mikeyboy

Please help HIS

Gutted to be sat writing this.

Had 3 full sessions in the London clinic. I'm about a Norwood 5a and was charged £3000 for my full treatment. I was assessed while wearing a hairpiece so nothing was actually visible for assessment and all of the main work was actually completed in 2 sessions (around 5 hours).

After the 2nd session, the practitioner had gone heavily into my sides. Nothing was measured (ie protractor for angles / compass etc), just eyeballed on. The overall effect was lopsided and even the basic lines were uneven from side to side. When I was taking a hat off, I was getting a few funny stares so complained to HIS. I was given the run-around and the overall service from here out was generally poor. I won't go too much into specifics but was told a variety of stories over a couple of days:

- wait 4 days to send pictures

- come into Birmingham or Manchester clinic to see someone to assess your treatment (I live in London, this is unnecessary and impractical, seriously wtf)

- the "assessor" is on holiday for 2 weeks but I'll "see what I can do"

Of course, when I offered to pay for another session, without hesitation they were more than happy to book this in.

I had a single goal in my 3rd treatment - the sides to be fairly symmetrical with one another. One side is perfect, the other did not look like a real side, just a mess of uneven lines.

The main forehead line was measured from the center of my forehead. It was significantly out from each side - so, I hadn't been going crazy. What followed was a bit of a joke and I was asked to draw on my own lines where I felt they should go. I explained I just wanted them measured so they were equal - no eyeballing.  The forehead line was changed but my main concern - the angles of the sides were barely touched. The rest of the session was spent filling in dots - or rather, filling in the time. So little needed to be done.

I've come home, used a protractor. The lines are still out and of course - it's still messy. I'm waiting on a start date for a fairly high profile job, and booked this in specifically during my down time. I'm scared I'll be sacked. 

Rambir explained that after the 3 sessions I could have as many as needed to get this looking perfect. I want the final outcome of this story to be good and a turn-around. I'm hoping that one of the more artistic team members (perhaps #### Clark) will be able to have a look at this and amend before then? The sides are so heavily filled in that I no longer have the option of growing my hair back to use with a hairpiece. I could laser but that will take out some of my original hair. As of now, I feel over-promised, and disappointed at the effect.

Please HIS, can you help?

post-293318-0-43203600-1397864624_thumb.jpgpost-293318-0-31830900-1397864628_thumb.jpgpost-293318-0-37419200-1397864632_thumb.jpgpost-293318-0-56499900-1397864636_thumb.jpgpost-293318-0-75230000-1397864640_thumb.jpgpost-293318-0-08377500-1397864644_thumb.jpgpost-293318-0-74190800-1397864646_thumb.jpg

Photos attached. I've since measured between eyebrow to bottom side, 2.5cm on my left, 3cm on my right, it's something you clock subliminally "hmm, something not right there", and it's not a rounded soft appearance on the right as it is on the left. In short, the angles are not evenly measured so it's messy side to side.  All of this could have been avoided with basic protractor/compass. That's absolutely fine if you're just drawing a line on someone with decent sides, but it can destroy an smp when the sides need to be drawn on.

For the price, it's not something I feel is acceptable. Seriously, I booked a third session 5 days after my 2nd and spent £800 for a line of measured dots under my right side which I didn't get.

I've included a recent photo from when I was wearing a weave so you can get an idea of the look I used to pull off. I can't go back to this now because the sides have been too heavily pigmented, there is little to no room for mess-ups now. When I'm looking at one side, and it's so close to looking great, that's a killer. Can this be saved?

Personally I think you are looking too hard. The only thing I noticed (and I'm looking for imperfections) is the right profile seems more pointed than the left. No one else would notice this. I don't think people expect a shaved head to be as perfect as we demand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Looking on my phone I also think it looks goood.

I can honestly tell you that despite using numerous measuring tools on my head that my smp looked uneven after 2 sessions. We discovered basically that measurements on my head weren't symmetrical so decided to even it out using our eyes to bring my side profiles closer looking.

It's difficult to see in a photo what you might be seeing in the flesh but you've paid for 3 sessions and I'm certain HIS will remedy it for you foc but using protractors on an unsymmetrical head may not bring you what you crave hence why you were asked to draw yourself what you feel is 'off'.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Thank you for posting your photos mikeyboy. I'm sorry but you are vastly overanalysing. A protractor on your head? Nothing looks off to me. Personally I would soften up those side profiles and perhaps your hairline but that's about it.

Forgive the slightly abrupt response, but if Ranbir has already said that you can have as many sessions as needed until you are satisfied, why are you using our forum to publically complain about our service levels? Hardly fair is it?

I think it looks great mate. I agree with Damien that if anything the profiles and hairline could be softened a bit. I'd be amazed if someone actually looked at you thinking "his profiles are lower on one side".

I have looked at your photos about 10 times now and cannot notice any significant difference. There may be a tiny, tiny difference in the pointyness of one of the side profiles but would I pick this up if I met you in person in ordinary circumstances? Never in a million years. I cannot believe for a second that anyone is giving you funny looks because of this. For starters, they would need to look close up at both sides of your head and inspect for details - who is going to do that?

I've recently had my second session and I still know that my hairline isn't 100% straight but in different lighting and different angles, even I honestly can't tell - it's just the perfectionist in me wanting that final 1%. It does bug me and I may get it worked on in session 3 but it would purely be a personal thing for my own peace of mind, not because I think anyone will ever notice it. Maybe you need to do this to find closure but certainly don't bother if it's because you are scared of being called-out.

Apparently, my head has a natural tilt to it, which probably makes it harder to perfectly equal up the SMP. Maybe you are the same?

As already posted I think all you need to do is soften the side profiles, i think your pictures look great.

can i ask whether you are used to shaving your head so short? as if you have been wearing a hair piece it may come as a big shock when you see yourself with a shaved head

Overall the treatment looks as sweet as a nut..

What i can spot is a difference between the right and left sides..

The right has a bowed profile whereas the left is straight..also the right profile needs softning..

Easilly rectified and not really cause for complaint ,just needs to be bought to the practitioners attention..

And nice wig..

Good luck and really thats easilly rectified im sure..

Print the photo below and take it with you..

post-161478-0-62114300-1397903843_thumb.jpg

Overall the treatment looks as sweet as a nut..

What i can spot is a difference between the right and left sides..

The right has a bowed profile whereas the left is straight..also the right profile needs softning..

Easilly rectified and not really cause for complaint ,just needs to be bought to the practitioners attention..

And nice wig..

Good luck and really thats easilly rectified im sure..

Print the photo below and take it with you..

Great catch remington I would have missed it! Treatment looks awesome and I too wore hair I am trying to get out of.

very misleading post title your treatment looks the biz buddy I think you are being hypercritical as I am the same way but Im not seeing what you see I guess hope it works out for you buddy!

Mickey I think you should edit your thread it's kinda given the practitioner bad rap re; a decent treatment, hopefully when I get my treatment done it looks half as good as yours, PS your temple points don't need to exactly match I've got strong donor hair when its shaved done it looks irregular. 

Mickey I think you should edit your thread it's kinda given the practitioner bad rap re; a decent treatment, hopefully when I get my treatment done it looks half as good as yours, PS your temple points don't need to exactly match I've got strong donor hair when its shaved done it looks irregular. 

I agree. Edited title to remove the whole horror story thing

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the comments, you've helped to talk me down from a ledge of sorts. I'm honestly pleased with the overall quality of the treatment and having spent a little more time outside today hat off, I'm generally more relaxed. Haven't had much face-to-face time yet with anyone beyond immediate family, so I guess the real test will start then, and especially when I start my new job, still mildly terrified I'll be sacked.

To address some of the questions and comments,

@Damien, Firstly, there's no need to be dismissive. I've followed a lot of your posts on here so I know you're a decent, fair guy and a balanced moderator. A protractor to measure a side angle for a permanent head tattoo? That seems a perfectly reasonable and mandatory first step, yes absolutely. I'm sure many considered Ian's idea for a series of tattoo scalp dots to mimic hair somewhat far fetched, I really don't see how a basic tool to measure how they're applied is such a stretch? Seems that some practitioners use them and some do not. For the look I discussed from consultation day one, it would have made a lot of sense and probably avoided any aggro and anxiety.

Regarding customer service levels. I'm just feeding back frankly on what I experienced when I called HIS and gave feedback after my second treatment. Unfortunately yes, I was given the run around - this can't be changed now. I had to book an early third session for what amounted to maybe 50 extra dots. To come back after my third, £800 down, without the couple of minor amendments I'd requested is not cool. Ranbir did make that promise to me in our first consultation, so if it happens and his can work with me to make this a winner, I'll be very happy. I think it is so close, but even you have agreed there is a little more work to do. My earlier interactions with the customer team left me doubtful.

@Remington Thank you for saying, and yes - you have basically noted what I was trying to explain about the uneveness of the sides. The sides can make or break an smp in person. I'll be dealing with hundreds of people a day in very close proximity, it's a big concern to me and will probably be clocked.

Thanks to @Caution, @Mswsf, @Hbk, @Jason, @ihair for encouragement. @robby, thanks man - I agree that's the basic level of service I'd expect here, will definitely update. @Thierry, thanks for your long post, smp is a rollercoaster. I think hairlines can be uneven, mine is - and I'm completely cool with that. It's just the sides which are stressing me. As a couple of other posters have noticed, there is a little more work needed to bring it up that extra 5/10%.

@IanD, @baldbull, @flippo, I lost my hair at 17 after taking roaccutane for acne, was shaving my head for a couple years in late teens/early twenties. That was a shitty time for me. Wigs - love them/hate them, gave me a fresh lease of life and literally changed my confidence, appearance and the way people treated me. I could pull off an undetectable look for years til my sides started to fade and there's only so long you can fuck around with glues / tape etc. It's not manly and nobody really respects it. The 'routine' starts to control your life, your holidays, when you can meet your friends etc. So smp is a way of taking back that control. It's early days, but if I can nail these last few bits, hope to glow about it a few months down the road.

Hang in there buddy! It truly is a roller coaster ride. I just had session 2 . The emotions run high, we all get it! I for one, will be watching you closely, because I want to see the day when you write the post about how hot you look with your new look. We all see it, as soon as you do, you will be unstoppable. Until then, we are so here for you!

Hang in there buddy! It truly is a roller coaster ride. I just had session 2 . The emotions run high, we all get it! I for one, will be watching you closely, because I want to see the day when you write the post about how hot you look with your new look. We all see it, as soon as you do, you will be unstoppable. Until then, we are so here for you!

Thanks man, and you too. I didn't mean to wade in like a total jerk in my first couple posts, it's easy to freak out in these early stages. How are you finding your treatment so far?

Emotions were running high, we all totally get it, it can be crazy. I am loving my look after session 2. It has a ways to go healing wise, but I am so not freaking out like a few of the moments I had after session one . I know this looks awesome on me, and I know that it will look flawless when it is done. So, I just keep the faith and move forward. And I am sure I will have a few more freaked out phases to deal with before it is all said and done. But I also know that is normal. So I take it all in stride.

It's not a case of being dismissive. You have an excellent looking treatment that needs a few minor adjustments (the same as everyone at your stage), and you post a thread in our own forum to tell of your 'horror story' with HIS. That is unacceptable and unfair.

It's not your use of a protractor as such. It's the fact that you clearly over analysed the situation. Real hairlines are not totally symmetrical. The real test is when you look in the mirror and either like what you see, or not. I guess the other test is whether those around you react at all. The less reaction the better, but I can guarantee the more you over analyse, the more paranoid you will be and the more your mind will tell you people are noticing when they probably aren't.

I've been through this process the same as you, and I've seen thousands more go through it too, so I do genuinely know how you feel, really I do. The whole point of this process is to release you from anxiety about your hair. I've seen it happen time and again where people trade one anxiety for another, instead obsessing about the position, size and shade of every dot. It's the fast lane to being unhappy and I don't want that for you, or for anyone else either. Please take my advice and stop analysing to the extent that you are. No one else in the world is looking at your head that closely and if you can let go a little, you'll be a far happier man I promise.

That's not to say you might not need the odd adjustment here and there. If there are areas that need tweaking to get them completely right then we will do that of course

It's not a case of being dismissive. You have an excellent looking treatment that needs a few minor adjustments (the same as everyone at your stage), and you post a thread in our own forum to tell of your 'horror story' with HIS. That is unacceptable and unfair.

It's not your use of a protractor as such. It's the fact that you clearly over analysed the situation. Real hairlines are not totally symmetrical. The real test is when you look in the mirror and either like what you see, or not. I guess the other test is whether those around you react at all. The less reaction the better, but I can guarantee the more you over analyse, the more paranoid you will be and the more your mind will tell you people are noticing when they probably aren't.

I've been through this process the same as you, and I've seen thousands more go through it too, so I do genuinely know how you feel, really I do. The whole point of this process is to release you from anxiety about your hair. I've seen it happen time and again where people trade one anxiety for another, instead obsessing about the position, size and shade of every dot. It's the fast lane to being unhappy and I don't want that for you, or for anyone else either. Please take my advice and stop analysing to the extent that you are. No one else in the world is looking at your head that closely and if you can let go a little, you'll be a far happier man I promise.

That's not to say you might not need the odd adjustment here and there. If there are areas that need tweaking to get them completely right then we will do that of course

While I appreciate that what you're saying makes a lot of sense, Damien, so far my treatment is ok. It doesn't quite pass your mirror test for me - the overall effect in person is a bit of a helmet and uneven on the parts I specifically spent a lot of money to have neatly finished - most posters, and even yourself have actually agreed with this. I've woke up 3 days in a row feeling anxious in my gut. I'm sorry dude - but it's the truth, and the customer service was lacking when I really needed it after session 2, so yes I took this to the forum. What is not really acceptable or fair is that I felt I had to do so to get anything done or taken seriously.

You have said his will make the adjustments and tweaks so I will def be making that call on Mon/Tues to book in and I guess the real test starts then. Given what we have discussed, I'm hoping not to hit a "send in photos to assessor who's on holiday for 2 weeks" wall or anything along those terms, and I am hopeful this will be a nice turn-around story.

Looks good to me as well , but as was pointed out in a previous post , if you are used to looking in a mirror and seeing yourself with hair/weave it is clearly going to be a shock seeing a complete stranger looking back at you , in my opinion id lose the beard as well but thats just I dont like beards .

It is a stressfull rollercoaster for most of us but well worth it in the end .