damien

Information About Removal Of Smp By Laser

Hi Joe

First of all they need to use a Q Switched Ndyag laser on a 1064 wavelength for the removal. All they need to use is a medium spot size and low enough energy to get the right reaction.

The number one thing to remember is that the technician has to be experienced it doesn't matter if they have the best machine in the world if it gets in the wrong hands you could seriously get scarred so make sure they are qualified and have a few years experience in the industry.

i had laser removal treatment (for a very small part of hairline) in laseraway in LA , not happy at all, pretty much nothing was gone just faded slightly and they say i need another session was not cheap either

i had laser removal treatment (for a very small part of hairline) in laseraway in LA , not happy at all, pretty much nothing was gone just faded slightly and they say i need another session was not cheap either
Hi Bluewhale sometimes clients get slower results than others but I am surprised if it was just a little area that it hasn't disappeared yet. Did the ink turn white straight after the pigment hit it? If not the pigment has not been broken up properly and the technician did not use the right settings.

i believe it did turn white instantly but now it is barely faded and a part of it looks pretty dark as if it was never lasered , how soon can i go to another session , ? my skin looks pretty good now , i did it prbly 10 days ago

i believe it did turn white instantly but now it is barely faded and a part of it looks pretty dark as if it was never lasered , how soon can i go to another session , ? my skin looks pretty good now , i did it prbly 10 days ago

Hi Bluewhale

Well this makes sense to me now, the reason why it hasn't faded is because it was only 10 days ago you will not see the fade until 5 weeks it fades over time it is not a week or two weeks its up to 6-8 weeks that you will see a significant difference. I suggest you go back 6 weeks after you've had the first treatment no sooner than that.

In regards to the darker area around were you got lasered unfortunately this is a side effect from the treatment, when the laser hits the desired area, the surrounding area heats up and coagulates the pigment making it slightly darker looking but in time this fades and will normalize.

oh , good to know , so even when done by HIS laser removal it takes that long? , i was more anxious since SNM (Scar no more) user had it done with what is called Pico laser (new tech) and it took a week and it was gone

oh , good to know , so even when done by HIS laser removal it takes that long? , i was more anxious since SNM (Scar no more) user had it done with what is called Pico laser (new tech) and it took a week and it was gone

Yes when it is done by our laser it takes the same amount of time. But I have had several clients that it has disappeared after a week BUT I have also had a lot of clients that it has taken 6 weeks or more. It all depends on how quick your immune system reacts to it.

If you are in L.A., check out Celebrity Laser Spa with Dr. Kaplan. They have the new PicoSure Laser. Reasonably priced too. Take care.

Hi Katrina,

I'm currently contemplating the hairline laser option, could I send you a pic to the email posted above ?

Also, how long before the new hairline 'implantation' ? Do you proceed only when there's no 'shadow' left ?

Thanks

Hi Katrina - what's the down time post procedre? Can I go work the next day? If at a later date I want to 'soften' my hairline do I alwys need insert further ink to complete the hairline or can the laser procedre provide enough softness without further work? Thanks for info. Doing a great job.

Hi Katrina,

I'm currently contemplating the hairline laser option, could I send you a pic to the email posted above ?

Also, how long before the new hairline 'implantation' ? Do you proceed only when there's no 'shadow' left ?

Thanks

Hi Whitedots

Of course you can send me a picture no problem, a hairline takes 6 weeks to fade and I suggest you wait until then to get a touch up and get the best possible look that you want to achieve.

Hi Kat,

Will your laser clinic invest in the new PicoSure laser someone else has mentioned? I've read a little bit about it and it seems to be much more efficient at removing pigments than the current Q-switched lasers. I believe that one user on this forum had his hairline lasered by the PicoSure laser and the hairline faded instantly i.e. it permanently disappeared right after the procedure. I think it would be really reassuring for people like me who are still debating whether to jump in this to know it could be removed so quickly. 

Hi Katrina - what's the down time post procedre? Can I go work the next day? If at a later date I want to 'soften' my hairline do I alwys need insert further ink to complete the hairline or can the laser procedre provide enough softness without further work? Thanks for info. Doing a great job.

Hi SiJo

It really depends on the individual. Some clients experience redness for a few hours and others maybe a day. The majority of my clients do not take time off work and it normalises pretty much straight away.

Several guys have not had to come back to me for a touch up of SMP and they are happy enough with the final result after the laser.

In regards to the darker area around were you got lasered unfortunately this is a side effect from the treatment, when the laser hits the desired area, the surrounding area heats up and coagulates the pigment making it slightly darker looking but in time this fades and will normalize.

Just to make sure I understood you correctly, does this refer to the area which is lasered? I.e. can the area which is lasered turn darker? Or is it the surrounding pigmented area which may change in colour? 

Just to make sure I understood you correctly, does this refer to the area which is lasered? I.e. can the area which is lasered turn darker? Or is it the surrounding pigmented area which may change in colour?

hi there no I mean the surrounding area not the actually area you got lasered. But I have seen in some cases for the first two/three weeks it can get darker first then fade away.

hi there no I mean the surrounding area not the actually area you got lasered. But I have seen in some cases for the first two/three weeks it can get darker first then fade away.

Interesting. It is quite paradoxical that darkening would happen. From your experience, does the skin colour or pigment colour play a role in this?

No not really to be honest. It's something I can't really avoid as my laser is sporadic and can attract to other ink -not removing it but heating it up therefore making the surrounding ink darker.