HBK

Booked at Last - Can't Wait! FUE Mess to Get Sorted

To be completely honest it's bitersweet at the moment.

On the one hand, dealing with baldness and losing hair, I'm absolutely delighted as I don't really look like someone who is going bald any more. Now if I had never had a HT I would be 110% happy with my results.

The downside is the FUE scarring. Because I know that it is still visible it weighs on my mind a lot. I had been keeping my hair longer at thr back to cover it before I shaved for SMP, so to now have it fully on show is nerve racking when I know there is always the chance someone will spot it and pull me up over it.

Definitely no regrets though. The good points definitely outweigh the bad. And the bad points will hopefully be non existent once treatment is complete.

Looks good be better if saw without concealer as when I get this done I don't wanna use concealer ever again. I understand if its between sessions.

OK Jason here's the FUE scars with no concealer. Sorry about the photo quality

post-159484-0-63638700-1399901015_thumb.jpg

It is more noticeable in real life than the photos but it's definitely miles better than before I started.

Yeah Robby I'm definitely in a good position don't get me wrong. Very fortunate I don't have a bad strip scar to deal with, and no issues with indentation etc.

I'm just making sure I mention that that the scars are not yet 100% to give as honest a write up as possible so that anyone else in a similar position can know what to expect when contemplating going ahead with treatment

Well I had my 3rd session today. Daz is away treating his mrs to a fancy holiday so I was with Danny instead. Having met Danny when I had my first 2 sessions I knew I would be in good hands and the change of practitioner was nothing to worry about. If anything it worked out really well having two different styles to compliment one another.

The initial plan was to attack the FUE scars and just to put a light scatter throughout the top of my head. The more we got into it, it ended up like full session with Danny adding loads more detail throughout and giving a boost to some faded areas. As well as that the FUEs looked a bit dark against the surrounding hair so this was all blended in above and below.

After my 2nd session I was over the moon but now I'm blown away as it really feels like it is complete!

After reading Danny's detailed account on his own thread it's great to see how much effort he puts in to try and get the best possible results for his clients, taking as much care as if it was his own head.

Big thanks to Daz for 2 great sessions and now to Danny for putting the icing on the cake!

Will post some pics later...

HBK I know exactly how you feel with those scars but be thankful your not dealing with a strip scar. I can't even notice yours and I'm hoping mine is better after my third session. I so regret going the tp route in the 90's. :(

I'm glad wet shaving worked out because it makes it so much easier from a maintenance standpoint. I just know your upcoming pics will be awesome!

Well everything's settling nicely so far. Had my first shave yesterday and it's looking good. Dots are holding pigment better than the last 2sessions were at this stage I think, as they are still quite dark and still stand out against the surrounding hair / SMP. Scar area is pretty well covered, if anything a bit dark but the way it's going I think it will settle perfectly once the pigment fades a little. Dots are nice and small which seems to have given it loads more detail. Really chuffed. :)

Here's a couple of pics of the back. Excuse the funny angle and long neck. It's the way I have to twist my head to take a pic myself with my phone!

FUE area is showing through ever so slightly but I think a shave would sort that out hopefully and blend it better. It's still settling though so I'll keep an eye on it in case it needs one last touch up. Crown still looks like it could do with a little bit more density I think .

If the FUE stays in this well camouflaged condition I'll leave it a month or 2 before I see about booking a touch up anyway.

Any thoughts? post-159484-0-81963300-1400658738_thumb.jpgpost-159484-0-58921600-1400658760_thumb.jpg

Just wet shaved (with the grain) and took some pics. I think I need 1 more session by looking at them. There's still a lot of settling to be done as I'm only 2 weeks post 3rd but there's areas where I can already see need a little bit more work.

The crown looks like it needs more density when compared with the front. I also think there are a couple of small white areas showing through the scar that could do with a tiny bit more just to get it perfect. It's slightly more visible in real life than it is in pics but definitely very hard for anyone else to detect and a great job so far. Also might need a little bit more blending with my hair at the temples I think.

Any opinions / advice would be much appreciated!

I've sent an email to HIS to enquire about a 4th session over the weekend but not heard back yet, although they are probably closed for the bank holiday. I assume they need to see photos to justify extra sessions outside of what they quoted or do they just take your word for it?

post-159484-0-51754700-1401128778_thumb.jpgpost-159484-0-34199800-1401128817_thumb.jpgpost-159484-0-50107900-1401128839_thumb.jpgpost-159484-0-92403900-1401128857_thumb.jpgpost-159484-0-96002100-1401128871_thumb.jpg

Simply remarkable! Probably my favorite SMP results I have seen anywhere online. The close-ups are incredible, follicles look so real there is no way to tell it is tattoo. Will use this diary as a reference when the time comes. Congrats to you HBK!

Looks great.. I'd almost be tempted to get a fake scar added to complete the convincing look! Did you get quoted for 2 or 3 sessions? I got a quote for 2 but a bit worried that the guarantee is only valid if you get 3?

Hoping the Glasgow clinic opens soon!

Thanks bobo. I was quoted for 2 with a possible 3rd which was paid. Under guarantee for any more.

I'm sure you'd still be covered but might need to pay for the 3rd. Any others within the year should be free.

I know, I was holding out for Glasgow initially when I booked but ended up just going for it in Manchester. At least there's no chance of me bumping into anyone I know in Manchester!

Looking great HBK, I can't find any fue scars

Cheers Fix Ma Heed, your treatment is looking great as well! Looking forward to seeing session 2 pics

If you are quoted for 2 with the possibility of 3do you need to pay for all 3 or can you just pay for 2 initially?

You pay your sessions one at a time so if you don't need a 3rd you won't be out of pocket