Photo

Aaaaand two sessions booked. Bye bye alopecia :)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Coolcat

Coolcat

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hello fellow  baldies  shaved heads ? 

After a year of trying more or less all the crappy hairloss drugs out there, a lot of frustration, and a healty dose of depression, I finally gave up on all the pills,

shampoo, lotions, all the BULLSHIT only efficient at relieving my wallet. And I booked two SMP sessions in Paris.

background : Started balding at the ripe old age of 16. Started noticing at 17, worriying at 18, went to my dermatologist which confirmed that I was follicularly screwed.

Not especially pleasant at such young age... Anyway balding is a shitty experience that all of you have gone through so I won't bore you stiff with mundane details.

Long story short, I'm finally about to get it solved, definitely I hope . 19 at the moment, so I guess I'm among the youngest who took the leap.

I look forward to it, even if I feel rather nervous. 

Ps : Thank to all those who shared their experience, answered questions (impressive effort from Damien really) and quieted fears. For as a newcomer, they really helped me to make up my mind about HIS.

Wish me luck, I'll make sure to update with pics before and after when It's done.  Take care everyone   :)

#2 MaxG

MaxG

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Well done! Me too I can't wait to get my treatment done.

SMP (2 strip scars from 3 HT): http://forum.hishair...5-28-days-to-go
#1 July 8th 2013 w/ Daz #32
#2 July 15th 2013 w/ Daz #30 #32
#3 July 20th 2013 w/ Katrina #32
#4 August 13th 2013 w/ Katrina #30 #32

#5 February 24th 2014 Touch up w/ Katrina #30 #32

#6 April 16th 2014 New hairline 1/2 w/ Katrina #32

#7 April 23rd 2014 New hairline 2/2 w/ Katrina #32

#8 January 26th 2016 New hairline + touch up 1/2 w/ Jeremie #30 #32

#9 February 2nd 2016 New hairline + touch up 2/2 w/ Jeremie #30 #32

#10 March 1st 2016 Quick touch up (HL) w/ J #32

#3 Coolcat

Coolcat

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Appointments will be the 8th and 14th of June.

His informed me that Virginia would be my practitionner.

#4 Buckyohair

Buckyohair

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Good luck mate.

#5 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Appointments will be the 8th and 14th of June.

His informed me that Virginia would be my practitionner.

Informe us man.

I think Virginia will be mine too if I get it done in Spain.

Yes, shaved heads look bald under harsh lights!

#6 Coolcat

Coolcat

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Informe us man.

I think Virginia will be mine too if I get it done in Spain.

From what I've seen on the forum she does  great job. But I'll see for myself soon enough :)

#7 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Ian has asked me to drop this photo onto your thread. This is Virginias latest client, although I dont have any background knowledge about this guy.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#8 Coolcat

Coolcat

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Looks great !

thank you Damien.

Also I've send you a private message about some questions I have about logistic issue that didnt deserve a public thread also, if you could help :)

#9 llandel

llandel

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

courage la fin du calvaire est proche!!

#10 Coolcat

Coolcat

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Oui merci, j'ai hâte !

#11 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Good luck. You are on the right track by going with SMP early on, instead of spending years of your life going through the process of balding and spending thousands on failed transplants and treatments.

#12 Coolcat

Coolcat

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well it's been 1 week since my first session.

I thought I would wait the usual week in order for the ink to settle and redness to disappear before taking pics, but turns out it wasn't a good idea...

First of all, I was REALLY bluffed by the treatment right after the first session... Honestly, even from a very close distance it was amazing, it blended perfectly with existing hair, and looked amazing, my practitionner Virginia really know her stuff ! All my family looked from a very close distance, they couldn't see the difference between dots and hair if it wasn't for the post-tatoo redness. My practitionner, Virginia, was really sympathic and did a true professionnal work :)

But it faded. Not the regular and expected fading after washing your hair after a few days, but pretty hardcore fading... I mean, one week after, there's not much left of the treatment. I have pretty severe dandruffs and oily scalp (linked to alopecia ), and noticed little flakes of skin going away with dots of ink on them. So I strongly suspect that my severe drandruff problem is the cause of fading.

I guess that my scalp didn't hold the ink well at all. I'm kinda disapointed, since it looked really GREAT the days following the first session. I found that SMP mimics real hair perfectly !

I know that the standard is three treatments and that fading issues are common. But seriously, one week after a treatment, having all of your tatoo to disappear? (not just patches, it's all around)

l'll get my second treatment asap, and tell my practitionner about this issue. Certainly that with deeper and darker dots than normal, the ink won't go away so easily

Hope the same thing won't happen again, because SMP does look great and it feel bad to see it disappear (not even talking about the money )

Well it's bad luck I have this scalp condition, but I'm still on my journey and didn't expect it to be a one shot anyway!  I'll uptade when I have my next treatment done, and take pics right after the treatment this time  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users