whitedots

Anchors Away

After much consideration I went ahead with the treatment, but after feeling elated post 1st treatment, I now feel the hairline has been lowered too much (2nd session), giving it an odd appearance. I was never a hat fan but couldn't take it off on the flight home. :\

I've asked HIS for the pics they took and will post them once I get them.. just wanted to vent a bit. I probably should've documented what I was going for and shown it to the practitioner, but I only found out Damon wouldn't be doing my treatment on the day of my 1st session.. and the 'templates' I was going for were his 'needlework', bullybully and raymond. Probably a bit to eager to back down at the last minute I suppose. the fue scars I had are almost unnoticeable though.

I have 2 choices now: I go to a laser removal clinic and try to 'photoshop' the hairline to a more natural one, or I cancel the planned vacation I had for august. Is alexandrite the only option ? I think IPL is the mainstream in Portugal.

best of luck to everyone considering/undergoing treatment

we did discuss the hairline, and since HIS took pictures I don't want to speculate on whether the border was trespassed or not, may have been poor judgement on my part. hence the laser question.

I hope to receive the pics soon, I'll post them then

Hello there,

Sorry for being blunt.

Yes you did go too far in my opinion. It's way too aggressive.

Poor judgement on your part yes. Poor judgementby the practioner double yes!

Personally I would be mad at my practitioner if he or she allowed me to do something that is so blatantly wrong or out of place.

Please don't hate me.

I really don't know how to sugarcoat the truth.

I am not saying the treatment looks bad. I am saying that the hairline looks odd and out of place because either you or your practioner got it wrong in terms of placement.

The sad part is that the treatment itself is rather nice. Nice shape, pointed look, nice density, nice color macthing.

Even more sad and quite frankly irritating is that you had the great fortune to have some of your existing hairline still in place.

You should have just followed the natural design. THAT'S IT!!!!!!

The big problem is that your hairline is so low now that makes your forehead look too short. In fairness you did have quite a low peak even in the before picture. It is precisely for this reason that you should have not gone even further down.

This is my Honest opinion.

I tell it like it is. When I do mine and something is wrong with it I want people to say it to me flat out.

I prefer it this way. 

I apologize in advance if I hurt your feelings.

No problem whatsoever, if I manage to show u a pic of where the hairline was post 1st session you'll see it was more natural then. I did ask for the peak but wanted it natural looking, of course. blending is very nice, color matching is still uncertain as fading will ensue. I was quoted for 4 sessions so laser or not I believe it is fixable, just a bit annoyed at the fact I won't get peace of mind anytime soon

I actually think your treatment as a whole looks great.  Am I mistaken in assuming they followed your transplanted hairline? The peak was a nice touch as well.  Either way I wouldn't worry about it too much, like you said there are still more sessions ahead.  Definitely to early to consider lasering though.  

Personally I think it looks great, and not odd at all. Very natural IMO. Maybe its different in real life as everyone notices stuff on them self more than others. Good luck getting the result you want, I'm sure you'll get there.

Hiya matey

I am also struggling to see any problems with your treatment (possibly a minor touch up on that right temple, hard to say this early), i honestly think it looks ace. The hairline is very low but i think this really suits you luckily and doesnt look unnatural in your case. I cant really see how the practitioner could have done the hairline any higher without it looking very odd when i look at your pre treatment picture. Once it settles over the next few weeks everything will look totally more natural so dont hit that panic button just yet B)

Agree with Chops and Honda... your mht goes down to your hairline that is evident in picture 2 (before treatment). What was your practitioner supposed to do- stop short of your hairline? Then you'd have an MHT hairline but random hairs growing out of what would now appear to be your forehead.

I think you're fine and will get used to it. I also think it looks great I wish I could have a lower hairline but they had to stop at where my natural hairline was... just like they did for you.

Sorry Piperz, not sure I agree with you on that one.

At first glance I thought his hairline was too low, but if you look at his second photo you'll notice that his natural / transplanted hairline is actually much lower than average anyway. For this reason, following his existing hairline would have been the practitioners best and only option.

Whitedots, honestly I think it looks great, and I'm not seeing the issue with your side profile either.

Ultimately it doesnt matter what any of us think, myself included. If you're not happy with your hairline, call the clinic and ask to go visit for a free assessment. Just dont fall into the trap of over-scrutinising yourself, because that will make you unhappy whether you adjust your hairline or not.

to me it also looks like you already had a very lowered hairline(ht?),so they kind of followed.

if you dont like it you still can correct it : laser off the smp little higher and then laser off your remain transplanted hairline follicles? 

the smp looks very good on you though  :)

Ok guys.

I do agree with you with the fact that his natural hairline was already very low. As Damien pointed out you can see this in picture 2.

Despite this I am 90% sure that the SMP went even lower. I might be mistaken.

White dots would you be so kind to tell us if the SMP is lower than your natural hairline?

thank you

I like it. Kinda agree with Piperz to a point....But I am also miffed as to why people walk in a clinic, decide with their practitioner to the choice of hairline, then are un-happy. :/

Knowing this is a "permanent solution" Do people not take their time to ensure things are as close to 100%?!

I like it. Kinda agree with Piperz to a point....But I am also miffed as to why people walk in a clinic, decide with their practitioner to the choice of hairline, then are un-happy. :/

Knowing this is a "permanent solution" Do people not take their time to ensure things are as close to 100%?!

I agree, but sometimes in the heat of the moment........ Its a very emotive process, talking to someone about how you want to look for the rest of your life. Its not always easy to be methodical when in that situation.

For me it's bit to low as well but they followed your natural hairline which maybe was naturally too low as well (or was it a new one from the HT?)

Before lasering it, think a bit more about it, share more pictures with us with your entire face. We need to see your face down to the chin to give you a good feedback. And what has been done looks great, I love the shape.

thank you for the feedback (all of it), but I do remember the exact moment when I looked in the mirror near the end of session 2 and noticed it was lower than I intended to go. Thought it might have something to do with the redness and inflamation and asked for the odd dot here and there, unconscious damage control I think.

the temples could do with a dot spray, but what worries me is that the hairline is too straight once it 'leaves the peak' .. and yes, further down than the pre treatment and the 1st session one - I had an FUE transplant last year but the hairline came out fine, natural looking at least.

If you check ou ScarnoMore's thread, you'll see what I mean with 'too straight'.. he had his lasered and looks much more natural now (even before the touch up). straight hairlines can look good on a few white guys, but they're mainly for asians and blacks. And yes, I do think it looks good from some angles.. just want to be 100% happy with it

some more pics

post-247631-0-15854400-1375199680_thumb.jpg post-247631-0-32190300-1375199690_thumb.jpg post-247631-0-19855900-1375199701_thumb.jpg

I think HIS needs to have a professional 'Mock' service right before applying the permanent  ink so we can see how we will look like , playing with the eyeliner and maskara at home is fine but not enough .also the white marker we have in HIS does not give the full picture

From the static photos, to me, your hairline level looks good.

How long is it since your second session?

Bear in mind that the treatment does looks a little dark and "in your face" for a week or 2, - after 3 - 4 weeks of settling it will look much more subtle. 

I think HIS needs to have a professional 'Mock' service right before applying the permanent  ink so we can see how we will look like , playing with the eyeliner and maskara at home is fine but not enough .also the white marker we have in HIS does not give the full picture

I have thought this, and to be honest, I think it's weird that they haven't got this already.. - I know of hairdressing shops who have this facility, so you think something which is much more permanent and expensive would also

yes, jagged is probably the word I should've used. but doing that now would just bring the hairline further down. probably the way to go is laser -> jagged, end of august early september. gonna see how it settles, it's been a week since session 2.

Whitedots.......surely you can tell if it is too low a hairline or not.........you should be able to see where your original hairline was by frowning......you will se the outline.........it may be harder to see now you have ink there........but as long as the SMP has not proceeded further than your original hairline then it should be fine.........the hairline in general is pretty decent.......some people go waaaaaaaaay to linear/angular, yours has a more natural flow to it, making it look realistic enough.