Photo

The best response I couldve hoped for....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Harper

Harper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

POPULAR

Backstory... 33 years old, been shaving my head since sports in high school.

I am white, but have rather dark/tanned skin naturally.

Over the years MPB set in to the point that I really only had peach fuzz growing on the top of my head, but having always had a shaved head, and the color of my skin, Im often asked if I have hair or not.  For those of us who are very concious of balding, we know I dont, but to others they arent as sure....

Had been contemplating SMP for some time, decided it was time to take the plunge.

I didnt even tell my wife I was doing it, she knew it existed, and one time a conversation came up where she said some famous guys were doing it, but thats all the conversation we had ever had on it.  She of course knows what my hair looks like at times ive been too lazy to shave for a few days, and the hair on my sides is still quite dark.

So tuesday, I had my first session.  After the session I went to my office and worked late, when I got home, she and my daughter were asleep so I slept in the basement, which is almost the norm during the week as we keep very different hours.  The following morning, they are up and gone before I even come upstairs.

Anyway....  wed evening I come home early, and they had ran to the store.  The redness had subsided from the treatment.  I was sitting working at the kitchen counter when they came in.  She said hi, gave me a kiss, looked right at me and....

Said nothing.  She didnt even notice haha.  To me, the difference is night and day, but she didnt say a word.  I just stared at her with a funny look on my face.  We talked about normal stuff, went into my daughters play room, watched her play, talked.... nothing.   All the while I have a stupid grin on my face, which she kept asking why, I said no reason.

So it was time for dinner and we went back to the kitchen.  She hands me a box from amazon which I open and it was some headlube moisturizer.  She asks why Ive been orderindg so many skin care products lately, as this was not the first amazon box, and i just started laughing.  I had been home and with them for an hour at this point.  I said 'really'?  She says 'really what?'  I said 'now I understand why girls get mad when you dont notice they got a hair cut'.  She still didnt get it.  Finally i said 'you really dont notice anything different?'  As I leaned my head down she was like 'holy sh$t'.  

Id imagine most people biggest fear is that they walk out looking like theyve got some crazy thing on their head.  Well I got the exact opposite.

Fast forward to today, my first light wash and shave.  It looks amazing.  Sure, theres a bit of fading and touching up needed with my second session on tuesday, but wow this is awesome.  And with the peach fuzz that grows on the top of my head, which I did not shave over the smp area, it even feels real.  You would never ever know, and this is session one.

Im very aware its a process and can fade etc and need continued maintenece over the long term, but for those in doubt, take the plunge.

• Hairkiller, David1963, G-Star and 6 others like this

#2 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

Great story man, glad it's going well.

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#3 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:21 AM

Awesome bro! Good to hear that it is improving your appearance. If it's not too much to ask post some pics for us to see. Good luck with session 2!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users