#1 gray shadow

gray shadow

Regular Poster

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUnited states

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Appreciate the forum.....Thanks for the input and answering questions......I got quoted at 4000 dollars......Will pass for now till you find a way to get guaranteed tiny dots.......With a wet shave the dots I would be given would be bigger then fresh wet shaved dots.....Although most people wouldn't notice it would be detectable if one looked hard enough......i hope His works with HatingHats to get this resolved.......He knows how to fix this but has experienced standoffish type tactics from His......Once it's figured out and I can get TINY dots I will get the procedure. .....I will check back to see if you fix this.....Thanks......
  • Haircules and Hair2015 like this

#2 Staycalm321

Staycalm321

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

I think you've made a good decision with it is you're trying to achieve. 

To be honest i wanted exactly what you seem to want (a shaven look...no obvious hairline....just a shadow to make it seem as if something is actually there). I don't think it's possible to be honest and although i can somewhat get away with it being that i have a darkish skin complexion, i don't think it will work for you the way you want it.

• gray shadow likes this

#3 thelastfollicle

thelastfollicle

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Gray shadow, have you seen it in person?

Sal

Had my SMP transformation in NYC with Matt Iulo: May-June 2014

My life has been transformed and I'm here to help SMP newbies with questions about the treatment.

Thanks Matt & the HIS TEAM!

#4 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Appreciate the forum.....Thanks for the input and answering questions......I got quoted at 4000 dollars......Will pass for now till you find a way to get guaranteed tiny dots.......With a wet shave the dots I would be given would be bigger then fresh wet shaved dots.....Although most people wouldn't notice it would be detectable if one looked hard enough......i hope His works with HatingHats to get this resolved.......He knows how to fix this but has experienced standoffish type tactics from His......Once it's figured out and I can get TINY dots I will get the procedure. .....I will check back to see if you fix this.....Thanks......

I understand your comments, but we have treated well over 10,000 clients now. I believe you're over-analysing and over-thinking this. In my lifetime I have never had anyone examine my head as closely as you obviously fear they will. This treatment is 99% undetectable. If the extra 1% is a real issue for you, then SMP is probably not a solution you'd ultimately be happy with.

Conversations between HIS and HatingHats are private, so I'm not able to discuss them here.

Completely respect your decision. Its your life, your head and your choice :)

• gray shadow likes this
Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#5 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

Repeat. I've seen the treatment two-fingers away, knowing where the real and the dots started and I was unable to distinguish... I gave you a link too.

Of course is your decision.
Yes, shaved heads look bald under harsh lights!

#6 Tosspot

Tosspot

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • LocationWest-Yorkshire

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

It doesn't need fixing. It's just not the procedure for you.

#7 Staycalm321

Staycalm321

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

I think you guys are king of missing his point to be honest.

There are the select few out there that actually don't mind being bald but would prefer that nice bit of shadow on their head just so it's evenly matched all over. The sole purpose isn't to make it seem as if you have hair but to make things 'equal up' if you will. He's made it clear that he wants to wet shave and simply wants everything to look the same which will be extremely difficult. 

• gray shadow likes this

#8 thelastfollicle

thelastfollicle

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Stay calm, ive seen treatment on 3 guys who wet shave...including Ian the founder. Thats what its meant for. He should see it in person.

Sal

Had my SMP transformation in NYC with Matt Iulo: May-June 2014

My life has been transformed and I'm here to help SMP newbies with questions about the treatment.

Thanks Matt & the HIS TEAM!

#9 HatingHats

HatingHats

Engineer and Questioning Skeptic

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

I had hoped to conclude that Fox Hunting Club Membership I was promised upon reaching VIP status, but other than that, HIS is doing most things correct by my book.  As I have said before, even if HIS gave you a full series of treatments and each dot was only 50 Um across in diameter, the astute observer would only see this as a field of gray.  In effect, this would be the painted head look that overall would not be realistic.

I do believe treatments by HIS can be improved upon, but right now, I think their methodology makes 98% or more of clients happy 98% or more of the time. And, in any treatment dealing with the general paying public, that is pretty damn high.  The ultimate and more important yardstick with regards to HIS' business model will be how much they charge for touch-ups as the years pass.  With more and more competitors entering the field every year, eventually someone else will do it as well as HIS, and so to maintain client base, the critical factors will treatment quality and touch-up pricing.  But everyone who reads here regularly already knows I have mentioned these topics before (including Ian, Ranbir and Damien).

Family guy, Electrical Engineer, HIS SMPer and Dwemer Tonal Architect

SMP treatments finished on July 12th, 2013

Went from Norwood 4.5 to a realistic Norwood 1 - Pretty happy with my results!

Religions are based on faith, and Science takes nothing on faith and tests everything.  I prefer Science, It just works bitches!

#10 honda

honda

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

The only way to tell if these dots are small enough for you is to get a patch test. Until then looking at photos, other peoples heads, opinions etc will not make you think other wise and you'll still be left with the opinion of the dots are too big. What's a patch test? £80? Just do it, then you will no for sure.
  • gray shadow likes this

#11 HatingHats

HatingHats

Engineer and Questioning Skeptic

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

It is evidently a busy morning here at the forums, LOL.  As to whether it is possible to construct a SMP practitioner robot that completes a treatment without human practitioner help, I have already written posts on this before.  If you have ever seen (let's just take one company for example) Honda micro-robots at work, then you know the answer is yes.  It is possible but with important considerations, which are many.  A few among them might be, Do Ian and Ranbir have the roughly $250,000 to invest in one for one of their showplace clinics?  If you are a Norwood VI and received 13,500 dots that would normally take four hours to complete in twelve minutes, would the client be able to bear the pain and would it induce shock.  And on, and on.  Yes, a robotic SMP pracitioner is possible but the devil is in the details.

• samwaxell likes this

Family guy, Electrical Engineer, HIS SMPer and Dwemer Tonal Architect

SMP treatments finished on July 12th, 2013

Went from Norwood 4.5 to a realistic Norwood 1 - Pretty happy with my results!

Religions are based on faith, and Science takes nothing on faith and tests everything.  I prefer Science, It just works bitches!

#12 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

I finally found the picture I was looking for.

One week after third session, all the fading to happen, not shaved for 2 days... enjoy.

image1_zpsd41aa997.png

#13 jowells

jowells

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Why even start this topic? If your not going to get it done why even waste the time to say it's not worth It. ..move on

#14 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Why even start this topic? If your not going to get it done why even waste the time to say it's not worth It. ..move on

It might not be positive feedback, but its still constructive at least. The poster has looked at the opportunity available, and decided that its not for him right now. Although many (including myself) might not agree with his analysis, we have to respect his decision either way.

Its sparked a debate, which is no bad thing :)

• NoHerrDontKerr and gray shadow like this
Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#15 Staycalm321

Staycalm321

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Stay calm, ive seen treatment on 3 guys who wet shave...including Ian the founder. Thats what its meant for. He should see it in person.

To be honest i haven't. The closest i've seen to a 'wet shave' look is that Daniel Johnson guy and even that isn't really a 'wet shaved look'.

#16 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

I imagine touch up pricing will always roughly be same or cheaper to compete with other companies. I hope lol.

#17 NoHerrDontKerr

NoHerrDontKerr

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

I'm just gonna come out and say this and everyone that doesn't like it... oh well. It is not undetectable. I have seen it in the flesh. The reason I can see it though is because my vision is way above average. Granted, I have to be about 10 inches away to really see it, but I can see it. The dots are too big. I can see the difference in size. For Hating Hats to say it will look like a field of grey with 50um dots is only half true. From a distance, yes. But so does a shaved head with no balding. If i can see individual follicles, why could I not see a dot of the same size? Why can I distinguish the follicles from dots? Now from 2 feet away, yes, it's undetectable. You just gotta have really good vision to see the differences. I think the current dot size was not meant to blend with a wet shave. Maybe 1-2 days growth or if you do a proper fade and completely cover whats on top. That's the only way this 'works' in my opinion. 

• gray shadow likes this

#18 SebDerm

SebDerm

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Totally disagree with the above comment. This treatment is most definitely designed to be used for wet shaving and works incredibly well. I started out wanting to grow my hair a bit as I'm a nw3/4. I can sort of get away with it but it's so much better wet shaved. I'm not sure what examples you've seen though to be fair.

1st Treatment: 31st Oct 2012.
2nd Treatment: 7th Nov 2012.

3rd Treatment: 5th Jan 2013.
4th Treatment: 28th Feb 2013
5th Treatment: 5th June 2013.
6th Treatment: 30th October 2013.

#19 Tosspot

Tosspot

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • LocationWest-Yorkshire

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'm just gonna come out and say this and everyone that doesn't like it... oh well. It is not undetectable. I have seen it in the flesh. The reason I can see it though is because my vision is way above average. Granted, I have to be about 10 inches away to really see it, but I can see it. The dots are too big. I can see the difference in size. For Hating Hats to say it will look like a field of grey with 50um dots is only half true. From a distance, yes. But so does a shaved head with no balding. If i can see individual follicles, why could I not see a dot of the same size? Why can I distinguish the follicles from dots? Now from 2 feet away, yes, it's undetectable. You just gotta have really good vision to see the differences. I think the current dot size was not meant to blend with a wet shave. Maybe 1-2 days growth or if you do a proper fade and completely cover whats on top. That's the only way this 'works' in my opinion. 

Whos treatment have you seen? Spanish86?

• Robby likes this

#20 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

HERR, It depends on what treatment have you seen. There are better and worst treatments... how many have you seen? What do you think about the picture above?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users