HBK

Booked at Last - Can't Wait! FUE Mess to Get Sorted

Alright pal,

Yeah I got called out a couple of times now unfortunately. I'm early 30's. The pics don't show up in the quoted post but going by the date I'm pretty sure I'd only had 2 sessions then. I'd had 4 by the time I got called out.

Fair enough bro. I won't overdo it, no matter how tempting :-)

I hope all the best for you man, I really do! You'll get back to the look you want.

This is an amazing thread, and no offence intended to HBK but i think this is the thread which really highlights to everyone intending of getting SMP not to overdoo it. After your second session i think it looked absolutely brilliant and very natural but you went darker and darker which is when it started to look worse and worse.

On 4/11/2014 at 10:26 AM, HBK said:

Here's a photo of the top the day after with the redness settling down.

Not sure I'll be able to pull off a zero. Might give my foil shaver a go once I'm past the 4days of no shaving

On 4/16/2014 at 8:06 AM, HBK said:

Here's a couple of pics less than 24 hours post 2nd session taken in natural light in front of a window.

I'll take some pics of the FUE scars later.

Damien, just a quick query. When I was in getting my treatment Daz took pics before an after each session to follow progress. The lads at Manchester were quite busy yesterday with appointments and sorting paperwork so I didn't want to hassle them to ask for a copy of the photos at the time as it would have meant that following appointments would be delayed if I did. What I was wondering is, are they sent in to head office to go on file somewhere? If so would I be able to get a copy if I emailed HIS at the usual address? Just would be good to get some before pics of the FUE area to show Daz's work on the forum.

On 5/2/2014 at 7:09 AM, HBK said:

Couple of pics 2&1/2 weeks after 2nd session. Still holding up quite well, just lighter but that's to be expected. Bear in mind my hair needs cut in these pics.

Got my 3rd booked as my FUE scarring needs a bit more work and my crown could do with a bit more density.

Overall fairly happy with it at the moment. Would be over the moon if it wasn't for the worry of someone noticing the FUE's. As it stands I'm having to dot the back of my head with eyeliner to cover up the areas where it needs more work. Also doing my best to avoid people standing behind me!

Had a couple of people saying they didn't like my haircut mind you, although one of them was a bald guy saying it annoys him when guys with hair have a skinhead. Suppose that's positive feedback!

On 5/8/2014 at 7:17 PM, HBK said:

Here's a couple more just to show the rest of the treatment at face shaver length. This definitely blends best and I think I'll keep it like this from now on.

On 5/11/2014 at 7:04 PM, HBK said:

Here's a few with a fresh wet shave outside in natural light.

Got some concealer on the FUEs but you can still see them if you look for them.

1 month after 2 sessions I think this is absolutely the best I could have hoped for before treatment so I'm well chuffed!

On 5/14/2014 at 7:02 AM, HBK said:

Pics as promised. Straight after 3rd session...

On 5/26/2014 at 7:31 PM, HBK said:

Just wet shaved (with the grain) and took some pics. I think I need 1 more session by looking at them. There's still a lot of settling to be done as I'm only 2 weeks post 3rd but there's areas where I can already see need a little bit more work.

The crown looks like it needs more density when compared with the front. I also think there are a couple of small white areas showing through the scar that could do with a tiny bit more just to get it perfect. It's slightly more visible in real life than it is in pics but definitely very hard for anyone else to detect and a great job so far. Also might need a little bit more blending with my hair at the temples I think.

Any opinions / advice would be much appreciated!

I've sent an email to HIS to enquire about a 4th session over the weekend but not heard back yet, although they are probably closed for the bank holiday. I assume they need to see photos to justify extra sessions outside of what they quoted or do they just take your word for it?

On 6/2/2014 at 7:23 PM, HBK said:

Got some professional photos of my daughter done in the park last week. Here's one with me in it as well, gives you an idea how it looks outdoors. Had to crop and edit the photo a bit so apologies if the quality isn't great

On 6/12/2014 at 11:22 PM, HBK said:

That's me 1 month post 3rd session. Overall it's looking really good. It's held really well, and only a few little touches needed to finish it off. Some of my dots are still a bit big and dark though. Hopefully they'll continue to settle but at the moment it's still easy to tell the difference between hair and SMP. Maybe need to blend into the sides a bit more next session to sort it out

On 6/16/2014 at 9:52 AM, HBK said:

Session 4 coming up this Friday. Hopefully the final chapter! Hopefully won't take too long as I dont think I need an awful lot done. Main issue is the crown looks a bit less dense than the rest. I could do with a bit more blending at the sides / temples and the FUE scars could do with a slight touch up.

I am slightly concerned that some of my dots on top / crown are still quite big and dark when I look in the mirror. What worries me is whether they are from my earlier sessions or not. If they are I don't suppose they will shrink much more as I started in April. When I take a photo they seem fine though so it's probably just all in my head! Once I get a bit more density around them I'm sure it will blend seamlessly anyway.

On 6/21/2014 at 8:18 AM, HBK said:

So here's how session 4 went.

What I thought was going to be a fairly quick touch up session actually turned out to be about 4.5 hours! HIS had only booked me in for 1.5 hours so credit to Danny for persevering and keeping pushing on with it for as long as that. It meant that his next client had to wait for about an hour and a half. Won't mention him by name to protect his privacy but if you're on here mate, thanks for your patience. Your treatment looks great so far and hopefully I'll see the finished result in a diary soon!

The areas worked on were a little bit more scar coverage and blending around it, extra density in the crown and filling in some fading on the temples and extra work on blending.

I initially though each of these areas would be quick to treat but just goes to show what I know. There was more fading in the crown than I'd anticipated and even Danny agreed that he underestimated how much work would need done. The real extent was only shown once the fresh pigment was being applied on top. All the extra time was spent painstakingly adding density and detail in the crown and blending in at the sides. The front of my scalp is a bastard to get the pigment into as well apparently so that added on further treatment time as well. We dropped it a shade to compensate for further fading. The extra darkness should also hopefully make the horseshoe less visible when my hair starts to grow in and allow me more time between shaves.

Got to say Danny has done an incredible job and absolutely smashed it again. Great lad, good banter and makes the whole process a million times easier. If you need any betting tips on the world cup give him a shout, he seems to be doing alright with his predictions so far!

All in all an eventful day seeing as it was even interrupted by a genuine fire alarm and the fire brigade turning up!

I would have got some photos taken on my phone in the clinic but I didn't want to waste any of the next guy's treatment time so these will have to do instead. Just took them quickly on my ipad but will try to get some better quality ones once it's passed to 4 day settling period. These were taken this morning so it's still quite dark although most redness is already gone. Definitely settled enough to go out in public today or tomorrow anyway

On 6/26/2014 at 10:10 AM, HBK said:

6 days post 4th session and it's settling nicely so thought I'd post a few pics. Still a bit dark in places but it's coming along. Been out meeting friends and back at work and no one's noticed which is good. Had a couple of PMs asking for advice about FUE coverage so I've circled the areas where the FUE scars are so people can see where to look. The fact I've had to do that tells you how great the coverage has been so far! Pics are self taken on ipad so apologies about angles of FUE pics.

On 6/27/2014 at 7:37 PM, HBK said:

Thought I'd post a couple more photos since I'm exactly 1 week post 4th session. Freshly shaved with foil shaver. As you can see I'm still not very good at it and miss plenty of stray hairs!

On 7/2/2014 at 9:45 AM, HBK said:

Last update for a while. 4th and hopefully final treatment holding well 12 days later. Going to avoid a 5th session if possible as I don't want to overdo it. FUE scars are my priority so as long as they don't fade and start to show I'll stay away as long as possible.

Still really pleased with it. Now time to move on with life and stop worrying about baldness!

On 7/24/2014 at 6:59 PM, HBK said:

Cheers for the replies lads, I'd sent some photos to HIS for evaluation and was waiting to update the thread once I'd heard back. They said it will be a week now due to holidays so will have to wait for now.

It's reassuring that no one notices anything in person and you're all saying you don't either so happy days! Took a picture today and then used a photo editor drawing on dots to show the small amount of touching up I think it needs to finish it off. Hopefully gives a better idea what I mean. Spot the difference! :D

imagejpg1-4.jpg

imagejpg2-1.jpg

On 7/31/2014 at 8:13 PM, HBK said:

Took some pics tonight after having about the closest shave I've ever had, can't even feel any stubble now! Still missed the odd bit as usual though. Almost at 6 weeks since my last session now so must be near enough fully settled

imagejpg2-2.jpg

imagejpg8.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

imagejpg6.jpg

imagejpg7.jpg

imagejpg4.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg1-6.jpg

On 9/7/2014 at 8:41 PM, HBK said:

Took a couple of pics outside today and was surprised to see how light my SMP looked (pleasantly surprised as it looked more natural). Took a couple more just there in indoor evening light seeing as it's half time in the footy and I'm bored, now it looks quite dark. Just shows what a difference lighting makes

On 10/1/2014 at 11:45 AM, HBK said:

Had a beautiful baby girl join the family recently so plenty of pics been taken. Thought I'd post a couple to show how my SMP looks in everyday settings rather than the usual close ups of my head!

On 11/15/2014 at 2:17 PM, HBK said:

Alright folks,

Just thought I'd post a wee update on my laser session on my hairline. Rather than post all the reasons why again - I'd posted on the thread "why not tell the truth" about how a couple of guys made some negative comments about my hairline which made me decide I wanted to soften it, so full story is on that thread if anyone's interested.

I went to the London clinic and was treated by Dee who was very friendly and helpful. I came away from the session and after letting it settle for a couple of days, I wasn't too happy. My hairline was slightly curved and sat slightly lower in the middle in a very soft widows peak. The laser had removed / lightened this peak but next to nothing at either side of the hairline and was now basically left an almost completely straight hairline which was way sharper than it ever was. I did notice at the time that there was very little pain at the sides at all whereas the middle was a bit worse. Looks like this is because there was very little reaction to the laser at the sides compared to the middle, unfortunately I wasn't clued up enough to realise that was the case at the time otherwise I'd have said something.

I contacted Dee and explained what had happened and she agreed and was happy to arrange a 2nd session the next week on the areas that hadn't been lasered as much as I'd hoped. After having the 2nd session I'm much happier. I asked her to laser it jagged so that although I only wanted it faded, if the SMP were to disappear completely I wouldn't end up with a sharp hairline of SMP further back. This seems to have worked quite well so far and has definitely broken up the hairline.

Apart from the fact it wasn't ideal having to go to London a 2nd time, I'm still much happier and it was worth it in the end. I will probably need a touch up on the hairline with a few random dots to fully sort it but I think it's well on its way now. I've attached a couple of photos to show where the hairline was before and what has been done to it.

Before laser, right side was sharper than left so here's a picture of it

After laser, first photo shows roughly where old hairline was

On 1/24/2015 at 10:58 AM, HBK said:

Alright folks, just a wee photo update as requested by Hating Hats in another thread.

Ed, photos that I would like deleted quoted above. Thanks a lot.

just a word to everyone else to explain. Not been on much for a while. I’d contacted Ed to request removal of a lot of my photos from the thread. Although my face is blurred in them I still feel that to people who know me I may still be recognisable. At the time of posting I wanted to share my treatment to help others see the process. They’ve been on here a few years now and the thread has a lot of views so I feel like I’ve done my bit. For now, I value my privacy more and would like to move on with life. I’ve missed quite a lot that aren’t really recognisable so there is still some photos in the thread. I may also post updates further down the line but any photos will be very closely scrutinised to be absolutely sure there is no chance of being recognised. Cheers.