if your baldy, SMP or not I guess. The before shot was when i used clippers, i now use a remington foil job.

post-295358-0-94116600-1412409433_thumb.jpg

... and just as a reminder, 8 days ago it  looked like this

Got to remember it was never going to stay looking like that. The ink was fresh and there would have been small ink scabs which made it look dark like that.

As I said before, I honestly think it looks excellent. From what I can see it has faded to a good shade in most places, just the odd patch here and there at the front could do with a touch up. Maybe drop a shade to a 22 next session should sort it IMO.

I was norwood 7 and thought after session 2 id achieved the perfect result...alas fading happened and I needed the third...right now im thinking of a touch up in january...point is is nt it better to build towards a result as opposed to going too dark too soon ...it still looks good btw...are you examining under bathroom lighting which will always be a tough test

are you comparing it to straight after treatment/before scabs fell off mate? If so it will never look the same, like when you get a normal tattoo. The ink looks 3d/dark/sharpe because its scabs on top of the skin, that falls off and you have a lighter ink under the skin. Have a look at my pics straight after 3rd session and now look pretty different. But I would say now looks more natural

Looking at your pics more I think the hairline/front needs more work but I reckon #### might have applied light pressure around that area to go for a feathered natural look maybes?

The good news is that there is now a Glasgow clinic you can go to for treatment. It looks like you are going to be a 3 plus plus guy, so another £500 and you will get the perfect result eventually

Don't forget that after your third paid-for session, you're covered under guarantee.

Same happend to me. It was perfect after the 2nd session, but it all disapeared after the first wash. Luckily I didn't have to pay for a third session like you will have to. What's the point of the initial assesment then?

Over a year later I did a testpatch. I told a different practioner that 24 shade was used and he said that was way too light!?

I advice you to do a test patch so you won't end up like most of us with multiple treatments. With the right assesment I do believe you can get the same result close to a fresh treatment.

I think Magic HIS have moved forward with colours since you got it done. I think back when you got it done they were far more cautious but now probably down to research they go far darker. Everything improves with time.

I do disagree from what I see and read you cannot get the treatment to look close to a fresh treatment once it fades and settles.

fading - disappointed ? , of course you are it looks so great just after session 2 you want it to stay like that !!!

- worried ? , not at all as most of us get fading and need a 3rd or even a 4th

Bjorne. I think the crown needs a darker shade and maybe a bit behind the hairline. I think the hairline looks great though and the faded look up front looks the best and most natural to me. Maybe start darker about half an inch behind hairline. But totally up to you on how you want it to look. You might be after a very detailed lined hairline and in that case disregard what I said. Lol.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your input, session 3 this Thursday, so big intake of breath ! and woosh !here we go !

Thing is no-one has even noticed iv had anything done, i dont know if this is good or bad.

Even my 7 yr old niece who is a blunt as any child, never noticed.

I pointed it out to folk fo them to notice ! lol

I tried the eyeliner thing to darken it up for pub session, but this is not something id want to be doing for ever !

Was on a couple of dates lst few weeks, and both girls asked "why do you shave your head, you look like you dont need to ", which felt good actually !, I just replied "my hair is how i like the ladies , low maintenance" ! lol

Mate, iv heard a lot of people don't notice when the person already has shaved head. Prob because people aren't really looking at you in great detail. Iv also heard of people saying they feel something is different but can't work out what LOL. Theses are good signs, last thing u want is someone saying oh you have new head tat LOOL

good luck with 3rd and keep us posted