#121 dirmt

dirmt

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering...

- How long after having hairline adjusted did it take for redness to subside?

- How much darker did the ink get before disappearing, and how long did this darkness last? I don't want to be walking around with a light treatment on top and then a suspiciously black hairline!

- How long did it take in total to disappear?

Realise answers will be different for everyone but a general idea would be good.

Thanks

#122 SiJo

SiJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

Hi Dirmt,

Abit of background. I've had my SMP for over 6 years and I fancied a more softer hair line and side profiles. I also had some other areas of my head lightened and I've had 3 removal sessions from the laser clinic in London, so I've got a pretty good idea on what to expect. I'm asian, so the answers below might not be the same for every skin type, but, hopefully they should give you some idea on what to expect.

- How long after having hairline adjusted did it take for redness to subside?

Answer: For me this took around 24 hours. What I suggest is using an ice pack straight after your treatment, this will significantly reduce your redness and within 24 hours the redness should have completely subsided.

- How much darker did the ink get before disappearing, and how long did this darkness last and How long did it take in total to disappear? I don't want to be walking around with a light treatment on top and then a suspiciously black hairline!

Answers: The darkness, for me, lasted around 2 weeks. But what I noticed was, the hairline looks it's darkest in the first couple of days but starts to lessen pretty quickly. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being jet black) how dark was the hairline compared to the rest of the head, I'd say around a 5. Again, using the ice pack straight after your treatment will not only help with the redness but what I've noticed is it also reduces the overall time the darkness lasts. When I first got the treatment done I didn't use an ice pack and the redness lasted a lot longer (around 36 hours) and the darkness lasted around 3 weeks. The laser removal team will have ice packs ready just ask for them straight after your treatment.

Extras:

You can cover the darkness with abit of your missus' foundation/concealer. Did the job for me.

The pain out of 10 I would say is around a 6.

Make sure you have an idea of how you want your hairline to look after the removal session so practice with a makeup pencil before coming to the clinic.

Different settings allow for different results. From parts of the hairline being slightly softened to totally removed. Make sure you explain to the practitioner exactly what you want.

Previously I had a very sharp hairline and side profiles and now I have a significantly softer overall look, exactly how I wanted it. The guys at the laser clinic are fantastic and will listen to all your needs and concerns. I can not fault the service one bit.

Like I said, I'm asian and have olive skin. So the answers above may not be 100% what you experience but should give you some idea on what to expect. Also being asian meant I needed an extra session. The lighter the skin the less the sessions and possibly less darkness.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#123 will

will

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Hi Katrina,

How much would I be looking at to get rid of my MHT? I've attached 2 photos. One of them covered with moisturiser lol - this would be the part I want lasered off. The second photo shows the current density.

I've been on the fence with a touch up or getting it removed for the past few months! I have very pale skin and my last session was over 2 years ago and it has faded a little. Do you think I'm likely to be able to get rid off it in one session?

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo-on-25-10-2015-at-15.40.jpg
  • Photo-on-25-10-2015-at-10.47-#2.jpg

#124 DodgyBarnet

DodgyBarnet

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hi Will,

Why would you want to get rid of it, it looks great in the picture?
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#125 will

will

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

Thanks Dodgybarnet!

I'm on the fence with it still. It would be nice just to be done with it, not having to worry about touch ups or people gazing at my head, not having to worry about the sun fading it or having to wet shave everything morning

I was just receeding in the corners when I had it done, but now I'm completely bald  on top, and the hair i do have left is extremely thick lol.

I'm much more confident now and hairloss does not bother me as much. I was actually booked in for a touch up a few months ago with (practitioner named, deleted), but I was really ill the morning off and cancelled last minute!

Hairloss has been a big part of my life since I was 18  it would just be nice to get it lazered off and not having to worry about anything at all! 

I'm going to think about it for another few months,

• Wanttobinmyhat and HIS - Ed like this

#126 Jaires

Jaires

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

I've had bad smp removed by picosure laser. Ink was completely gone after 3 sessions. Place I went had the most recent laser from Picosure. Now I've gotten a great smp! I wish I had known everything I now know about the different smp providers when I started out. I could have avoided so much grief and wouldn't have waisted so much money. I did lots of research, but I still had to get smp done incorrectly by two different smp places, and then get lasered, before finding a place that does it "right".

#127 Beast

Beast

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hi Katrina, do HIS offer laser transplant scar reduction prior to SMP

thanks

#128 HatingHats

HatingHats

Engineer and Questioning Skeptic

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

Will, your SMP is not dark enough. You need a touch-up with an appropriate shade to fully blend in with your sides. If you have that done, the appearance will be much better!

Family guy, Electrical Engineer, HIS SMPer and Dwemer Tonal Architect

SMP treatments finished on July 12th, 2013

Went from Norwood 4.5 to a realistic Norwood 1 - Pretty happy with my results!

Religions are based on faith, and Science takes nothing on faith and tests everything.  I prefer Science, It just works bitches!

#129 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

Will, your SMP is not dark enough. You need a touch-up with an appropriate shade to fully blend in with your sides. If you have that done, the appearance will be much better!

Hi HatingHats.

Did you mean to post this reply here? Just checking...

#130 mrman89

mrman89

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

Trying to find out about this but it won't let me make a post

#131 Rekke

Rekke

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hello! I did my second session 5 days ago. While I really do like the treatment, I absolutely hate my side profile. I'm thinking to laser it backwards so I get the receded look back. My question:

I had my smp 5 days ago. How long should I wait before I laser the side? Take note it's just a tiny bit of the smp I'm gonna laser

#132 2booth

2booth

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNottingham.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

I want a fullift smp removal as I have changed my mind after rushing into it withing two weeks where do I go from here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users