#1 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

POPULAR

Some of you may or may not know im a personal trainer and training is something I have a passion for many years. Gaining a great physique, healthy body with a clear mind is something many of us strive for in our lives, hair loss can have a detrimental effect on many men physically and psychologically but now we have HIS to fill that void. 

Having our hair loss sorted is great but why stop there lets better our bodies also and reach our fitness goals whether its getting that six pac, getting strong, muscles size, cardio, dropping body fat, running a marathon, or gaining a black belt in martial arts.

Anyways I wanted to start a thread were we can all share information about training, nutrition, review supplements, equipment, tips, and advice as I know a lot of you guys train and a lot of you may not.

I know this isn't bodybuilding.com but I feel like this is a respectful community built here and combining the two seems a good idea.

Im thinking of starting a YouTube channel also next year were i can share my experience and also you'll get to see my smp :), im also thinking of starting a instant protein shake company using raw ingredients as I feel a lot of instant protein bottles are too processed and expensive any business advice would great if anybody is entrepreneurial or business savvy and I know this is a tough market to crack into, maybe I should go on the dragons den to get the funds lol

So what are your goals for 2014?

• David1963, Robby and jason27 like this
Follow my progress Haircules mht journey- (A Quest for for the golden hairline) starring me

Had forth and hopfully final treatment at his clinic on 26/03/2012
Very happy guy :)

#2 HatingHats

HatingHats

Engineer and Questioning Skeptic

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

My goal for 2014 is to keep losing weight off my fat ass :)

Currently, 5'11" and weighing 187, with eventual goal of weighing 168 lbs.

My training schedule is running 4-5 miles around campus three times a week with strength training beginning in Jan twice a week.

While I dont consider the bench prench to be THE measure of strength, I would like to up mine from a currently weak 160 (what can I say, academics are patsies) to 230 lbs by next summer.

My diet is nothing special but I do try to avoid McD's, Burger King, KFC, etc.... The only place I usually indulge myself is at Subway.

I take no special powders or supplements.

Family guy, Electrical Engineer, HIS SMPer and Dwemer Tonal Architect

SMP treatments finished on July 12th, 2013

Went from Norwood 4.5 to a realistic Norwood 1 - Pretty happy with my results!

Religions are based on faith, and Science takes nothing on faith and tests everything.  I prefer Science, It just works bitches!

#3 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Good stuff hating hats, so whays your current body fat%?
So ideally you want to lose the lbs whilst having lean muscle and being strong.
Do you deadlift or squat?
How often do you eat?

Personally i feel u need to strength train at least 3 times per week to advance and make progress especially if you want to bench 230lbs.

A good split would be

Chest/tri's
Back/bi's
Legs/shoulders

Or push pull split

Chest/back
Shoulders/bi's/tri's
Legs
Follow my progress Haircules mht journey- (A Quest for for the golden hairline) starring me

#4 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I hope be competing again in March/April. :)

Hieght: 183 cm (6')

Weight: 98 kg off season (216 lb), 94 kg on (207 lb)

% BF: 9-10% on season, 12-13% off.

Yes, shaved heads look bald under harsh lights!

#5 scarssuck

scarssuck

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I have a long way to go but I have lost 37 lbs this year but still want to lose another 35 to 40.  I was working out daily on a treadmill, situps and boflex (not regularly on the bowfex).  I count calories and have cut out most of the stuff that's not good for me like pizza, sweeets and fast food.  Now that I have had my fist session I am unable to work out so I'm kinda bummed.  Looking forward to getting back on a regular exercise schedule once my smp is complete.  I think your ideas are great Haircules.  Anytime you can help others improve their quality of life its a positive thing.  Wish you the best on your ventures.

• Robby likes this

#6 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I hope be competing again in March/April. :)

Hieght: 183 cm (6')
Weight: 98 kg off season (216 lb), 94 kg on (207 lb)
% BF: 9-10% on season, 12-13% off.

Wow that sounds impressive sounds like your very experienced with them stats, you must be a tank!
Id love to do a show but i need to work on my abs and calfs they let me down the most.
  • Hairkiller likes this

#7 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

I have a long way to go but I have lost 37 lbs this year but still want to lose another 35 to 40. I was working out daily on a treadmill, situps and boflex (not regularly on the bowfex). I count calories and have cut out most of the stuff that's not good for me like pizza, sweeets and fast food. Now that I have had my fist session I am unable to work out so I'm kinda bummed. Looking forward to getting back on a regular exercise schedule once my smp is complete. I think your ideas are great Haircules. Anytime you can help others improve their quality of life its a positive thing. Wish you the best on your ventures.

Awesome buddy your doing well, i would recommend mike dolce's book for you for great recipes, meals and he has a awesome treadmill workout, he helps regular people get shredded quickly and ufc athletes cut weight healthily for fights

#8 cakelover

cakelover

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

I actually can't recommend the book "convict conditioning" enough for toning, building muscle and amazing strength all through the art of body weight exercises!!

I have been doing this for 3 months now and have seem some really good results and even better have had no training injuries whatsoever and feel stronger than I ever have been!!

Even if body weight training isn't you thing it's still a fascinating read even for the pro's out there!!
  • Robby likes this

#9 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I actually can't recommend the book "convict conditioning" enough for toning, building muscle and amazing strength all through the art of body weight exercises!!
I have been doing this for 3 months now and have seem some really good results and even better have had no training injuries whatsoever and feel stronger than I ever have been!!
Even if body weight training isn't you thing it's still a fascinating read even for the pro's out there!!

Ive heard of that book might have to take a peak, bodyweight exercise are tremendous especially for building great stability and core.

#10 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

My specs:
5ft 11"
Weight:210/15st
Bodyfat%:12%

My goals:

Weight:220/15st 7lbs
Bodyfat%:8-10%
  • Jgul likes this

#11 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Wow that sounds impressive sounds like your very experienced with them stats, you must be a tank!
Id love to do a show but i need to work on my abs and calfs they let me down the most.

Thanks dude. :-)

The other side is eating the f*ckin* whole year (but the summer) rice and chicken. Chicken and rice. lol

My mates call me "the chinese". No kidding.

#12 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

I have a long way to go but I have lost 37 lbs this year but still want to lose another 35 to 40. I was working out daily on a treadmill, situps and boflex (not regularly on the bowfex). I count calories and have cut out most of the stuff that's not good for me like pizza, sweeets and fast food. Now that I have had my fist session I am unable to work out so I'm kinda bummed. Looking forward to getting back on a regular exercise schedule once my smp is complete. I think your ideas are great Haircules. Anytime you can help others improve their quality of life its a positive thing. Wish you the best on your ventures.

Wow. Awesome change dude! Would recommend you to lift some weights as well. It will help loosing a little bit more of weight and adding "shape" to your body.

May be useful.

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/

http://www.myprotein.com/home.dept

#13 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Wow. Awesome change dude! Would recommend you to lift some weights as well. It will help loosing a little bit more of weight and adding "shape" to your body.

May be useful.
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/
http://www.myprotein.com/home.dept

Yeh i agree 100% full body workouts burn calories alot faster and also youll get the benefit of toning

#14 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Sorry for the re-post, can't edit.

http://www.rippedrecipes.com/

http://www.bodybuild...hp?page=recipes

#15 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

A great idea for a thread. I'll sticky this for a while to make sure everyone sees it :)

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#16 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

Sorry for the re-post, can't edit.

http://www.rippedrecipes.com/

http://www.bodybuild...hp?page=recipes

Il check them out thanks

#17 DallasYogi

DallasYogi

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

First off, thanks for starting this thread Haircules.  My fitness program is quite different than most men that I know but it works for me, so I'm happy with it.  I completed Tony Horton's 13 week P90X program back in 2012.  I was very pleased with the results.  One of the most surprising discoveries though was how much I enjoyed the yoga video in the DVD series.  When I graduated from the program, I joined a yoga studio and that's been my fitness activity of choice for over a year now.  I practice mostly power yoga and hot yoga, which are two of the more intense styles of popular yoga here in the states.  I'm on my mat about 4 - 5 times a week these days. 

I expressed concerns in my first diary entry about the amount of sweating that I do in hot yoga.  In hot yoga, you practice in a studio that's been heated to around 100 degrees.  I sweat profusely in those hour and half sessions.  I'm hoping after my SMP cures that I'll be able to resume that style of yoga at some point but I do have some concerns about premature fading.  I'd be interested in knowing if there is anyone in this forum that's sweats heavily during their workouts and if they think the sweating has affected their SMP in any way. 

My first two sessions are scheduled in February in Houston so I have some time to work through this before I get into the chair for my procedures.  It's probably at the top of my list of concerns right now since I had worked through most of my other concerns by reading the enormous amount of information in this forum.  Any advice that anyone can give on this topic would be really appreciated.

Here are my stats, which some lifters might find as a joke, but here goes ;).  I'm 5.5 ft tall and 120 lbs.  I can lift my own weight in certain poses, my upper body strength is sufficient to do some pretty impressive arm balances, and my flexibility and balance postures continue to surprise me sometimes.  I know, I know like I said, not your typical gym stats but just thought I'd share mine for grins.

DallasYogi

#18 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

First off, thanks for starting this thread Haircules. My fitness program is quite different than most men that I know but it works for me, so I'm happy with it. I completed Tony Horton's 13 week P90X program back in 2012. I was very pleased with the results. One of the most surprising discoveries though was how much I enjoyed the yoga video in the DVD series. When I graduated from the program, I joined a yoga studio and that's been my fitness activity of choice for over a year now. I practice mostly power yoga and hot yoga, which are two of the more intense styles of popular yoga here in the states. I'm on my mat about 4 - 5 times a week these days.

I expressed concerns in my first diary entry about the amount of sweating that I do in hot yoga. In hot yoga, you practice in a studio that's been heated to around 100 degrees. I sweat profusely in those hour and half sessions. I'm hoping after my SMP cures that I'll be able to resume that style of yoga at some point but I do have some concerns about premature fading. I'd be interested in knowing if there is anyone in this forum that's sweats heavily during their workouts and if they think the sweating has affected their SMP in any way.

My first two sessions are scheduled in February in Houston so I have some time to work through this before I get into the chair for my procedures. It's probably at the top of my list of concerns right now since I had worked through most of my other concerns by reading the enormous amount of information in this forum. Any advice that anyone can give on this topic would be really appreciated.

Here are my stats, which some lifters might find as a joke, but here goes ;). I'm 5.5 ft tall and 120 lbs. I can lift my own weight in certain poses, my upper body strength is sufficient to do some pretty impressive arm balances, and my flexibility and balance postures continue to surprise me sometimes. I know, I know like I said, not your typical gym stats but just thought I'd share mine for grins.

DallasYogi

Awesome dallas, i want to do yoga and put the whole "im too masculin to do it" mentality behind me, i wana gain more mobility and flexibilty also clear mind etc might have to try it next year!

#19 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Are you achieving muscle tone through your yoga dallas?

#20 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

A great idea for a thread. I'll sticky this for a while to make sure everyone sees it :)

internet-high-five.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users