cakelover

Took The plunge today with Paul C :)

Elated for you, mate. What a great and an inspiring write-up. I like the conservative approach taken on the first treatment since it will allow for more enhancement. I am equally as glad to see that your confidence is back on track. Enjoy your new look.

Thanks Spike & Robbie.... My second is on Tuesday and I can't wait ....(Well I would prefer not to go through the pain again but like others have said I would sit for a week if it gives me the right results)

Cheers Sam.... Yeah I am really glad I went more conservative on my first now..... I do see some first treatment results where they have nailed the hairline first time round and was a bit jealous of that but now it has faded down I can make a much more assured final decision with what can be improved and changed.... Something which is quite hard to picture on your first treatment with just a white pencil....I'm even more confident that the end look is going to be perfect as we have took our time.

Thanks Jacob... Hoping they 90% nail it on the 2nd.... (As I have a hot date next Sunday haha) but more than happy to have 3-4 treatments to get it perfect.

Thanks Jacob... I think I'm deffinately going to feel more confident and attractive and not constantly be thinking is my baldness an issue for her?? I'm really looking forward to it... Where usually I'd be dreading the first date lol!!

Already my confidence has shot up and I'm starting to like myself in the mirror again so when this is all 100% finished I'm going to be a right big headed twat lol!!

Sorry guys for being a bit lazy with updating this but since the image upload stopped working on here for a while I kind of gave up.

Anyhoooo..... I am 18 days post my 3rd treatment with #### now.

On The second treatmen we lowered the hairline and brought the sides more forward and stuck with colour 32 all over........ Bad pain Bad pain lol as there was a lot more coverage and my skin was still raw from the first.

The following pics are 7 days post 2nd treatment....... As you can see even after 7 days it faded quite badly.

More to follow of 3rd treatment....

post-159585-0-26864300-1390575756_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-42706300-1390575778_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-60322800-1390575799_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-49990800-1390575809_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-10890500-1390575819_thumb.jpg

I waited a month until the 6th of January for my 3rd which was definitely needed. #### went with a colour 30 this time (He did state that going into the 30s is going into dark territory) and decided to add a little more density. I also wanted to make adjustments to the hairline and sides as I still weren't quite happy with the shape as I felt it really didn't do much for me in terms of improving my face shape etc.

I will add that this is something they don't really like to do on the 3rd treatment as any adjustments on the 3rd will probably need another layer on top again so please bare this in mind on your second..... Yet I still feel with only 2 treatments to make a final decision on shape etc is quite hard if your like me and prefer a less is more approach.

#### had a client booked in for 12.30 for a touch up and we had only just got started at 10am but #### the ever professional put me at rest and assured me he would never ever rush a client so do not worry about time.

So.......... The Good....

The pain was alot less severe and #### managed to get done in just over 2 hours, explaining that we had peppered over a darker colour which would be a nice contrast between light and dark while still keeping a nice medium density. 3rd time luck we nailed the hairline shape and the sides and I was 10 times more happier on this treatment than any of the others.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures!!

post-159585-0-84415100-1390579190_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-14225500-1390579260_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-49277900-1390579275_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-89071100-1390579294_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-29168100-1390579320_thumb.jpeg

The..... Bad....but Not so bad!!!

Firstly...... If your planning to have this treatment done be prepared for at least a few weeks of looking a bit odd while it settles. This isn't an overnight fix and 9 times out of 10 you wont be going back to work Monday looking brilliant and nobody being able to tell.

Each of my treatments i spent a minimum of a week under a hat and then still 2-3 weeks before I felt confident enough to go out properly. This will differ between people with sensitive skin, skin colour etc etc.

second....SHINE!!! for me this IS an issue and a real pain in the arse..... especially under certain artificial lighting, sunlight seems to be ok as does natural daytime shading and indoors etc..... but as soon as some (Not all) indoor lighting hits it, it can really affect the results and give it a weird kind of painted look.

Third... Daylight seems to make mine disappear quite drastically.... Now Im not sure if its because its fading down to much or that the density is too low!!

Regarding my treatment there still seems to be some blending issues, especially on the sides and temple where it appears more "see through" than my real hair on the sides.............. Im not sure if this can be improved or not.....As it seems going any more darker will not match my existing colour.

Below are some pics of what I mean about the blending ( Not good quality but hopefully you can see)

post-159585-0-84765600-1390580482_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-90314600-1390580598_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-24130700-1390580651_thumb.jpeg

post-159585-0-65123900-1390580683_thumb.jpeg

hi cakelover!

Some guys like it lighter, some guys like it darker. The darkness of your first 2 pictures (your post from 05.24 PM) is the darkness I would prefer for the outside. The other 2 pictures would be too light for me. 

My absolute favorite here is the user "G-Star" He told, his first session had colour 28, the second and the third session colour 26 were used.

Look at his picture from outside. I love it.  

The pictures from September, 08.2013

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/4252-the-time-is-near/page-8

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me, that the darker colours have not so much fading, like the lighter colours?!

But I like your hearline - it looks really natural!!! They made a very good job!  ;)

bye, Trendy

It looks good, but I think its on the light side. I went shade 30 for my first two treatments and it faded to what yours is right now. I felt it looked natural but faded under a lot of lights.For my third I dropped it down to 26 and it made a big difference.

Hey man...the shape of the hairline is excellent and very natural...the shade does appear light...in your opinion is that because you think it faded or the shade was too light to begin with or is the density less...what shades did you use each session?

im up in Feb with #### C and whilst im pretty sure on the overall hairline I want im a bit uncertain about shade...

Pics are not very clear, but looks like it matches your sides very well....... and it looks very, very natural so far at least on those pictures. Needs a little more density maybe? hairline seems to have a nice gradient effect

I think you are on your way of having a Legit shaved looking head....

One of the most natural treatments I've seen. On my phone I can see no issues it looks like it blends seamlessly with your own hair. Yes it's light but so is your remaining hair and I guess you may look bald under certain lighting conditions but I love it mate.

Thanks guys for all your great comments... It helps a lot to have some great blokes on here while you go through this process.

I met up with a a guy called Jonesy from the forum and his lovely wife today and spent half an hour with them.... I asked him to be brutally honest about my treatment before he turned up as i would not be offended whatsoever. Himself and his wife were really impressed with what they saw and had nothing but positives to say about it..... They also said any hang ups I have mentioned about the blending and being to light should be put to rest as they couldn't fault it..... and I think it made there mind up to fully go for it.

I would like to thank them for putting my mind to rest on this and I am going to ride it out for a few months and then evaluate it from there, as right now I am one very happy chappy :-) 

A massive Thanks to the Big Dog #### C to .......An absolute magician and the main man when it comes to SMP!! Cheers Geeezaaaaaa!!

It's good that you went light at first, that way you are in control of what you want. Looking good so far.

Cheers Maple..... Feeling really happy with it right now.... Like you say, with this treatment you always have a good degree of control and room for change in the future.

hi cakelover!

Some guys like it lighter, some guys like it darker. The darkness of your first 2 pictures (your post from 05.24 PM) is the darkness I would prefer for the outside. The other 2 pictures would be too light for me. 

My absolute favorite here is the user "G-Star" He told, his first session had colour 28, the second and the third session colour 26 were used.

Look at his picture from outside. I love it.  

The pictures from September, 08.2013

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/4252-the-time-is-near/page-8

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me, that the darker colours have not so much fading, like the lighter colours?!

But I like your hearline - it looks really natural!!! They made a very good job!  ;)

bye, Trendy

G-Star Treatment is amazing your right.... It's so easy to walk in with a picture and say "I want that one" lol. I did it myself with a Matt Damon snap haha...... but in the end you have to go with what looks "natural" for you. The more treatments you have the more your confidence grows and the more you want, which isnt always a good thing.

It looks good, but I think its on the light side. I went shade 30 for my first two treatments and it faded to what yours is right now. I felt it looked natural but faded under a lot of lights.For my third I dropped it down to 26 and it made a big difference.

Cheers Troy..... I really like your recent pics... your shade is spot on I think but there's nothing wrong with a little darker peppering on top if its going to work for you. You look like Tom Hardy in Bronson on your most recent pics hah!!

Hey man...the shape of the hairline is excellent and very natural...the shade does appear light...in your opinion is that because you think it faded or the shade was too light to begin with or is the density less...what shades did you use each session?

im up in Feb with #### C and whilst im pretty sure on the overall hairline I want im a bit uncertain about shade...

Thanks Spike.... I love the shape, I had to push #### to the absolute limit of where he was happy to go in terms of bringing it forward...but we both agree'd after that it worked in my favour and he took his time with it checking on every new area he had filled just to make sure.

I went for a low-medium density to match my age and existing hair. I didnt want a huge stand out difference.... and thats what I think I have ended up with. If anything I may book in for a fourth somewhere down the line to just add in some density on the sides and a peppering on top (especially where we adjusted the hairline on the 3rd) colours went from a 34 1st treatment.... 32 second.....30 on the 3rd..... i think maybe some of the fading is due to the 2nd treatment of 32 being to light now.

Pics are not very clear, but looks like it matches your sides very well....... and it looks very, very natural so far at least on those pictures. Needs a little more density maybe? hairline seems to have a nice gradient effect

I think you are on your way of having a Legit shaved looking head....

Cheers dude.... Im really happy with the hairline, as it fades its almost invisible... in a good way lol

One of the most natural treatments I've seen. On my phone I can see no issues it looks like it blends seamlessly with your own hair. Yes it's light but so is your remaining hair and I guess you may look bald under certain lighting conditions but I love it mate.

Cant fault that from the forum legend haha!! Cheers mate and your right..... I could keep pushing for more but sometimes more isn't always better :-)

#cakelover: "second....SHINE!!! for me this IS an issue and a real pain in the
arse..... especially under certain artificial lighting, sunlight seems
to be ok as does natural daytime shading and indoors etc..... but as
soon as some (Not all) indoor lighting hits it, it can really affect the
results and give it a weird kind of painted look
."

Could you explain a little bit more that point? Guys who have had the treatment, I'd really apreciate if you could give us your opinion about that? Does it happen to you? Is something related with the density or colour of the treatment?

Thanks. :)

I've met today Ian, he looks awesome. :) :)

I agree, on some indoor artificial lighting it does not look perfect. But so would every shaved head I am convinced. If I go to a restaurant, I would for example siting where a strong light is. The other day I saw a guy who was naturally shaved (I think so at least) and I can tell you this wasn't looking better than SMP.

Taking care of your scalp is very important to avoid any shine. I use wipes during the day to make sure it's perfectly clean. It's exactly like some people's nose or forehead, it's normal but we are paranoiac about that.

I agree with Max.... It is an issue and it can effect the smp's appearance in a negative way...BUT... I'm looking for it, is anybody else? I really don't think so!!

On the particular day I wrote that, i was feeling quite self conscious about it all, as I had been in Macdonalds the previous evening, after a 10 hour shift and had a heavy stomach virus, and under a huge indoor light, staring into one of them dodgy one way window type mirror's and all i saw was SHIINEEEEEE lol. The mixture of built up grease and oil on my head (even more so cos of the virus) and the VERY harsh lighting just wasn't flattering.

If you choose a good anti shine (preferably one to carry around with you), keep your head nice and clean from oil and keep your head closely shaven at all times, the only shine you will give off is that of a normal shaven headed person.

Oohhh. I think I misunderstood you. I thougbt when you talk about the "painted effect" that the ink was reflecting light and you got something like a metal effect. If it looks like a real shaved head there's no problem. :-) Thanks.

Thought I'd better update this as its been a while.... I had a 4th treatment 4 days ago with #### and it was more of a touch up really just to pepper over the top with some more 30 and add some density to the sides again!!

In all honesty it was still good enough without the 4th and #### was over the moon with the results after having 2 months to fully settle and I could tell he was totally chuffed with his own work lol. We both agreed that just a light sprinkle over the top would just give it a bit more pop and bring it to life a bit more!! So I'm pretty sure that's me done atleast for a few years and fingers crossed no unwanted fading In The future.

The last 2 months living with this has been pretty amazing and I couldn't be happier with the finished look... It's so suttle and natural and nobody even looks up at my head let alone questions it!!

Now I dnt want to sound like I'm bragging haha but I've dated about 6 girls since starting this procedure and what's more crazy is that 3 of them are hairdressers lol and Again not even they threw me any funny looks or even mentioned my head :-) and I even banged 2 of them pmsl. One of them I've kind of settled down with and things are looking good for the future!! I actually saw her last night just 3 days after my last treatment and she still didnt notice!!

Anybody reading this and still questioning it in there head... Just do it, you have nothing to lose and if it's not for you get it lasered off but atleast you tried the best method available for hair loss so far!! Don't wait around for 5 years reading the forum like I did, fighting the worries of what other people will think!!

Anyway... Some I door shots 4 days post 4th treatment!!

unege2a2.jpguhy3y7yd.jpgumyda6u3.jpgeja4ene6.jpg8usahu8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk