• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chgobuzz1

chgobuzz1

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

I just wanted to say that Brian did a great first session with me Friday 02/15.  I have extensive transplant scarring and he did all of it and more in the 4 hours we had. Also he went over the top/front where I do have some thin transplanted hair growing. Seeing it on myself is amazing.
I would be happy to meet anyone here in Chicago to show what has been done even after just one session. We have 3 more booked the next 3 Fridays. I am excited to be moving forward and Brian has been great.

Chgobuzz1

#2 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Great news. Good to hear that you're happy. Are you going to post a picture of your transformation for us too see the 'magic'?

My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#3 dot

dot

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

good to hear all went well!! i met with Brian and Mat on the 8th of feb for my consultation. i learned that Brian will be performing the process on me as well..dont for get to post some pics for us to see if ya get the time.

#4 chgobuzz1

chgobuzz1

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I did not take any "before" pictures but the scarring in the HT donor area was like a chess board effect with darker  stubbled sections and much lighter sections missing any stubble. A sort of pattern of alternating dots where hair had been extracted and scarred skin healed but a different color. This is on the left, middle and right side of my head all around, many HT grafts were taken out over several years of doing that. Plus a couple of line excision scars as well. The one picture is the top/crown where I have the HT hair growing although thin. Brian filled in within that exisiting hairline and did not extend beyond it farther down my forehead. My thought is that it will look natural and allow me to make some use out of these very expensive transplants if I wish to grow them to a couple MM's or an eighth of an inch at times if I like that look for the top with the back/sides shaved. These pictures were taken 48 hours after the first session. Most of the redness had already faded. Even after just one session the scars are nearly covered and look much like the surrounding hair/skin.  I do want to explain that in the last couple years I did have a fraxel laser used 3 or 4 times on this donor area at high intensity. I had the belief the laser would shrink these "dots" of scarred skin to a point of erasing them. That of course did not happen but the scarred areas did smooth out, shrink a bit and no raised  or uneven sections remained. I do feel this laser work  has helped with the result I have now after only 1 session. I have been out and about with no one at all glancing at my head or viewing any of this look out of the ordinary. It has lightened somewhat since Friday when it was first done. I remain excited about the second session next Friday. As someone who did extensive hair transplants some 15 years ago and never achieved a really full, undectectable look, I find this process amazing so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130217_130937.jpg
  • 20130217_130809.jpg
  • 20130217_130631.jpg

Chgobuzz1

#5 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Looks really good man!

Can you say some more about  your fraxel treatments?  What did you use - repair, restore, or dual?  How long after a treatment do you think someone should wait before going ahead with the mht?  What was the price?

I think im going to get fraxel done on my ht strip scar, and i've been trying to research the topic recently.  It seems that fraxel repair is more aggressive than restore or dual, and requires less sessions...  repair seems like the one i would want to do, if there aren't any big problems with it.  I'd really like to only have one fraxel session (or maybe 2, i guess).

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#6 chgobuzz1

chgobuzz1

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

I used here in Chicago a Pixel brand fraxel laser. I went to a dermatologist who has many types of lasers. I was his first HT scar patient so he was not sure of the intensity level and started out on a low power setting. He waited 1 month in between each session. I noticed a smoothing effect right away after a few days. It was red and burned a bit for a day afterward. A fractional laser or fraxel does not emit a solid light but hits a portion of the skin only, with repeated passes all of the skin is hit. That is what gives it the ability to work faster and with less burning than other lasers. The skin just responds better to a partial or fractional light beam rather than a constant one is what I learned. As his first patient he charged very little per session and was  not interested in making a great deal of money, more in trying to help me. He actually was an early HT patient himself in 1969. He had little hairloss though and just did his front hair line. He still wears very long hair which conceals any donor scarring or grafts at the front. He is in his 80's and still practicing and learning.  They tell me this laser stimulates collegen production which helps heals scar tissue and restore some blood flow. I speak only for myself when I give an opinion that it has reduced my scarring and possibly enabled a better application of the HIS ink process so far.

Chgobuzz1

#7 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Looks like you're on to a winner ChgoBuzz1

My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

0 user(s) are reading this topic