• Thierry77 likes this

#22 iHAIR

iHAIR

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

You have what most of us can only dream of...:) Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  • HBK likes this

#23 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Cheers man. For now anyway.

Been losing it for nearly 10 years now and been on propecia for last 4 years with decent results. Stopped it recently so what's left might all dissapear in the next few months as well!

#24 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Just shaved down with wahl balding clippers to get it a bit shorter. Looks good but the FUE scarring was visible so I thought I'd try to reduce the contrast between the scars and surrounding area.

I tried using a foil shaver on the scar area but it turned out that some of the pigments on the scars are too dark and they stood out even more. Just left it as a test patch for now.

I know it's a bit early and still settling so I'll need to give it time. My only concern is that I know I will have to use a face shaver in a couple of years once I lose more hair and can't get away with the contrast between 2d and 3d smp / hair follicles.

Hopefully when I shave down with the face shaver the pigments won't be too dark in contrast with my real hair and stand out? Is it possible to get the pigments to match both hair stubble and smooth shaved without being detected?

#25 iHAIR

iHAIR

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

Simultaneously? I'm no expert but seems improbable. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

#26 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

Simultaneously? I'm no expert but seems improbable. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It is doable, but you'll need to wait a while. The dots in your scar tissue are likely to fade further, so its best assessed when theyre at their final shade.

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#27 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Cheers for the info Damien. Certainly not going to start panicking yet. Could be a lot worse and have faded completely. All in all it's looking brilliant for the 1st session.

As far as pigment shades go this is what I had always thought...

I thought the pigment was selected primarily based on your hair colour rather than hair length. Obviously there is little difference in the appearance of a wet shaved scalp and a foil / rotary shavered scalp. In the case where people went for a longer hair length the pigment would still be the same. The treatment would still work as the smp would simply add extra density in this case but if shaved down would be the same as a properly shaved scalp.

Is that kind of right or completely wrong?

#28 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

Here's a couple of pics less than 24 hours post 2nd session taken in natural light in front of a window.

I'll take some pics of the FUE scars later.

Damien, just a quick query. When I was in getting my treatment Daz took pics before an after each session to follow progress. The lads at Manchester were quite busy yesterday with appointments and sorting paperwork so I didn't want to hassle them to ask for a copy of the photos at the time as it would have meant that following appointments would be delayed if I did. What I was wondering is, are they sent in to head office to go on file somewhere? If so would I be able to get a copy if I emailed HIS at the usual address? Just would be good to get some before pics of the FUE area to show Daz's work on the forum.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#29 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Just a quick query for the veterans.

I'm on day 4 tomorrow after 2nd session so my hair is currently needing cut badly. As it is just now the SMP is a bit more noticeable due to the contrast with my hair. The thing is that the dots seem to have taken on a greyish tone and look a bit smudgey. They grey shade doesn't match my hair in the close up pic but seems fine when about 1ft away. I'm sure it will be fine once I shave tomorrow. I know it is early and there's a lot of settling to do . Just wondering if this is normal?

image.jpg

#30 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

So soon after a session a blueish tinge is commonly put down to minor bruising. I shouldn't worry yourself.
Sometimes naturally shaved heads can also give a blue or greeny tinge to them anyway.
My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#31 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Cheers Robby. That sounds most likely what it is.

Just good to get a second opinion!

#32 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Just washed and shaved down with balding clippers. Here's a couple of photos of the back. One indoors, one outside in the garden on a bright sunny morning. The strip where the FUE scars were is looking great. Almost invisible so hopefully the pigment holds. When I say almost invisible - it probably is invisible to anyone else, just that I know where they were so I obviously scrutinise it really closely.

Looking at the pics I don't think I can get away with that length as the thin crown is still visible. I think I'll drop it down to a face shaver in a few days once it is fully healed to avoid pulling off any scabs.

image.jpg image.jpg

#33 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

That looks really good from the rear mate. Not many can pull off that hair length but certainly from the rear it looks good in these photos.

• HBK likes this
My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#34 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

Well after a bit of sever scalp peeling my SMP has faded quite a bit. It's looking good on top still so not overly concerned.

My only issue is that the FUE scar area is now starting to show again. If the pigment holds where it is just now I'll get away with it until session 3.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a decent product to conceal FUE dots on a shaved head just in case it need it if I get any more fading? Had a quick try with my mrs eyeliner which seems to work ok but there must be something better out there?

#35 Thierry77

Thierry77

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

I used eyeliner for years to conceal my scar, I'd be amazed if there is anything better out there and to be honest, you shouldn't really need anything else as it does a good job. It's just a  pain to apply to the back of the head.

Glad to hear the scalp is back on track!

• HBK likes this

Session 1  11/04/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 2  16/04/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 3  12/06/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 4  18/11/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 5  10/03/2015   Anya, Birmingham

#36 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Cheers Thierry. I though something like that would be the best option.

Out of interest, did it work well?

#37 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

Weirdly I've woken up this morning and the FUE scars look better again. Still slightly visible in places but a good bit better than yesterday.

Not sure what is going on with my head!

#38 Thierry77

Thierry77

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Cheers Thierry. I though something like that would be the best option.

Out of interest, did it work well?

Hard to say because I couldn't see my own head when I was out in public. Certainly, before I checked in my mirrors at home, it was almost undetectable in certain lighting. I only went out without a hat at night, around bars, so I think it was OK for then. But I don't think it worked in daylight, as every time I checked in a mirror during the day, it would often look worse than without eyeliner.

#39 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Just been messing about with eye liner there Thierry. It's hard to get it right, instead of white scarring marks I seem to end up with a dark area that stands out instead. Well at least i can use it as an emergency back up if I need it!

Seems I was wrong this morning, maybe just the lighting fooled me into thinking the fue's were looking better. It's still visible as it was yesterday after all.

The hairline seems to have really faded to the point where it doesn't blend with my surrounding hair since it is so light now. Going to give it a good shave down with a face shaver tonight to see if I can get it to match. The dots seem to be looking bigger as well which is strange. Kind of looks like they are blending together rather than how they looked more individual before. I assume once the initial first week fading has passed, any further fading is a lot more gradual? At least I hope it is!

Back to work for the first time in a few days as well so starting to shit myself!

#40 Thierry77

Thierry77

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, it's tough to get it blended perfectly, you need to smudge it so it turns grey and you need to be very closely shaved. It probably works better on darker skin like mine, where the contrast is less but I did see a thread on here where a light skinned guy had it nicely camouflaged with eyeliner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users