HBK

Booked at Last - Can't Wait! FUE Mess to Get Sorted

Simultaneously? I'm no expert but seems improbable. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It is doable, but you'll need to wait a while. The dots in your scar tissue are likely to fade further, so its best assessed when theyre at their final shade.

Cheers for the info Damien. Certainly not going to start panicking yet. Could be a lot worse and have faded completely. All in all it's looking brilliant for the 1st session.

As far as pigment shades go this is what I had always thought...

I thought the pigment was selected primarily based on your hair colour rather than hair length. Obviously there is little difference in the appearance of a wet shaved scalp and a foil / rotary shavered scalp. In the case where people went for a longer hair length the pigment would still be the same. The treatment would still work as the smp would simply add extra density in this case but if shaved down would be the same as a properly shaved scalp.

Is that kind of right or completely wrong?

Here's a couple of pics less than 24 hours post 2nd session taken in natural light in front of a window.

I'll take some pics of the FUE scars later.

Damien, just a quick query. When I was in getting my treatment Daz took pics before an after each session to follow progress. The lads at Manchester were quite busy yesterday with appointments and sorting paperwork so I didn't want to hassle them to ask for a copy of the photos at the time as it would have meant that following appointments would be delayed if I did. What I was wondering is, are they sent in to head office to go on file somewhere? If so would I be able to get a copy if I emailed HIS at the usual address? Just would be good to get some before pics of the FUE area to show Daz's work on the forum.

Just a quick query for the veterans.

I'm on day 4 tomorrow after 2nd session so my hair is currently needing cut badly. As it is just now the SMP is a bit more noticeable due to the contrast with my hair. The thing is that the dots seem to have taken on a greyish tone and look a bit smudgey. They grey shade doesn't match my hair in the close up pic but seems fine when about 1ft away. I'm sure it will be fine once I shave tomorrow. I know it is early and there's a lot of settling to do . Just wondering if this is normal?

So soon after a session a blueish tinge is commonly put down to minor bruising. I shouldn't worry yourself.

Sometimes naturally shaved heads can also give a blue or greeny tinge to them anyway.

Just washed and shaved down with balding clippers. Here's a couple of photos of the back. One indoors, one outside in the garden on a bright sunny morning. The strip where the FUE scars were is looking great. Almost invisible so hopefully the pigment holds. When I say almost invisible - it probably is invisible to anyone else, just that I know where they were so I obviously scrutinise it really closely.

Looking at the pics I don't think I can get away with that length as the thin crown is still visible. I think I'll drop it down to a face shaver in a few days once it is fully healed to avoid pulling off any scabs.

post-159484-0-00459700-1397903954_thumb.jpgpost-159484-0-05563700-1397903993_thumb.jpg

Well after a bit of sever scalp peeling my SMP has faded quite a bit. It's looking good on top still so not overly concerned.

My only issue is that the FUE scar area is now starting to show again. If the pigment holds where it is just now I'll get away with it until session 3.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a decent product to conceal FUE dots on a shaved head just in case it need it if I get any more fading? Had a quick try with my mrs eyeliner which seems to work ok but there must be something better out there?

I used eyeliner for years to conceal my scar, I'd be amazed if there is anything better out there and to be honest, you shouldn't really need anything else as it does a good job. It's just a  pain to apply to the back of the head.

Glad to hear the scalp is back on track!

Weirdly I've woken up this morning and the FUE scars look better again. Still slightly visible in places but a good bit better than yesterday.

Not sure what is going on with my head!

Cheers Thierry. I though something like that would be the best option.

Out of interest, did it work well?

Hard to say because I couldn't see my own head when I was out in public. Certainly, before I checked in my mirrors at home, it was almost undetectable in certain lighting. I only went out without a hat at night, around bars, so I think it was OK for then. But I don't think it worked in daylight, as every time I checked in a mirror during the day, it would often look worse than without eyeliner.

Just been messing about with eye liner there Thierry. It's hard to get it right, instead of white scarring marks I seem to end up with a dark area that stands out instead. Well at least i can use it as an emergency back up if I need it!

Seems I was wrong this morning, maybe just the lighting fooled me into thinking the fue's were looking better. It's still visible as it was yesterday after all.

The hairline seems to have really faded to the point where it doesn't blend with my surrounding hair since it is so light now. Going to give it a good shave down with a face shaver tonight to see if I can get it to match. The dots seem to be looking bigger as well which is strange. Kind of looks like they are blending together rather than how they looked more individual before. I assume once the initial first week fading has passed, any further fading is a lot more gradual? At least I hope it is!

Back to work for the first time in a few days as well so starting to shit myself!

Yeah, it's tough to get it blended perfectly, you need to smudge it so it turns grey and you need to be very closely shaved. It probably works better on darker skin like mine, where the contrast is less but I did see a thread on here where a light skinned guy had it nicely camouflaged with eyeliner.

Yeah well remembered Robby, I remember reading his diary. If I remember correctly it was coimbining a couple of products and tricky to apply. I've got my mrs to sort me out today with some stuff just in case.

I'll try to refrain from using it as long as possible though. When I was out earlier no one seemed to be looking but I was a bit paranoid standing in till queues at the shops! Hard to tell if anyone spots anything anyway seeing as it's the back of your head. It's just frustrating as it feels like 1 step forwards 2 steps back with the fading. For about 3 days post session 2 it was completely invisible.

Shaved down with a braun 720s foil shaver tonight and it definitely blends best at this length. Will be trying a wet shave in a while once I'm past the minimum healing time before I can do it.

There's a forum member called Tesla who I recall using Mac products to camouflage his scars.

the mac product, was used i think to help with the shine on his scars…which is one problem

for camouflage its got to be an eye liner pencil, to mimic what the SMP is trying to do, its not perfect but it 

better than not using anything, you become a bit of an expert after a while

Yeah well remembered Robby, I remember reading his diary. If I remember correctly it was coimbining a couple of products and tricky to apply. I've got my mrs to sort me out today with some stuff just in case.

I'll try to refrain from using it as long as possible though. When I was out earlier no one seemed to be looking but I was a bit paranoid standing in till queues at the shops! Hard to tell if anyone spots anything anyway seeing as it's the back of your head. It's just frustrating as it feels like 1 step forwards 2 steps back with the fading. For about 3 days post session 2 it was completely invisible.

Shaved down with a braun 720s foil shaver tonight and it definitely blends best at this length. Will be trying a wet shave in a while once I'm past the minimum healing time before I can do it.

I know how you feel. There's very little way of knowing if anyone can see because let's face it, no one is going to say anything even if it stands out like a beacon (unless the person knows you already or they are drunk!). It's so hard to get it camouflaged in all lighting but as Derek says, eyeliner is the way to go and a matte product seems to help too. My scar shines like tin-foil if you catch it at a certain angle in bright lighting but Boots matte lotion helps somewhat.

I'm noticing the same thing with the shiny scars Thierry. Although mine are FUE, it still stands out like a shiny strip of skin since the white dots are compactly grouped together. I've been using loreal pure matte moisturiser. I also find keeping the surrounding hair as short as possible also helps as the surrounding scalp blends better.

Will need to try the Boots one as well as the loreal is expensive considering how small the tube is.

I really don't rate the boots product but it's worth a shot at the cost.

I was going to suggest another product until you mentioned that you thought the L'oreal was expensive (that's crap too lol).

For moisturiser it seems a bit expensive to me but it's not something I've ever really had to think about before. Don't mind paying it though seeing as I'll save a fortune on haircuts now!

If it's that Peter Thomas Roth stuff everyone bangs on about in the anti shine thread, I've already got some on order. Had to trawl back through about 8 pages to find out what PTR stood for!

I really can't see how eyeliner can work to help conceal your scar when your hair is shaved down, yes when your hair is longer it works well, but in my experience, the shorter the hair around the scar area, the tougher, if not impossible it is to conceal.

I've had 3 MHT sessions on my scar area only and the one thing that helps the appearance of my scar is as previously mentioned in this post, is the MAC product called "MAC matte creme matifiante" it's a anti shine product and I've tried other anti shine products and they were all useless, this product is fantastic as it completely dulls the scar area of any shine and my scar looks much better overall when I apply this.

I'm now 13 days after 2nd session and still finding my scalp is very dry and flaky. I think this is probably due to not properly exfoliating in the shower yet and still only washing gently.

I know the aftercare guidelines say that you can have a normal shower after 10 days, I assume this means I can also give my head a good scrub by now as well then?