• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 creklaw

creklaw

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Well I thought after reading such wonderful posts on here, I would start my own diary. Im a forum member newbie but I've been reading it for a long time and many of the posts have been instrumental in my final decision to make the leap - so I feel its only right to share my experience too.

I started losing my hair probably when I was about 23/24. It was gradual at the front until one day I was sitting on the floor at uni, and someone sitting on a chair said wow, youre really losing your hair on your crown. To be honest it didn't really bug me that much I got on with life and tried to disguise it at the front with a longer fringe.

Fast forward to 2008, and I graduate and decide Asia is the place for me. So I get my backpack and head to Bangkok to teach. Of course, its amazing but that's another story. However keeping the fringe looking full took its toll. So one day I decide to shave it off and I worried because I just knew I wouldn't suit it - and I didn't. I have whiter than white skin and I looked like I was ill. I remember once being out with friends and one person said to me - you look like a leukaemia patient!

Anyway, cue a few years of shaving it off and growing into the look. Now my friends say they cant imagine me without the look, and after a few discussion about getting a hair transplant - many of them said they didn't even realise my hair was receding because its shave off anyway. Maybe they're just being nice! :)  However, as you are probably aware, its easy to be conscious about it all the time, and when I am not at work, I live pretty much my whole life in a cap. Indeed in my local supermarket they ask me to take it off (in case I steal something under it!) and I refuse but they know me now and don't ask! I know I look much younger with my cap/beanie on - people always comment on how young I look but if I don't have the cap I feel older than my years.

Anyway after a few years of research I made the decision to get hair transplant surgery - not the strip but the one where they transplant the follicles. Well I am pretty bad at saving - I have an okay paid job and very few bills (now I have move away from the UK!) but Bangkok is fun fun fun and I spend a lot...so something drastic was in order to get the money. I moved to Vietnam on a tiny island - it doesn't even have a shop. The job itself gives free food and housing so I have finally been able to save for my procedure. So its taken me two years to save for the procedure and my other goal which was to save in order to go to a Muay Thai fitness camp for 6 months - so when I leave here in July its off to Hong Kong and then Phuket for 6 months of training.

Come the end of 2012 and I already knew about HIS but my friend had decided to get the hair transplant strip :o . So I hop over to Bangkok to see it. He was only receding a little but had a new hairline put in etc. But I didn't like it - the hair was wispy and didn't look real. So there and then I though I am definitely going the SMP route. And after reading everyone's positive results I think I have made the right decision.

I live close to Hong Kong so I am going to go there for 10 days. My first of three procedures is with Jonathan on the 15th July. To say I am excited would be an understatement.

Here a few pre-treatment head shots. I feel quite fortunate in that my hair loss started and finished about 10 years ago it hasn't changed at all for years- so im hoping the SMP will last a while but I'm fine with touch ups. I'm a bit nervous about the pain (I needed 7 injections for a clean at the dentist) as I am a ginge and we feel pain more  ;) . 

Anyway thank you to anyone who has taken the time out to share the story here and bolster the confidence of so many considering the treatment. I will of course post updated photos after each treatment!

I'm also nervous about my light skin tone as the treatment sometimes looks a bit fake in some of the photos I have seen- so I am def going for the subtle look! My eyebrows are white with a gingery tinge and I often get mistaken for a monk - seriously lol. I have asked Jonathan about this and he is referring me to an eyebrow pigmentation clinic next door to HIS. Does anyone have any experience or advice about this? I wish I could get them done at the same time with SMP!

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has been to the HK clinic.

Hairline (01).jpg Hairline (02).jpg Hairline (03).jpg Hairline (04).jpg Hairline (05).jpg

#2 SkinheadBoi

SkinheadBoi

• Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationUp a Tree

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Good luck with your treatment. I agree some of the pics of pale guys don't look as good, however most pics on here are taken with mobile phones and I can assure you it looks ten times better when taken with a top quality camera and in real life. I can vouch for that.

#3 MAB

MAB

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBrum

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Welcome and good luck creklaw.

Regarding your light skin tone, I wouldn't worry about that. It's as much to do with the density of your hair as well as skin tone. Paler skin with high density means there will be a greater contrast between the two. If your hair is less dense then they will match it accordingly which in turn gives a softer look.

Before SMP did you ever look at a pale,shaven headed dark haired man, with dense follicles and say that's a tattoo? Everybody looks better with a tan, especially shaven headed guys. A bit extreme I know but I've stared at that many heads since finding this, I'm sure I'm gonna get clouted or arrested.

Sometimes we are looking at subjects from an "SMP" perspective and we start seeing things with a critical eye. Photographs can be a pain at times, even the good ones do not tell the full story and can hide or highlight things in an exaggerated fashion.

You will be fine, work with the practitioner and you'll get what you want.

#4 berlin canary

berlin canary

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

good luck mate 

you´ll love it !

like skinheadboi said it looks much better in real life as opposed to the pics on here !

• SkinheadBoi likes this

#5 Remingtonchap

Remingtonchap

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationWest midlands uk favela

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yes jonathan is a master..
He did mine a couple of years ago..
Heres a couple examples of his work in HK..
http://forum.hishair...y-in-hong-kong/
http://forum.hishair...up-and-running/

#6 BullyBully

BullyBully

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

How is your treatment looking these days Remingtonchap. Looking at your pictures from last year it had lightened up a little but still looked very natural.

Part way through treatment and very happy   :)

#7 creklaw

creklaw

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

MAB lol I am the same constantly looking at peoples heads and thinking you could do with SMP! Remingtonchap thankyou so much, the one from Billy was very good and gives me even more confidence. For a 'pale male' like me his result was amazing.

I will update once I have had the first treatment...plane tickets booked but I am still deliberating over accommodation its so expensive im considering couchsurfing or airbnb but would like the luxury of a hotel!

#8 creklaw

creklaw

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Good luck with your treatment. I agree some of the pics of pale guys don't look as good, however most pics on here are taken with mobile phones and I can assure you it looks ten times better when taken with a top quality camera and in real life. I can vouch for that.

thanks skinheadboi  hope so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users