50 replies to this topic

#1 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hi guys been a while since I posted on here, it's been roughly two years since my treatment so thought I'd give a update on my situation.

At the end of last year I noticed some fading in my crown,scar and bits on top of my scalp so decided to go for a assessment in Birmingham, they agreed there was some fading in them areas and quoted me I think £300 which was fine however i wasn't concerned enough to shell out the money and thought I could live with it how it was, well moving forward to present day the fading in the crown has been considerable, the scar has maybe faded a little further and the top has stayed roughly the same.

I'm hoping the cost for a touch up has stayed roughly the same as when I was quoted, I'm pretty pleased that its took two years for the need of a touch up however im pretty gutted my crown faded so much.

I will post some pictures tomorrow evening for you guys to look at and give me your opinions,

Cheers
Follow my progress Haircules mht journey- (A Quest for for the golden hairline) starring me

Had forth and hopfully final treatment at his clinic on 26/03/2012
Very happy guy :)

#2 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

300 sounds gd but two years aint long when say average 4 to 5. Look forward to see the pics u put up.
  • Magic likes this

#3 MrPJ

MrPJ

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWilmslow

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Looking at the date you have posted it looks over 2 and a half years. I was advised 3-5 years is the norm but some are less some are longer, so you are at the average end of the scale. I think spending £300 every few years is a fair price by HIS. I have seen some on here that fade a lot quicker. Doesn't it depend on the skin how long it lasts?

#4 G-Star

G-Star

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationSouth west England

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

I assumed it's 500-£600 for a touch up. Might be wrong. Maybe depends on extent and area to reapply

#5 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Wow two and halfs years that's gone quick,yeh £300 is fair enough after two years.
They initially had trouble putting the pigments in crown and scar hence why I needed 4 treatments, I think it tends to be the areas with the most trouble holding the pigments.
I am getting a little anxious and paranoid now as as I'm developing what looks like a bald patch over my crown and my scar doesn't seem so covered, so think il need to get it touched up this year for sure.
Follow my progress Haircules mht journey- (A Quest for for the golden hairline) starring me

#6 MaxG

MaxG

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Get the touch up Haircules you will feel better. My strategy is one very light and quick touch up every year so I keep it fresh all the time. I don't see how someone can wait 5 years to do a touch up.

SMP (2 strip scars from 3 HT): http://forum.hishair...5-28-days-to-go
#1 July 8th 2013 w/ Daz #32
#2 July 15th 2013 w/ Daz #30 #32
#3 July 20th 2013 w/ Katrina #32
#4 August 13th 2013 w/ Katrina #30 #32

#5 February 24th 2014 Touch up w/ Katrina #30 #32

#6 April 16th 2014 New hairline 1/2 w/ Katrina #32

#7 April 23rd 2014 New hairline 2/2 w/ Katrina #32

#8 January 26th 2016 New hairline + touch up 1/2 w/ Jeremie #30 #32

#9 February 2nd 2016 New hairline + touch up 2/2 w/ Jeremie #30 #32

#10 March 1st 2016 Quick touch up (HL) w/ J #32

#7 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hi guys been a while since I posted on here, it's been roughly two years since my treatment so thought I'd give a update on my situation.

At the end of last year I noticed some fading in my crown,scar and bits on top of my scalp so decided to go for a assessment in Birmingham, they agreed there was some fading in them areas and quoted me I think £300 which was fine however i wasn't concerned enough to shell out the money and thought I could live with it how it was, well moving forward to present day the fading in the crown has been considerable, the scar has maybe faded a little further and the top has stayed roughly the same.

I'm hoping the cost for a touch up has stayed roughly the same as when I was quoted, I'm pretty pleased that its took two years for the need of a touch up however im pretty gutted my crown faded so much.

I will post some pictures tomorrow evening for you guys to look at and give me your opinions,

Cheers

Welcome back, good to hear from you again. If its bothering you, get it done because it will keep on bothering you. Lets have a look at your photos first though, so you can get a second opinion.

I assumed it's 500-£600 for a touch up. Might be wrong. Maybe depends on extent and area to reapply

It depends on hours in the chair so yes, the cost is usually down to a combination of the scalp area and density needed.

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#8 HatingHats

HatingHats

Engineer and Questioning Skeptic

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Haircules, until you make a decision, consider my inexpensive eyebrow pencil trick.  Purchase one from a women's cosmetic counter and place little dots on your scalp, then rub in small circles.  Will stay dark all day, during a light swim or medium sweating.

Family guy, Electrical Engineer, HIS SMPer and Dwemer Tonal Architect

SMP treatments finished on July 12th, 2013

Went from Norwood 4.5 to a realistic Norwood 1 - Pretty happy with my results!

Religions are based on faith, and Science takes nothing on faith and tests everything.  I prefer Science, It just works bitches!

#9 G-Star

G-Star

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationSouth west England

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Any particular amount of penciled on dots required HH? Or just a general amount throughout scalp. Might try this for myself.
  • JuJu likes this

#10 HatingHats

HatingHats

Engineer and Questioning Skeptic

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Just grab a decent women's eye liner pencil and make little dots on the scalp (particularly the lighter areas) and then rub in circles until everything is well blended. (say, with the sides)  My wife told me to try this trick and it worked.

• G-Star and JuJu like this

Family guy, Electrical Engineer, HIS SMPer and Dwemer Tonal Architect

SMP treatments finished on July 12th, 2013

Went from Norwood 4.5 to a realistic Norwood 1 - Pretty happy with my results!

Religions are based on faith, and Science takes nothing on faith and tests everything.  I prefer Science, It just works bitches!

#11 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Sorry guys didnt get a chance to post pictures but I'm on stag do until Monday so will post pictures then :)

#12 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Just got back from prague and managed to get some pictures of my smp, you can in this picture of the back of my head that my fears are correct you can clearly see my crown has faded and got that dreaded ring of a bald patch 😟

#13 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Here's the pic

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#14 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Get the touch up Haircules you will feel better. My strategy is one very light and quick touch up every year so I keep it fresh all the time. I don't see how someone can wait 5 years to do a touch up.

Yea I think your correct on that, one touch up a year
  • JuJu likes this

#15 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Close up

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#16 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Selfie in prague of the front

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#17 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Has faded lot more than average id go darker slightly see how .goes
  • Haircules and JuJu like this

#18 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Has faded lot more than average id go darker slightly see how .goes

Yea think I might just do that

#19 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Hi damien, I know there's a finance option at HIS now, am I able for example to get touch up on finance if cost me approx £300?

Cheers

#20 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

It's hard for me to tell off of those pics, as they are pretty blurry... also the one from behind might have some shadow/light play going on that is making it more pronounced than it actually is.  I cant really say for sure based on those pics.

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users