#41 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

There's a forum member called Tesla who I recall using Mac products to camouflage his scars.

My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#42 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Yeah well remembered Robby, I remember reading his diary. If I remember correctly it was coimbining a couple of products and tricky to apply. I've got my mrs to sort me out today with some stuff just in case.

I'll try to refrain from using it as long as possible though. When I was out earlier no one seemed to be looking but I was a bit paranoid standing in till queues at the shops! Hard to tell if anyone spots anything anyway seeing as it's the back of your head. It's just frustrating as it feels like 1 step forwards 2 steps back with the fading. For about 3 days post session 2 it was completely invisible.

Shaved down with a braun 720s foil shaver tonight and it definitely blends best at this length. Will be trying a wet shave in a while once I'm past the minimum healing time before I can do it.
  • Robby likes this

#43 derek9

derek9

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

There's a forum member called Tesla who I recall using Mac products to camouflage his scars.

the mac product, was used i think to help with the shine on his scars…which is one problem

for camouflage its got to be an eye liner pencil, to mimic what the SMP is trying to do, its not perfect but it 

better than not using anything, you become a bit of an expert after a while

#44 Thierry77

Thierry77

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yeah well remembered Robby, I remember reading his diary. If I remember correctly it was coimbining a couple of products and tricky to apply. I've got my mrs to sort me out today with some stuff just in case.

I'll try to refrain from using it as long as possible though. When I was out earlier no one seemed to be looking but I was a bit paranoid standing in till queues at the shops! Hard to tell if anyone spots anything anyway seeing as it's the back of your head. It's just frustrating as it feels like 1 step forwards 2 steps back with the fading. For about 3 days post session 2 it was completely invisible.

Shaved down with a braun 720s foil shaver tonight and it definitely blends best at this length. Will be trying a wet shave in a while once I'm past the minimum healing time before I can do it.

I know how you feel. There's very little way of knowing if anyone can see because let's face it, no one is going to say anything even if it stands out like a beacon (unless the person knows you already or they are drunk!). It's so hard to get it camouflaged in all lighting but as Derek says, eyeliner is the way to go and a matte product seems to help too. My scar shines like tin-foil if you catch it at a certain angle in bright lighting but Boots matte lotion helps somewhat.

Session 1  11/04/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 2  16/04/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 3  12/06/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 4  18/11/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 5  10/03/2015   Anya, Birmingham

#45 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'm noticing the same thing with the shiny scars Thierry. Although mine are FUE, it still stands out like a shiny strip of skin since the white dots are compactly grouped together. I've been using loreal pure matte moisturiser. I also find keeping the surrounding hair as short as possible also helps as the surrounding scalp blends better.

Will need to try the Boots one as well as the loreal is expensive considering how small the tube is.

#46 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I really don't rate the boots product but it's worth a shot at the cost.
I was going to suggest another product until you mentioned that you thought the L'oreal was expensive (that's crap too lol).

#47 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

For moisturiser it seems a bit expensive to me but it's not something I've ever really had to think about before. Don't mind paying it though seeing as I'll save a fortune on haircuts now!

If it's that Peter Thomas Roth stuff everyone bangs on about in the anti shine thread, I've already got some on order. Had to trawl back through about 8 pages to find out what PTR stood for!
  • Robby likes this

#48 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

I really can't see how eyeliner can work to help conceal your scar when your hair is shaved down, yes when your hair is longer it works well, but in my experience, the shorter the hair around the scar area, the tougher, if not impossible it is to conceal.

I've had 3 MHT sessions on my scar area only and the one thing that helps the appearance of my scar is as previously mentioned in this post, is the MAC product called "MAC matte creme matifiante" it's a anti shine product and I've tried other anti shine products and they were all useless, this product is fantastic as it completely dulls the scar area of any shine and my scar looks much better overall when I apply this.

#49 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'm now 13 days after 2nd session and still finding my scalp is very dry and flaky. I think this is probably due to not properly exfoliating in the shower yet and still only washing gently.

I know the aftercare guidelines say that you can have a normal shower after 10 days, I assume this means I can also give my head a good scrub by now as well then?

#50 Ronald

Ronald

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationcrewe

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Ye that's what ive heard, #### just told me dont go mental with the scrubbing, which seemed understandable

#51 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

Couple of pics 2&1/2 weeks after 2nd session. Still holding up quite well, just lighter but that's to be expected. Bear in mind my hair needs cut in these pics.

Got my 3rd booked as my FUE scarring needs a bit more work and my crown could do with a bit more density.

Overall fairly happy with it at the moment. Would be over the moon if it wasn't for the worry of someone noticing the FUE's. As it stands I'm having to dot the back of my head with eyeliner to cover up the areas where it needs more work. Also doing my best to avoid people standing behind me!

Had a couple of people saying they didn't like my haircut mind you, although one of them was a bald guy saying it annoys him when guys with hair have a skinhead. Suppose that's positive feedback!

image.jpg image.jpg

#52 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Looks brilliant mate holding well.
  • HBK likes this

#53 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

I second that. Looks flawless to me.
  • HBK likes this

#54 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Contacted HIS for a copy of my treatment photos so here's a few of the FUE scarring to get an idea of what it was like before

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here is a photo taken tonight after shaving with a braun series 7 face shaver. The FUE scarring is still slightly visible so I've used a bit of eyeliner to try to conceal it. Apologies photo is not the best. I took it myself with my phone.

image.jpg

Session 3 next week. I think this 1 will hopefully nail the scarring. Other than that I don't think I need much else done. A little bit more density at the crown and a little touch up in a couple of patches of fading should do it.

#55 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Here's a couple more just to show the rest of the treatment at face shaver length. This definitely blends best and I think I'll keep it like this from now on.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#56 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Looks really really good and well disguised from how it appears on my phone HBK.
  • HBK and iHAIR like this

#57 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Thanks Robby. Here's a couple more that are a bit clearer. You can definitely see the white dots but I'm confident this can be sorted next session.

• Flippo likes this

#58 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Some pre head shave pics. Didn't realise the crown was so bad as I avoided looking at it with a mirror for year. Turns out I've been going about looking like a monk!

• NOwayJOSE likes this

#59 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:24 AM

I can't see your face but I imagine that this procedure has taken a few years off you buddy.
Even the detailed pics I still think you have brilliant camouflage do far and the average lay person would never realise what that was even if they could see it. You're a lucky chap.
  • HBK likes this

#60 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Yeah Robby, I think (and really hope) you're right. I've been out and about with my head at work and in public the last 2 and a half weeks and no one has said anything about the FUE's. I can only hope that means they haven't noticed either.

I have had a couple of comments that got me paranoid that I'd been found out about SMP in general though but again it's probably just me over analysing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users