#1 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I am 31 (living in Oslo, Norway) and been bald since my mid twenties. I started to loose my hair when I was around 18 years old if I remember correctly.

I've been reading a lot of different post on this forum and see I a bunch of great results with this type of treatment, which gives me some confidence and hope again :)

As you can see in my photos, I am at Norwood 7 stage and I usually wet shave my head every second day to keep it smooth and clean. I would prefer to continue wet shaving even if I get this treatment done in the near future. My biggest concern is... Transitions between real hair and the SMP dots when totally shaved? I am not sure which colors will suit my existing hair best, but I assume that there won't be no problem find the correct to match my existing hair?

Could you tell from photos, how many treatments do think I need to get the best results? I am not sure about the hairline (front) yet, but I will try to find some old photos of my hairline when I had hair and post it on here later on.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• side.png
  • behind.jpg

#2 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Hello, welcome to the forum.

I would be almost certain you'll need 3-4 sessions. Your needs are very similar to mine, and I had 3 sessions with a very short fourth session a few months later. Exactly how many sessions you need will depend primarily on how heavily the pigments fade between each session.

Regarding your PM, you can find much of Sams work in the Swedish section of the forum, although he also does treatments in the UK and US:

http://forum.hishair...r-från-sverige/

Some examples

http://forum.hishair...ort-i-göteborg/

http://forum.hishair...ment-in-sweden/

Dont worry about what pigment density/shade you need, as this will be assessed on the day of your first session and discussed between you and your practitioner.

• graphik likes this
Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#3 Ljungberg

Ljungberg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Hi, I think the Smp will look great on you. You could use an electric shaver on the sides. Just like you I had no hair on the top... I have my third treatment to Saman tomorrow. I would recommend you to go to Saman in Gøteborg. He is skilled, use very small dots and will see what color that will suit you best. Hairline you choose by yourself. Best of luck!

• graphik likes this

#4 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

Thank you both for replying!

I am in contact with Saman and hopefully I will be heading to Gothenburg next friday to get my first treatment... I'll probably post some pictures during the process.

#5 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

So, I've had my first treatment with Saman in Gothenburg yesterday and I am already super wired for my next session, which is on 23 Sept!

Saman is an truly amazing HIS artist... I couldn't believe how small the dots were after we finished! He is very professional and hilarious guy, just great! We talked most of the time while during the procedure and I was totally relaxed while my head were receiving over 4-5000 tiny dots :D

The procedure took about 3.5 - 4 and the pain was not bad at all. Side temples did hurt a bit more but it was nothing tremendous or horrible about it. I've got many tattoos all over my body so I'm pretty used to the "pain".

I looked in the mirror today and I just can't believe how much younger I already look... PURE joy! Hopefully my pigments will settle in a nice way and next session will go as smoothly as my frist one!

Here is two photos that I took this morning. Not the best quality, but oh' well!

From above: http://i58.tinypic.com/2llmwye.png

From the side: http://i57.tinypic.com/22kf85.png

• Ljungberg likes this

#6 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

For those who interested, here's an update...

I was back in Gothenburg for my second treatment with Saman yesterday and I am truly amazed how good this man is with needles!

The second procedure took about 3.5 - 4, same as the last time. Since I have lost a lot of hair, we added a lot of density this time and went a little darker in color (in the back, since my hair is pretty dark) and kept the same color on the top and the sides as we used in the previous session to give it a perfect blend.

Saman told me that I have really good skin and that my pigments held really well and when it finally settles down it will give me that "shadow look" that I was asking for from the very start. I will continue wet shaving since I am used to it and (in my opinion) it gives my head that natural freshly shaved look.

My head doesn't shine that much to be honest, but I will try both HeadLube Matte and Peter Roth Matte and see what that will do.

Some photos taken today:

sf_front.png sf_back.png sf_left.png sf_right.png

If anyone have any questions, please feel free to ask.

#7 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

And here's one shot taken today in better lighting conditions.

sf_hoodie.png

#8 Baldhead

Baldhead

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for sharing, it looks amazing!
  • graphik likes this

#9 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

4 weeks after my second treatment. Pigments are starting to blend perfectly and I am quite satisfied. Going back for my 3rd treatment 6th of November to add more density in the back and touch up some minor spots with minimum fading.

Attached Thumbnails

• second.png

#10 Duby

Duby

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hey man, looks great.  Was just wondering what colour is your natural hair? I'm looking to get the same treatment and think that your colour may be quite similar to mine - might use your work as an example! 

Thanks for posting. 

#11 graphik

graphik

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hey man, looks great.  Was just wondering what colour is your natural hair? I'm looking to get the same treatment and think that your colour may be quite similar to mine - might use your work as an example! 

Thanks for posting. 

Ey dude, thanks a bunch!

We used 3 different shades for my head (26 / 28 / 30) and I have dark brown hair. 26 is the darkest shade and was used in the back of my head cause that's the spot where my hair is darkest. Your practitioner will anyways know what suits you best and you should listen to him if you want the best outcome! 

Are you doing yours in Gothenburg? If so, you are in safe hands!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users