Hairperfect

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNew york

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yes for 5 months,,45 mins a day and had to wear a
Helmet ,,it may help certain people and eliminate rogain but from my experience and some others I gave up

#83 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

The LA practitioner is definitely a HUGE asset for this company. Amazing work. Had him for my 4th session in Toronto. They flew him in to help us in Canada here.

And I was fortunate enough to have my best session done by him. Off topic sorta..but seen some pics with a "Post Foil Shave"...and had a question.

I just had my 5th session done. First 2 sessions were crap...they didn't go dark enough or dense enough...so that's why sessions #4 and #5 were needed.

But heres my question...had my 5th session done 6 days ago. I waited 6 full days before shaving just to make sure all the nice dark dots stay as much as they can and heal 100%.

But this time I decided to shave my head with a real razor. Now I don't use shaving cream anymore...cause it dries the living shit outta ur skin..and has tons of chemicals

in it as well. So I use coconut oil. Just slather it on ur face and shave. Its really nice and smooth and moisturizes ur face at the same time. So I used some to shave my head

today. And was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.... I shaved and while shaving...ink was pouring down my head?! Water mixed with ink! I feel like it was probably $200 dollars worth of ink!!! Ha Is that normal? Has anyone had this same thing happen? Is that just the extra ink that's encrusted on ur scalp on each dot now being shaved and mixing with the water? Or did I scrap ink off my scalp with the razor? Or both? Ive always used a baling clipper or foil shaver for my past 4 sessions. So running ink was never an issue.

It looked like when a girl wearing mascara cries;S it was exactly like that. Ink all over my white towel too. Did I just screw up my session and lost some ink by shaving with a razor?

Or maybe the coconut oil PULLED some ink out of my scalp?? Please comment..and lets see what we can come up with

Thanks

#84 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

I don't quite remember but I think I was told not to wet shave for a good 2 weeks. Maybe some of the other members(hatinghats)could give u an answer to the effects that coconut oil had on the ink... you might get more responses if u create a thread for this in the common room.

#85 hairhair1

hairhair1

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:05 AM

Wait, LA practitioner is at the Toronto Clinic right now??

• WestSide likes this

#86 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

I think he was just helping out.

#87 WestSide

WestSide

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationLos angeles

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

The LA practitioner is definitely a HUGE asset for this company. Amazing work. Had him for my 4th session in Toronto. They flew him in to help us in Canada here.

And I was fortunate enough to have my best session done by him. Off topic sorta..but seen some pics with a "Post Foil Shave"...and had a question.

I just had my 5th session done. First 2 sessions were crap...they didn't go dark enough or dense enough...so that's why sessions #4 and #5 were needed.

But heres my question...had my 5th session done 6 days ago. I waited 6 full days before shaving just to make sure all the nice dark dots stay as much as they can and heal 100%.

But this time I decided to shave my head with a real razor. Now I don't use shaving cream anymore...cause it dries the living shit outta ur skin..and has tons of chemicals

in it as well. So I use coconut oil. Just slather it on ur face and shave. Its really nice and smooth and moisturizes ur face at the same time. So I used some to shave my head

today. And was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.... I shaved and while shaving...ink was pouring down my head?! Water mixed with ink! I feel like it was probably $200 dollars worth of ink!!! Ha Is that normal? Has anyone had this same thing happen? Is that just the extra ink that's encrusted on ur scalp on each dot now being shaved and mixing with the water? Or did I scrap ink off my scalp with the razor? Or both? Ive always used a baling clipper or foil shaver for my past 4 sessions. So running ink was never an issue.

It looked like when a girl wearing mascara cries;S it was exactly like that. Ink all over my white towel too. Did I just screw up my session and lost some ink by shaving with a razor?

Or maybe the coconut oil PULLED some ink out of my scalp?? Please comment..and lets see what we can come up with

Thanks

you should talk with a tech to be honest they are the experts!  

#88 JazzHead

JazzHead

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

POPULAR

Congrats Jose and welcome to the brotherhood! Zang is definitely the man.

The LA practitioner is a pretty straight shooter and has a rooted understanding of SMP that is beyond reproach.  Yes there are other facilities out here in So. California - DUH! - this is the entertainment capitol of planet earth - plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry, lipo, implants, transplants, etc.... so yes, there is no shortage of overnight salons promoting their version of SMP... Buyer beware when it comes to settling on a dubious salon just cos' you think you're saving a couple of dollars.

• NOwayJOSE, WestSide and Cutlass18 like this

#89 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

Just got back from Hawaii and some fun in the sun. Going on a year since my last session and it's holding up just fine!

Attached Thumbnails

• rsz_picsart_1449533412534.png

• Alec Baldwin and WestSide like this

#90 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:05 AM

Just a quick update..Had a touch up last week with "XXXX" Lol!
(I'll save you the trouble Ed)

Here's a few pics.
image.jpeg

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.png

#91 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:58 AM

Thanks for the pictures, and for the sensitivity towards the rules on here.

These rules have been constantly under discussion at HIS HQ since the last time we discussed them at length on here. All attempts to date to introduce changes have crashed on the rocks of the IT Department, who point out the enormous amount of man hours required to make the changes needed.

So the case for the status quo stays strong, it is not broken so why fix it. Maybe we could run a simple poll on here to get a view of how you all feel, rather than the well considered thoughts of those who engage in the debate. A referendum type binary question, should we allow naming of practitioners or not?

So with apologies for the mini hijacking of this thread (which is at 5 pages a mature one that can probably stand a little dilution)... I invite your thoughts on a poll, can I ask that we do not turn this into any sort of shouting match though - the idea is that we get to the right answer without the shouting.

• NOwayJOSE and sbtd like this

#92 HairLossJourney

HairLossJourney

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

Happy for Jose
  • NOwayJOSE and HIS - Ed like this

#93 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:24 AM

Just finished reading this 5-page thread – good stuff! Especially since I'll be sitting in the exact same chair in LA in two short days. I'm sort of glad I didn't overanayze the whole process beforehand... my #1 goal was simply to pick the best practitioner I could find. Then let him work his magic and give me back what mother nature took away! Sweet Jesus, please let mine turn out as good as Jose's. :D
>> Simulated hairline.

#94 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

Thank you for the kind words bald ego. So how was your experience? Our guy in Los Angeles is great. I'm sure things went well and you're well on your way to happiness!
  • HIS - Ed and the bald ego like this

#95 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

Thank you for the kind words bald ego. So how was your experience? Our guy in Los Angeles is great. I'm sure things went well and you're well on your way to happiness!

I think you went on to read my experiential thread after you posted this, so I won't reply again here.

Yeah, great vibe from our LA guy, who has a **world** of experience with a very exacting (picky) clientele.
>> Simulated hairline.

#96 WestSide

WestSide

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationLos angeles

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

@NowayJose- How often do you recommended touch ups? or do you just wait for it to fade ?

your treatment looks great!

#97 SebUK

SebUK

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I am considering a touch up after 12 months

#98 NOwayJOSE

NOwayJOSE

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Woah sorry west side. Haven't been on in a while. Thanks again. I would say 1-2 years
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#99 original Westside

original Westside

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Looks great
  • HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users