Sign in to follow this  
bmorr7

Toppik vs. Caboki vs. XFusion vs. Nanogen

I'm wondering if others have used these hair powders that simulate hair on the scalp.  I'm trying to decide which one to buy.  Which one works the best?

1. Toppik

2. Caboki

3. XFusion

4. Nanogen

I have tested pretty much all the powders on the market before my SMP and here is my ranking:

1. Nanogen

2. Toppik

3. Caboki (really didn't like this one)

I don't know about x-fusion. I used hairspray (the regular one for women) to fix it.

Really? I guess it might depend on how much you use. I read fibers starve your scalp of oxygen, the amount I caked on and then super glued down made sense. I always felt my scalp was itchy when using them. I also heard they can cause hairs to in grow which #### said I have.

I think as long as you're not using them daily and/or you only have them on for 8 hours of less, its fine.  Wash them out before you go to sleep and give your scalp a thorough wash and I don't forsee an issue.  I too asked a very reputable surgeon and he said they're fine to use.  Two ways I know he was a good surgeon, A. he is top dog in chicago B. he told me i was too young to have a HT and told me he refused to perform one on me due to that fact.  He pointed me in the direction of HIS actually. Finally a surgeon w/ morals.

Are you planning on getting smp I use nanogen but my hair loss now that bad can tell summats in hair . That's why even though better than bald still affects me lot. Plus fibres awkward to sleep cant swim or rain touch it or girls touch hair n wind. But still gd option if got lot hair while saving for smp.

After one try ...

Caboki - great if you have had.  Doesn't work unless you rub on it to activate it but if you have hair and you rub it ... it's amazing. Hair seems to sprout out of your head.  Doesn't work well if you have a close cut head but with long hair that's just thin, this is great.

X-Fusion - looks natural on scalp with a shaved cut.  Simulates SMP well.

Nanogen - similar to Caboki but retains a bit of the X-Fusion benefits as well.  Kind of a Caboki/X-Fusion hybrid.

Will try again this weekend.

We're having trouble getting these fibers to look ok on the areas of scalp where there is little hair follicle activity. Does anyone know how best to "prep" the skin before applying these products like DermMatch or Toppik or Caboki?  Should alcohol be applied to the scalp?  Or any other prep for the skin to make the products look better and more consistent?

I use Toppik and they look really good.

once they are in I use a very strong hairspray which keeps my hair in place and the fibres locked in.

I have been caught in very heavy rain and the hairspray works so well that none of the fibres run onto my face.

would def recommend Toppik but get the spray top to apply much better!

All I remember about Caboki is their ridiculously cheesy videos on YouTube, complete with some sort of diabetes-inducing dance music. Product looks good though.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Dermmatch ?

I've found that DermMatch is very different that Caboki/Toppik/XFusion/Nanogen.  DermMatch is much better for a closen shaven scalp as it is essentially makeup that simulates hair follicles.  Caboki/Toppik/XFusion/Nanogen seems to be better for areas with longer hairs where some thickening is needed.  What do others think?

All I remember about Caboki is their ridiculously cheesy videos on YouTube, complete with some sort of diabetes-inducing dance music. Product looks good though.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Dermmatch ?

Sure Dermmatch is a very different product, but a lot of people here say they've used it so I thought it was worth mentioning.

I've never used concealers so excuse my ignorance, but considering they're all basically keratin fibres in a shake dispenser (except Dermmatch and Mane), doesn't it stand to reason that they should all be basically the same thing, and perform no better or worse than the next brand?

I've never used concealers so excuse my ignorance, but considering they're all basically keratin fibres in a shake dispenser (except Dermmatch and Mane), doesn't it stand to reason that they should all be basically the same thing, and perform no better or worse than the next brand?

A few things which differ from brand to brand:

• The strength of the electrostaic charge which determines how well they stay in your hair when it gets windy or wet.
  • Nanogen use dipolar charged fibres so they branch out from your hair - christmas tree effect, not bond flat on the strands - increasing the effect.
  • How well the colour dye is locked into the fibres - will the dye run if you get your hair wet? With some brands it will, some not.

Here in the UK Nanogen is considered the superiour brand followed by Toppik/Cabooki.

Does these products affect your smp. Was thinking of trying these like making a moheeken. With my smp I already have . Wud look great Or cud look sad. Wud love to check. But don't wana risk anything wrong as I have paid money for the treatment. Just curious to see how it wud look for a little change. Mix things up ????