#21 Magic

Magic

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Thank you for doing this Katrina.

How much per session or square inch to laser off regular tattoos to a point it can be covered?

#22 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi there Magic

I would have to see a picture of the tattoo first to give you an exact quote. For a regular tattoo it can take up to a minimum of 8 to 15 session for full removal, if you wanted to just get a cover up it can take half that depending on what your tattoo artist suggests. If you would like to send me a pic, post it on the forum whatever you feel more comfortable with.

#23 joemay24

joemay24

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hi Katrina,
Since it is not possible for me to come to the UK to have a laser treatment, I have to go to a tattoo removal clinic in my area. Is there any specific info I need to explain to the practitioner who doesn't know about Smp on how to go about removing it?

#24 Tsr

Tsr

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Great thread ! Lovely as katrina seems I have no plans to See her anytime soon ! #### and #### did their job way to well ;)

#25 maori

maori

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hi there Maori

Yes you are right skin tone is a factor and you will see from another post I answered that the darker the skin the more careful I have to be with my energy levels as skin type 3 and upwards are more prone to pigmentation. Darker skin types will need probably 3 session maybe 4 and it will be gone.

I have removed 3 full heads in total and I have done many softening of hairlines which have all been very successful.

In regards to hair follicles being destroyed I cannot give you a 100% guarantee that I will not destroy any hairs whatsoever. BUT. If any hair does get destroyed we are looking at a 1 and 5% chance of some hairs being destroyed. You must remember your head is full of millions of hair follicles alive and dormant so you will not notice losing 1 or two hairs.
Immediately when I do the treatment the pigment disappears straight away and a white steam substance comes to the surface of the skin which is a perfect reaction, after several seconds the ink returns to the surface and it looks back to normal. I must stress that you will not see a fading until 6-8 weeks down the line.

First of all thanks Kat for the useful information. Did the guys who removed their full smp only need 2 sessions? Thanks once again

#26 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yes one client only needed one treatment and the other 2 clients had 2 sessions and it was gone.

#27 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi Joe

First of all they need to use a Q Switched Ndyag laser on a 1064 wavelength for the removal. All they need to use is a medium spot size and low enough energy to get the right reaction.
The number one thing to remember is that the technician has to be experienced it doesn't matter if they have the best machine in the world if it gets in the wrong hands you could seriously get scarred so make sure they are qualified and have a few years experience in the industry.

#28 joemay24

joemay24

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the info Kat..very helpful indeed.

#29 MaxG

MaxG

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

You have to know that Katrina performs better if you bring U2 tunes to play during your session ;-)

SMP (2 strip scars from 3 HT): http://forum.hishair...5-28-days-to-go
#1 July 8th 2013 w/ Daz #32
#2 July 15th 2013 w/ Daz #30 #32
#3 July 20th 2013 w/ Katrina #32
#4 August 13th 2013 w/ Katrina #30 #32

#5 February 24th 2014 Touch up w/ Katrina #30 #32

#6 April 16th 2014 New hairline 1/2 w/ Katrina #32

#7 April 23rd 2014 New hairline 2/2 w/ Katrina #32

#8 January 26th 2016 New hairline + touch up 1/2 w/ Jeremie #30 #32

#9 February 2nd 2016 New hairline + touch up 2/2 w/ Jeremie #30 #32

#10 March 1st 2016 Quick touch up (HL) w/ J #32

#30 Bluewhale

Bluewhale

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

i had laser removal treatment (for a very small part of hairline) in laseraway in LA , not happy at all, pretty much nothing was gone just faded slightly and they say i need another session was not cheap either

#31 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

You have to know that Katrina performs better if you bring U2 tunes to play during your session ;-)

Thats right MaxG lol :)

#32 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for the info Kat..very helpful indeed.

No Problem Joe your very welcome.

#33 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

i had laser removal treatment (for a very small part of hairline) in laseraway in LA , not happy at all, pretty much nothing was gone just faded slightly and they say i need another session was not cheap either

Hi Bluewhale sometimes clients get slower results than others but I am surprised if it was just a little area that it hasn't disappeared yet. Did the ink turn white straight after the pigment hit it? If not the pigment has not been broken up properly and the technician did not use the right settings.

#34 Bluewhale

Bluewhale

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

i believe it did turn white instantly but now it is barely faded and a part of it looks pretty dark as if it was never lasered , how soon can i go to another session , ? my skin looks pretty good now , i did it prbly 10 days ago

#35 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

i believe it did turn white instantly but now it is barely faded and a part of it looks pretty dark as if it was never lasered , how soon can i go to another session , ? my skin looks pretty good now , i did it prbly 10 days ago

Hi Bluewhale
Well this makes sense to me now, the reason why it hasn't faded is because it was only 10 days ago you will not see the fade until 5 weeks it fades over time it is not a week or two weeks its up to 6-8 weeks that you will see a significant difference. I suggest you go back 6 weeks after you've had the first treatment no sooner than that.
In regards to the darker area around were you got lasered unfortunately this is a side effect from the treatment, when the laser hits the desired area, the surrounding area heats up and coagulates the pigment making it slightly darker looking but in time this fades and will normalize.

#36 Bluewhale

Bluewhale

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

oh , good to know , so even when done by HIS laser removal it takes that long? , i was more anxious since SNM (Scar no more) user had it done with what is called Pico laser (new tech) and it took a week and it was gone

#37 Katrina

Katrina

HIS Practitioner

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

oh , good to know , so even when done by HIS laser removal it takes that long? , i was more anxious since SNM (Scar no more) user had it done with what is called Pico laser (new tech) and it took a week and it was gone

Yes when it is done by our laser it takes the same amount of time. But I have had several clients that it has disappeared after a week BUT I have also had a lot of clients that it has taken 6 weeks or more. It all depends on how quick your immune system reacts to it.

#38 WannabeMHT

WannabeMHT

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

If you are in L.A., check out Celebrity Laser Spa with Dr. Kaplan. They have the new PicoSure Laser. Reasonably priced too. Take care.

#39 whitedots

whitedots

Super Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hi Katrina,

I'm currently contemplating the hairline laser option, could I send you a pic to the email posted above ?

Also, how long before the new hairline 'implantation' ? Do you proceed only when there's no 'shadow' left ?

Thanks

1st session 19/07/2013

2nd session 24/07/2013

1st laser session 04/10/2013 - hairline

2nd laser session 11/2013 - whole head

3rd laser session 02/2014 - partial

(...)

new smp pending adequate timeframe

my threads:

http://forum.hishair...7-anchors-away/

http://forum.hishair...ne-else-got-it/

#40 SiJo

SiJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hi Katrina - what's the down time post procedre? Can I go work the next day? If at a later date I want to 'soften' my hairline do I alwys need insert further ink to complete the hairline or can the laser procedre provide enough softness without further work? Thanks for info. Doing a great job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users