Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Aarhus.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hi everyone.

I have decided to document my journey with HIS HAIR.

I have always been consious about my black hair, styled it and loved it and tje confidence it gave me. I always had high temples but relativeky full hair. My father is bald, and when younger always thought that when i get to 30 I do not mind loosing my hair, wrong and I am 37 now!! 2 years ago i saw a hole in my hair and panicked, contacted His Hair, hair transplant doctors and panicked. When the panic settled I decided to combat my loss with medicin, propecia and regaine as well as Toppik.

Last year I began to suspect I was losing and a couple of months ago I shaved my head and saw to my great fear that I was thinning fast. Then again desperation began, and sought out hairtransplant doctors and had consultations. But I have decided against it, top much can go wrong, bad transplant, less fuller hair, doll-like hair, wasted money, scaring etc.

Had been briefly in contact with Saman some 9 months ago, and have talked about it with my supportive wife. As we saw it I had 3 options, Hairtransplant( too risky ). Going slick bald ( does not suit me, really does not, have a huge face) or HIS HAIR.. Well ruling out the first 2 options I delved deeper into SMP. Spent a month reading reviews, results, forums and has come to a conclusion. I am going forward with it, and contacted Saman again.

I sent with pics and had only a single question, no not money!! Things like these should not weighed by your wallet, but by desires for the future. The qustion was of hairline and got a professional answer from Saman about trimming.

Having scouted Samans work and heard he worked in london before, I 1 hour ago sent him a mail about a appointment.

I live in Denmark and travelling to gothenburg is pretty easy by ferry ( 3,5 hours )

Not I am waiting for his mail and the next leg of my journey.

I will upload pics as I go on..

The first pic are of my dreaded first shave, holes in my scalp, filled with blad spots :-) second shaved down to 0,5 -1 mm...

Thanks for your time

The Green Dane..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

hey man, welcome to the forum.

you look pretty good with it shaved down right now, because of how much hair you have left... but i understand if you want to get it filled in.  i think HIS will be a good match for you if you decide to do it.  thanks for sharing your story!

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#3 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

[quote name="hairhair98" post="60064" timestamp="1399408196"]hey man, welcome to the forum.

you look pretty good with it shaved down right now, because of how much hair you have left... but i understand if you want to get it filled in.  i think HIS will be a good match for you if you decide to do it.  thanks for sharing your story![/

Thanks man, much appreciated..

Yaeh getting filled in is what I am after, that and lowering the hairline in the temple area, not much not 18 anymore but would like more " fill" you know :-/ Ohh btw your journal looks awesome, hoping for your result, looks pretty good.

#4 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Well thats it.. Emailed Saman back and forth and and agreed on a couple of dates. He is quite busy and got an appointment the 27 of May. Nice chap that one, he even sent directions from the ferry as I come from Denmark.

Cannot wait, yeah to shave your head everyday will be an annoyance, but compared to becomnig bald I consider it a small cost.

Onwards toward a cap-free life!!

#5 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

Well, sorted.. Have been reading up on the many success- stories and is quite certain that I have made the right decision. I bought a ferry-ride from Denmark to gothenburg, only 349 kr including breakfast and dinner. Saman gave me instruction from the terminal to the clinic.

Have been tinkering about whether to drop the hairline or not, I have decided to drop it, fill in the temples, inspired partly by Haircules story, he has almost the same hair as I have, when he began.

Cannot wait to the 27th of May..

Have included pics of my balding scalp and Haircules, hoping for the same success.. Thank you for the inspiration.. Have quite a different headshape but is quite certain that the look he got will suit me as well, as my face is slightly elongated as his :-) I am the hidden one..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#6 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Here is his incredible result, as I am hoping to get..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#7 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Well we are approaching 14 days until treatment. I have dropped minox and Fin, they did not do much for me anyway. Have been buzzing down, cut my scalp several times first time I wet shaved. It was strange to see me with no hair at all. My wife would prefer me with hair but this is the second best, and quite frankly i am anxious to get the treatment underway (even emailed Saman to get an earlier treatment, but fully booked). Strangely enough it is quite liberating the though of having it done, I would love to get the self-confidence to go out without a hat.

Bought a Remington shaver, hoping I could get away with a close shave electrical instead of wet shave, it will come this week, cannot wait to test it,

Some have talked about almost suicidal thoughts about hairloss, I have not but still I know where they are coming from as I have my own streetwear store and see the young handsome dudes coming in every day :-/

I have been thinking about going dark, I am pretty dark-skinned with black eyebrows and black beard, but my scalp is grey ( damn you dad and your danish ancestry hehe ) It will probaly be more expensive but want the best result no matter the money right??

Well see you later..

#8 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Best of luck GD.
I didn't sleep properly running up to my treatments. It wasn't fear though, it was excitement. I literally counted down the days. I dreamt about it!
My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#9 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Robby.

Yeah feel you about the anxiety to get to work, only 14 days left but they cannot come come fast enough :-)

What a journey you had, excellent write-up, inspirering :-)

GD..

p.s To moderator: Do not know whether it is impolite to post other persons pics, if so I will of course refrain from doing so.

• Robby likes this

#10 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Cheers

BtW there's no problem posting other people's pictures from this forum just not pictures from competitors websites.
My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#11 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Cheers
BtW there's no problem posting other people's pictures from this forum just not pictures from competitors websites.

Pheew what a relief. Thanks..

GD

#12 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

8 days from the appointment.

Have canned a lot of producs today, propecia, regaine, regrowth serum, growthick, hairboosters and dermaroller. It was quite liberating, felt freeing :-) bough a remington 5, whaow a tight shave for a machine. Was like 5 minutes to remove 6 days of growth, would happily advice anyne to but it :-)

Have been toying with hairline, and have taken screen-shots of desired hairlines. Feel ready, have shown my grandparents my shaved head, they hated it but they hate my tattoos as well so nothing new there.

One thing that keeps annoying me is how grey my scalp look, I am medium skinned and dk. Browm-black haired, but with the palest grey scalp ever..

Am getting anxious/ excited and in 8 days i will get the treatment, luckily the wife supports my endevor..

#13 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Here is my products.. Bye Bye false hope!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#14 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Getting the treatment in 4 days time. Anxious as hell actually, well more excited than anxious. Have been looking into the mirror like 900 times every the past week or so. In my initial emails with Saman we discussed hairline briefl. I like the 1 mm look, but would like to get my temples filled in, which means the buzz-cut look. I have a huge face, really do, and have been going back and forth, but have finally decided to go with the buzz-cut look. That means move the hairline in from the sides 1 cm, filling in the temples and DENSITY in the top and front. I would like the hairline to be soft, definately not defined but still dense enough to frame my face with hairline.

This could of course all be changed when I meet Saman face to face, respect a man that knows what he is doing and bis opinion matters of course.

Bought a new cap, new era. It is a big baseball that does not hit the head at all, have to work the day after the appointment and would prefer to hide it until it has healed you know.. Luckily the day after is a holiday, and have 3 days of healing.

The pics are of other HIS client, which have had the things done I would like..

GD..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#15 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

My life changed 2 days ago. Went to Sweden to His-Gothenburg. Was extremely nervous, would it look natural? Would it suit me? Bet all who had the smp has gone through the same things.

Was a couple of minutes late, and Saman had just finished a consultation. The guy there and Saman asked if he could join us later, to see the procedure first hand. I said of course, if it could make him less nervous I would gladly let him see me/ Saman in action. Strangely enough he did not come back.

I mentioned I was nervous right, but talking to Saman really removed my nerves. He is very friendly and professional at the same time. In between discussing hairline, going through the countless pictures of smp's he has done, we talked of job, family, life. It really let me see the man behind the job, and it helped a lot. My worries were lifted..

Initially I wanted a lower hairline, but Saman convinced me otherwise. I wanted hair where no hair had grown before and it would be a bit unnatural, and listening to his expertise I quickly realized he was right. Less is more in my case. If I were lucky I could actually let my excisting grow out a bit :-)

I still had hair on top and back, only the front was affected. We went to work, drawing hairline and mixing colors. He mentioned I had a thick scalp, and could mean the colors could fade quite a bit, but when we began he said it actually took color really well. I learned that he has done smp's for 4 years, LA, New York, England and bragged about his smaller than average dots lol!! But he was right, his dots were very, very small. Another worry gone :-)

The session took 3 hours, pain was 2-3 on a scale to 10. When I saw the result for the first time I almost teared up, my hairline was back. He used 2 colors, a darker and a shade lighter I think, worked perfectly

After inspecting it he said i definately needed a second session to blend in the hairs perfectly with my own, and added density i guess.

Now 2 days later, the color is settling, not to bad fading. Scabbing is not itchy or anything. Of course I fear fading, but not much. I saw the result the rest is a patience problem you know..

I will upload pics, not a photographer and it really looks real, I mate saw me the day after and though I had a sunburn because of the redness, not the hairline, so very satisfying..

I cannot thank Saman enough, it will boost my confidence and love it..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#16 MrPJ

MrPJ

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWilmslow

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Great story. Looks like you are on the way to a great result.
  • Green Dane likes this

#17 HIS Sam

HIS Sam

Swedish Practitioner

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Mr Green Dane,

Thank you for your kind words and I am happy for you! I think there has been a misunderstanding as I have been working with HIS for over four years but the company and SMP was started 12 years ago by Ian and Ranbir. Looking forward to seeing you at the next treatment.
I manage the HIS Hair location in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For more information about the Gothenburg clinic, to ask a question or to book a treatment, please click here.

#18 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Mr Green Dane,
Thank you for your kind words and I am happy for you! I think there has been a misunderstanding as I have been working with HIS for over four years but the company and SMP was started 12 years ago by Ian and Ranbir. Looking forward to seeing you at the next treatment.

Ahh my mistake, english not being my native tongue Saman :-)

Yeah cannot wait for the next session either..

GD..

#19 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hello again..

Update. It has been 5 days since the treatment. Washed my head for the first time today and added lotion. Had not shaved since the treatment and was beginning to wonder if the treatment was fading too much, so shaved with a trefoil shaver, very carefully.

And suddenly it was the other way around. The treatment was so much darker than the rest of the head. Realizing it has not faded enough, when can I expect the smp matches my own head color?? Is there a timeframe for fading??

Tjeck out the pics, before and now.. Love the work though, really small dotwork. I HAVE A HAIRLINE AGAIN, but just want it to be perfect you know ;-)

Have some options ready if I do not fade enoughWhat do you guys think ?
- treat more of the head so that the smp will blend in my my scalp more easily, perhaps the entire head?, worth it if the treatment must look perfect with a shaved head.
- let the hair grow 1-2 days, my hair color is black and will add to the illusion..

Thanks

GD..

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#20 Green Dane

Green Dane

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

This is first treatment, forgot to mention :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users