130 replies to this topic

#41 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi Katrina,

I'm currently contemplating the hairline laser option, could I send you a pic to the email posted above ?
Also, how long before the new hairline 'implantation' ? Do you proceed only when there's no 'shadow' left ?
Thanks

Hi Whitedots
Of course you can send me a picture no problem, a hairline takes 6 weeks to fade and I suggest you wait until then to get a touch up and get the best possible look that you want to achieve.

#42 maori

maori

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hi Kat,

Will your laser clinic invest in the new PicoSure laser someone else has mentioned? I've read a little bit about it and it seems to be much more efficient at removing pigments than the current Q-switched lasers. I believe that one user on this forum had his hairline lasered by the PicoSure laser and the hairline faded instantly i.e. it permanently disappeared right after the procedure. I think it would be really reassuring for people like me who are still debating whether to jump in this to know it could be removed so quickly. 

#43 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi Katrina - what's the down time post procedre? Can I go work the next day? If at a later date I want to 'soften' my hairline do I alwys need insert further ink to complete the hairline or can the laser procedre provide enough softness without further work? Thanks for info. Doing a great job.

Hi SiJo
It really depends on the individual. Some clients experience redness for a few hours and others maybe a day. The majority of my clients do not take time off work and it normalises pretty much straight away.
Several guys have not had to come back to me for a touch up of SMP and they are happy enough with the final result after the laser.

#44 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hi Maori

I will look into this for you and do a bit of research about it and I will give you an update in the next few days!

#45 maori

maori

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Katrina that would be great :) 

#46 SiJo

SiJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Many thanks for the reply Katrina - appreciate it.

#47 maori

maori

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

In regards to the darker area around were you got lasered unfortunately this is a side effect from the treatment, when the laser hits the desired area, the surrounding area heats up and coagulates the pigment making it slightly darker looking but in time this fades and will normalize.

Just to make sure I understood you correctly, does this refer to the area which is lasered? I.e. can the area which is lasered turn darker? Or is it the surrounding pigmented area which may change in colour? 

#48 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

In regards to the darker area around were you got lasered unfortunately this is a side effect from the treatment, when the laser hits the desired area, the surrounding area heats up and coagulates the pigment making it slightly darker looking but in time this fades and will normalize.

Just to make sure I understood you correctly, does this refer to the area which is lasered? I.e. can the area which is lasered turn darker? Or is it the surrounding pigmented area which may change in colour?

hi there no I mean the surrounding area not the actually area you got lasered. But I have seen in some cases for the first two/three weeks it can get darker first then fade away.

#49 maori

maori

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

hi there no I mean the surrounding area not the actually area you got lasered. But I have seen in some cases for the first two/three weeks it can get darker first then fade away.

Interesting. It is quite paradoxical that darkening would happen. From your experience, does the skin colour or pigment colour play a role in this?

#50 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

No not really to be honest. It's something I can't really avoid as my laser is sporadic and can attract to other ink -not removing it but heating it up therefore making the surrounding ink darker.

#51 maori

maori

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

No not really to be honest. It's something I can't really avoid as my laser is sporadic and can attract to other ink -not removing it but heating it up therefore making the surrounding ink darker.

I re-read your comment today and think I might have worded my last question badly. What I meant is darkening of the lasered area rather than the surrounding area :) sorry for my inadequate wording. Anyway do you think that skin colour or pigment colour play a role in that (i.e. darkening of the targeted/lasered  area as opposed to the surrounding area)? 

#52 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I re-read your comment today and think I might have worded my last question badly. What I meant is darkening of the lasered area rather than the surrounding area :) sorry for my inadequate wording. Anyway do you think that skin colour or pigment colour play a role in that (i.e. darkening of the targeted/lasered area as opposed to the surrounding area)?

hi Maori
The area that is lasered should only get darker for a small period then fade away over a number of weeks. Skin tone wouldn't really be a factor in this happening as the settings I use are all applied to match the skin tone of the individual. The darkening to the area happens to almost everyone. Hope that answers your question.

#53 b4ld

b4ld

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

HI katrina,

I'm looking to get laser hair removal on my remaining hair prior to smp. A few questions, has this been done before? How many sessions are required to remove the hair and over what duration? I have nw7 pattern hair loss and want to remove my current shadow so that a very light coloured smp can be applied all over without any blending issue.

#54 BigBlue888

BigBlue888

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hi Katrina,

Any chance of you ever coming to NY? (or other US clinics for those interested). I want to remove/revise a small area on the right side of my hairline, but I feel a bit uncomfortable going to an outside laser clinic to have this done and I can't afford to go to England at this time. I spoke to HIS and they mentioned that they could possibly be getting laser center in the US but they were not sure how long this would take. It would be awesome if you could visit the States and work on some of us here in the meantime  :) 

#55 SiJo

SiJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi Katrina, going back to your answer for Maori, are you saying darkening will always take place of the lasered area or is there a chance darkening can be avoided somehow?

#56 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

HI katrina,
I'm looking to get laser hair removal on my remaining hair prior to smp. A few questions, has this been done before? How many sessions are required to remove the hair and over what duration? I have nw7 pattern hair loss and want to remove my current shadow so that a very light coloured smp can be applied all over without any blending issue.

yes this has been done before only several times. Most people are prepared to just shave their head. 6 sessions are required to get a considerable amount of reduction on the area. You would need to come every 6 weeks for a treatment on the head area.

#57 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

Hi Katrina,

Any chance of you ever coming to NY? (or other US clinics for those interested). I want to remove/revise a small area on the right side of my hairline, but I feel a bit uncomfortable going to an outside laser clinic to have this done and I can't afford to go to England at this time. I spoke to HIS and they mentioned that they could possibly be getting laser center in the US but they were not sure how long this would take. It would be awesome if you could visit the States and work on some of us here in the meantime :)

hi big blue yes the plan is to branch out to the United States but it will not be happening until next year but I will certainly update you on any info in the future.

#58 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hi Katrina, going back to your answer for Maori, are you saying darkening will always take place of the lasered area or is there a chance darkening can be avoided somehow?

the darkening is only really noticeable on the surrounding area of where I've removed this is short term and will normalize in time. To avoid it to a certain degree I can apply an ice pack to the area before and after the treatment to prevent the amount of darkening accuring.

#59 Fred

Fred

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Is there a rough estimate I could get in regards to removing an inch off my hairline? Also, as i am black I was told I'd need to come in to remove a test patch first. Is this still the case? Finally, what time does the clinic close? as it's £25 for me to get there by train and about ten pounds more by car including petrol, parking and congestion charge. As it's only for a few minutes I'd rather drive and avoid paying the congestion charge. 

#60 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Is there a rough estimate I could get in regards to removing an inch off my hairline? Also, as i am black I was told I'd need to come in to remove a test patch first. Is this still the case? Finally, what time does the clinic close? as it's £25 for me to get there by train and about ten pounds more by car including petrol, parking and congestion charge. As it's only for a few minutes I'd rather drive and avoid paying the congestion charge.

Yes friend to alter or remove the hairline it is £150+Vat so £180 in total. You need to have a test patch which is £48 incl Vat and then come back two weeks later to have the full procedure done. I am in the clinic until 8pm most evenings so let me know if you would like to book in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users