HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hi guys,

Been lurking on the forums for a few years now and finally plucked up the courage to book my treatment. Got a few months to wait though due to festive period / work / holidays.

Really wish i'd done ths much sooner but have held off because I was stupid enough to get a transplant a few years back so am still worried about how the scars will look. Biggest mistake of my life.
One thing I've noticed however is I haven't really seen much photos of anyone who has had FUE transplant scars treated. I went down this route and although this type of procedure is meant to be relatively scar free I have quite a bit of scarring as I basically went to a butcher of a surgeon! Basically I have a lot of white dots (a bit bigger than your average FUE dot scar as the surgeon used a bigger punch size) in the shape of a strip scar rather than evenly throughout the back of my head. This was done so that I could keep my hair at the back longer to cover up any signs that I had had any surgery. This means that if I shave down to a #2 or lower you can see a strip of thinner / see through hair that stands out at the back. This annoys me the most about it all when the main reason you would go with FUE is to allow you to still shave your hair down short if you wish!

There's a couple of things I'm apprehensive about. Firstly I hope that the treatment is versatile enough that I can change between cutting my remaining hair between the length of a 0 grade down to a wet razor shave with the blending still being undetectable. I assume that the longer the hair, the darker the pigment looks. Going by this thinking, if I get the treatment with say a 0 grade, my treatment could be too dark to allow me to wet shave? Hope that makes sense!

The other is fading. My main concerns out treatment is not letting people notice the HT scars, therefore the thought of fading is a worry in case they stand out. Hopefully my skin will retain the ink well. I'm currently getting a tattoo removed and it's stubborn to let go of the ink. If that's anything to go by then hopefully I'll be ok.

Now time to let the emotional rollercoaster begin until D-day finally comes. So far I've been delighted, excited, nervous, worried and I'm sure it will continue until I finally sit in the chair and gt on with it!

Will post pics once i get started to let people see some FUE results since there doesn't seem to be too many examples on here.

#2 David1963

David1963

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

• Damien likes this

#3 David1963

David1963

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

POPULAR

Hope these 2 examples give you hope mate - I had 3 failed FUE sessions but luckily my dots were small .

• Damien, Davidwindsurf and JumpingJack like this

#4 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Good choice of videos David :)

I wouldnt worry about fading. Ultimately this is a long term solution and if you have more fading than expected in the short term, it can be rectified. Just keep your eye on the prize and move forward, and whether it takes 2 sessions or 5 sessions, we'll get there.

A zero grade *should* be okay, but for more clarification it would be useful if we could see some photos

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#5 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

The video of Glen is probably about the closest although the dots are smaller. I was impressed with his results so hopefully I'll be the same.

#6 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Time getting closer now and still haven't told the mrs! Have been putting it off as there's no easy way to tell her I'm going to get my head tattooed.

The trouble is that to those who haven't researched into this treatment would probably find it more extreme than a hair transplant when first told about it.

Any tips on how to break the news without seeming like a nutter?

#7 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

maybe pick out a HIS video that is brief and has a really nice result, and say 'im thinking about getting this done' and show her the video.  if she sees how good it looks first, it might make it easier to explain everything.

• Robby and ALostSoul like this

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#8 Flippo

Flippo

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

Time getting closer now and still haven't told the mrs! Have been putting it off as there's no easy way to tell her I'm going to get my head tattooed.

The trouble is that to those who haven't researched into this treatment would probably find it more extreme than a hair transplant when first told about it.

Any tips on how to break the news without seeming like a nutter?

I am closing in on setting up a date myself and my gf is the one that has encouraged me to go this route.  She was very happy to see me take off my hair system even though she didn't know I wore one until I told her.  Recently I shaved my head after clipping for a couple months and my tp scar actually looks the best like this. 

I agree with HH98 on choosing a video and I think your wife will be very supportive because you will feel better after having it completed.

• Davidwindsurf likes this
NYC Clinic
Treatment one - March 20,2014 Color Shades 40's
Treatment two - April 1, 2014 40/42/44
Treatment three - May 8, 2014 30/32
Treatment four - June 13, 2014 24/26/30

My diary http://forum.hishair...he-show-begins/

#9 Tesla

Tesla

AC over DC

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hi HBK

I was in the same position as you, I sat the wife down and told her my full story, the lie I had been living with through our marriage. It is something that you really want and will make you a happier person so your wife will support you.

My scars are like Glen's above in the video, I don't think you will find any person on this forum that like having their HT scars and that are happy they had a HT.

Be positive and move forward with your life.

Question1) As I said I have the plug scars and I feel that I have to shave my head as leaving it longer (Balding Clippers no guard) doesn't look right. I think that most people with scars shave, people that are just thinning Buzz.

By shaving  to the bone makes my scars blend in more. But we are all different and the only way to know for sure is by doing it yourself.

I think I understand what you are saying about the hair length: 

Longer Hair = Darker Ink

I am not too sure on this, I don't think this is the case, but I would say that:

Longer = Visible Scars

Question 2) I can say that the only place that never faded throughout my process was in my scars. Scars seem to take the ink well, (in my case  anyway)but we are all different yet again.Sorry this is a poor answer but imagine going into a tattoo parlor and asking for a tattoo with all the colours of the rainbow and  your best friend had the same tattoo done at the same time, I bet in a month if you compared both tattoos they would differ somehow, some colours might not take as well as others.

T

#10 balde

balde

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Glen's isn't actually FUE, but the older plug surgery. However his video is one of the oldest and best examples of HIS

#11 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Alright guys, cheers for the advice. I'm abroad with work for a few days so I'll be making it my mission to finally tell the mrs when I get home!

Although glens scars are from plugs rather than fue like mine, it is still the most relevant to mine as the fue white dot scars are in a strip like his rather than spread out across the back of my head like most cases.

Hope I'm the same as you regarding scar fading tesla, that's my concern 95% when it comes to the treatment! I'm more worried about the scars being hidden than anything else, the actual covering up if the balding area to look like a full head of hair is just a bonus! as I said in my OP, i'm having a regular tattoo removed at the moment and it's as stubborn as anything to fade so hopefully that's a good sign for treatment fading.

#12 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Just a quick question guys, how soon before your treatment do you find out who your practioner is going to be?

I see plenty of threads with titles like"booked up with #### c on the 14th" so I assume you are told at some point before the confirmation mail a few days before?

Not too big a deal anyway as I'm sure all the guys are great, just curious really.

#13 David1963

David1963

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

For my 3rd I wanted ###### again so arranged my holidays around his dates , a week before the session HIS phoned to say #### had now booked hols for that date so asked " do you want to cancel or are u ok with #### Flahety doing the session" , as it was to late to change my hols I exepted #### Flahety - on turning up on the day I actualy got a trainee (Polish Mike ) !!!

Actualy Polish Mike did a great job and is getting rave reviews for the work he is now doing in Chicago !

#14 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Alright lads. Had my first session with Daz so thought I’d do a write up.

On the morning I was really nervous due to the FUE scarring and what sort of success I’d have with it. I have only shaved it down once since getting it done back in 2007. I was horrified when I did as the scarring was terrible considering FUE is meant to leave minimal scarring, which should allow you to shave your hair down to a 1 / 2 grade without it being detected. No chance in my case. About 1 inch was as short as I could manage. In the grand scheme of HT scars there's far worse though. I have since kept the hair longer at the back so that the scarring couldn’t be seen. I hadn't shaved my hair down before my appointment either, and had it done at the clinic to save me walking about with a big strip of white dots across the back of my head. If it hadn’t been for this anxiety about scar coverage, I’d probably have had this treatment about 4 years ago when I first heard about it.

So I arrived at the clinic a little bit early and was given a warm welcome by Danny and straight away I felt at ease. A totally down to earth friendly guy who could totally relate to the same concerns we all have with hair loss. He was already working on another lad's treatment who also had FUE scarring and showed me the coerage he'd achieved in the preious session. Soon after, Daz arrived and he was very friendly and welcoming as well. He could also relate to my HT story having made the same mistake himself. The fact that both of these guys are walking talking adverts for the treatment, having had it done themselves definitely helped as well as I’d never seen it in the flesh before.  

Daz had a chat with me about what I was wanting to achieve and soon after we got started. Firslty my head was shaved with a zero grade with clippers. Daz and Danny advised me to give it a go at this length since I’ve still got quite a bit of hair remaining on top. This way, when the rest starts to go I can always go shorter anyway. I was expecting to need to go shorter with an electric shaver so this was a surprise. On to the treatment, I could only describe the pain as mild discomfort at worst. I’ve had tattoos which are much worse so if you can handle that (which most people can) then SMP will be a walk in the park. Daz would stop every now and then to let me have a look which also kept me going as I was seeing positive improvement. All in all I was about 2.5 hours I think but lost track of time.

Ian also turned up to do some consultations and it was cool to meet him too. A couple of the guys who were in for them popped through to have a look and a quick chat so hopefully they liked what they saw!

I’m really pleased with how it went for the 1st session and it’s even exceeded my expectations. I just hope it doesn’t fade too much before the next one. Big thanks to Daz, Danny and Ian who were all great lads.

I’ll follow up with a few photos. I don’t have any before photos since my hair only got shaved down at the clinic. Daz took some on his camera and said he’d email them when he has time later. I’ll update the thread with them when I get hold of them…

#15 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

Here’s a few photos taken during the treatment. The first 2 show the FUE scarring being treated. You can even see a difference between these 2 photos.

The first was taken immediately after the FUE scars have been treated and it still looks quite dotty. The second was taken towards the end of the session and you can already see that its starting to settle and look natural.

IMG_5267.JPG IMG_5268.JPG IMG_5271.JPG

• Thierry77 likes this

#16 Thierry77

Thierry77

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

You can't even tell you had scarring at all in the second pic! Glad you are pleased with it, will look forward to seeing those before pics, as I'm sure that contrast will be fantastic.

• HBK likes this

Session 1  11/04/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 2  16/04/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 3  12/06/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 4  18/11/2014   ######, Birmingham

Session 5  10/03/2015   Anya, Birmingham

#17 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Cheers Thierry. 2 days in and it's still looking pretty good. The scarring is slightly visible just now but I'm hoping its due to the fact my hair could do with shaving down. The dots pigment itself hasn't really changed since the day of treatment so far so hopefully won't fade too much

#18 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Here's a photo of the top the day after with the redness settling down.

Not sure I'll be able to pull off a zero. Might give my foil shaver a go once I'm past the 4days of no shaving

image.jpg

#19 jason27

jason27

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Looks brilliant mate and only first session wow.
  • HBK likes this

#20 HBK

HBK

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Thanks Jason! :)

Couple of photos with it freshly shaved. Was bricking it shaving as with the extra hair length the scars were well covered although the blending at the top was getting bad. It seems to be pretty good though, still quite camouflaged. The scars seem less visible in the photos than they are in real life, surprisingly it seems to look best in photos with the flash on. Saying that I think I'm probably over paranoid anyway and most people wouldn't spot them anyway.

I'm still sticking with the zero grado for now for a couple of reasons.

1. If the treatment on the scars fade I  can try and cover it temporarily with concealer until my next session. I think this would be easier with having a little bit of surrounding hair to blend in with rather than just a tiny bit of stubble or slick bald. I'm no expert though ansd havent done it before so I may be wrong.

2. will be easier to show people my new short look by doing it in stages rather than going from having hair straight to razor / elec shaver style bald. Think it will be less of a shock if it looks like I'e just taken the clippers to it for now.

Going out today for the first time with it so hopefully no one rumbles me this early!

Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users