• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

What's up everyone,,,, like most of us I have been following this forum for quite some time. My hair loss story is the same as everyone else's more or less. I would say I'm a norwood 5. I decided on HIS due to their forum and all the people here who have gotten such good results. I looked at other companies, one in particular was a strong contender only because it was literally 10 min from me, but after doing research I couldn't justify not going with HIS. 

I have had two treatments thus far with Jonathan in Chicago and I feel I need one more to really cap it off. jonathan was a cool, laid back guy and did a great job.

After doing a few mock ups I decided to go with a more subtle natural receded look.  I chose a soft/broken hairline and very little temple work. I also wanted what work was done on my temples to also be soft and broken. It's still a bit red and tender but I'm excited to see the look when everything settles up. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for my 3rd session.   

I apologize for the low quality pics all I have is my computer cam. Also in the 2nd session pics I still have 2 days growth so it's longer than optimal length.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2nd session front.jpg
  • 2nd session front2.jpg
  • 2nd session hairline close.jpg
  • 2nd session hairline close left.jpg
  • 2nd session hairline close right.jpg
  • 2nd session left.jpg
  • 2nd session right.jpg
  • 2nd session back.jpg

#2 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

A couple before shots, I also had a few days growth here. 

#3 Bighairproblem

Bighairproblem

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

What a great transformation man. You must be really happy now! :)

(I think you were norwood 6or 7 ,but doesnt really matters anymore since you are zero now!) :)

#4 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

wow this looks really great man.  love the hairline/temples, it looks extremely natural.  in your before pic from the back you look 50, and in your after pictures you look early/mid twenties.  nice!

p.s. - the before pictures in your second post give an error when you try to enlarge them.

p.s.s. - dont forget to feed that dog  :P

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#5 jowells

jowells

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Looks really good, I know your extremely happy. Did you show anyone? If so how they react

#6 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

Bighairproblem, Thanks man, much appreciated. Yeah I'm really happy so far, I just hope it settles up nicely. Lol! Yeah probably, my crown is weird, there's actually more hair there than there appears, it's just thin. This was taken with a few days growth so it's more visible. If I buzzed or wet shaved the horseshoe wouldn't be as drastic. But yeah, if I grow it out a little fuhgetaboutit.

hairhair98, Thanks bro, yeah I figured a natural look was more suitable for me. lol! dang I know though, my crown is brutal. I still need to do some filling in there. Sorry about the pics, don't know what the deal is, I'll try to post again. Lol! Trust me he could stand to skip a meal or two.

jowells, thanks man, definitely happy. I haven't shown anyone since my second session. A few people saw me after my first session but didn't even notice because it was so subtle and light. I Will let you know when I get some feedback because it's pretty noticeable now and as soon as I can shave I'm retiring the hat lol. 

#7 jowells

jowells

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

Lol great man, its suits you well because your head seems the same color as your skin where in vice versa my head is pale lol once it evens out a little more ill be completely hatless too :D

#8 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

jowells, Yeah, I spent some time out in the sun prior to my treatment so I have some color there fortunately. Plus I have a really short head and when I had hair I had a crazy low hairline and I think I actually look better with a higher hairline because of my squat head lol. Don't forget the sunscreen.

#9 jowells

jowells

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Are you planning on wet shaving or using the clippers? I just use the clippers, its a hassle having to shave every other day but I feel for me it looks the best

#10 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Looks awesome that, nice one. I understand Jowells comment, but personally I think you'll find it much easier in the long run to use a shaver instead of clippers. I've actually started to wet shave, but you'll establish your own routine I'm sure.
Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#11 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

jowells, I plan on using an electric shaver. I just ordered the andis profoil electric shaver. It has really good reviews and is well known in the barber community. It's comparable to the wahl 5 star shaver. It's supposed to shave somewhere in between razor shaved and 1 days growth which is perfect for me because I never preferred wet shaving to the bone even though I looked better when I did because of my horseshoe. That was actually one of the reasons I opted for SMP because I could use a close electric shaver as opposed to a razor and still not see my horseshoe. 

Damien, thanks man, much appreciated, yep I'm going with a shaver. Hopefully it works out because I love the idea of just being able to dry shave every other day with an electric shaver. wham bam thank you ma'am.

#12 jowells

jowells

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Sounds like a plan .. have you had any major fading yet?

#13 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Nah, no fading yet thankfully. I'm going to schedule another appointment though just to get some things touched up. A few people (parents/friends) have seen me now and were blown away. Both said I look younger & better. 

#14 newstyle33

newstyle33

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

it looks great mate

also i think it looks more realstic if you have a slightly thining and receded look like you have done

#15 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

newstyle33, thanks man, yeah I figured I'd be cautious and not push it but now that it's done and I like how it looks I'm contemplating going a tad lower. Not by much, I'm thinking 3/8 inch or something. Considering my natural hairline was about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches lower than I have it now I think I have a bit more room to lower before it looks unnatural. What do you think? Any other opinions will be appreciated as well. Thanks

#16 jowells

jowells

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

You could definitely get away with lowering it a Tad.. it looks great now though, what could make a big difference Is if you bring your side profiles a Tad closer.But trust me I think your results are great now

#17 Lebowski

Lebowski

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

thanks again, yeah I agree, I think I'm gonna bring it all in just a tad on my next round. 

#18 Jayson

Jayson

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Wow, love the results man. you could get away with lowering your hairline but once your happy with it thats the main thing bro. brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users