• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JSJ

JSJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

<pre>Hello everyone, </pre>
<pre>After many months observing this forum I finally decided to do it. If I was not able to feedback and stories on this forum I probably wouldn't have done it, so this post is mostly to contribute help other people who are considering it.

I am a 21 years old man from Denmark. I have always been very social, extrovert and confident in whatever i do. When I was 17 my hair was slightly receding, but it was nothing I really worried about at that time. Two years later at the age of 19 I lost the major part of my hair in roughly 4-5 months only, and already after that I started shaving my head completely bald. Before I went completely bald I sometimes wore a cap, so naturally I started wearing cap everyday, or more likely every time I was around people. If I did not wear the cap, or take it off people who know me ask what happened i similar stuff, and I felt people who did not know me was staring. So I sort of became "addicted" to the cap. Throughout the last two years I have become very introvert, and almost never going out. As I started University last summer I really tried to avoid the cap because I was only using it to hide the baldness, and not really because I liked wearing it. When I tried not wearing the cap in the beginning I realised how insecure and unstable I had become, and at that moment I was really eager to find some kind of solution. Since I was 19 years old I have been examining an immense amount of ways to regain your hair, unfortunately the majority of this industry is scam... but fortunately I did not spend thousands of dollars on pills, foam, tools, or any other stuff that never works. I stumbled upon randomly stumbled upon a clinic in the U.S. who performs a similar procedure as HisHair, but as they only like all other had results of 1-2 persons it didn't seem legit. However, it led me to HisHair first the cases and video, and after watching it over and over again I decided to join this forum. The videos where helpful, but the reason I really dare doing it was the diaries, which was really helpful. Afterwards I have seeked opinions among friends and family, where almost everyone thought it was a good idea and seemed legit. 

As I live in Denmark it was obvious to contact the clinic in Gothenburg, Sweden. I had a brief Skype consultancy to get the last few questions answered, and we arranged the very first treatment in Sweden. After this I was really nervous, and started wondering if it was the right decision. However, I went to the clinic in Gothenburg on the 15th of january to do the first treatment. The session was really professional yet relaxing. The first treatment took around 5-6 hours all in all. I think my skin was quite sensitive to it, as I thought the front part really hurt. Anyways, the skin was red as everyone else, and in a few days the redness was gone, and it became lighter and lighter. I had many considerations if it became too light, or it was the right colour. After 17 days I went to the clinic for the second treatment. We agreed to go slightly darker, as I liked it a little darker. Present, it is only 3 days since I had the treatment done, so i'm still waiting for the 'final result' whet ever if it is after this treatment, or I need the 3rd treatment. So far I am really happy I have done this, but I'm really eager to see how it will fade, and over how long time. I will be updating this post as time goes by, and I will try to find some old photos before getting any treatment. For now I have two pictures after my second treatment. </pre>
<pre>Kind regards</pre>
<pre>J</pre>

Attached Thumbnails

• HH1.jpg
  • HH2.jpg

#2 FatBoB

FatBoB

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi JSJ,

Well done to you for retaking control of your life.  It's difficult for many people to understand the huge effect hairloss has on your confidence, mood, relationships, employment, social life and so on.  Your pics, although small, look great!   That's an excellent hairline too. 

I hope when your treatments are over, and the redness has subsided,  you can forget about hairloss and live life to the fullest.

Good luck to you mate! :)

#3 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Looking great. It's fantastic for a young man like yourself to find a solution at an early age so that you don't waste the best years of your life hiding away or not doing things you normally would have done. Congratulations for being brave enough to go ahead. Pleased for you.

My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#4 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Welcome to the club :)

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#5 JSJ

JSJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey everyone! Now it has been two and a half week since my second treatment, so I thought it would be a good time to make an update. 

I found it hard to find old pictures of my head, but fortunately I found the first pictures, which I send to HH long ago. 
When I look at the old pictures, I am just really, really happy I don't spend 10 minutes each morning to shave my hair to the inner bone, and every third day have serious cuts in my scalp due to the razorblades.
Here they are: 

@FatBoB: I couldn't say it better myself, I already feel things are getting a lot better! Thanks for the compliment :-)
@Robby: Thank you, I am as well very pleased that I found an reliable and acceptable solution!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0607.JPG
  • IMG_0628.JPG

#6 JSJ

JSJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I haven't decided yet if I need to go for my third treatment. I will wait the two months I was told to, and then see how I think it looks my self. 

The last two weeks I have not been wearing cap, or anything to cover it, which have been really nice! Yet I haven't got completely used to it, and I am a little paranoid that I will fade away quickly one day.
I spend 30-40 seconds each morning shaving it with an electrical razor, and afterwards moisturize it - it's really easy. 
I think the greatest change for me is that I can feel that I am slowly getting more self-confident again, becoming more myself, and social again.
This is what it looks like 2½ weeks later - Feel free to comment what you think!
All the best
J

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0810.JPG
  • IMG_0811.JPG
  • IMG_0813.JPG

#7 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I think it is looking absolutely superb. I think you are being very wise waiting for six weeks before deciding to go for a third session. You will know if you really need one. Thanks for the update, look forward to seeing more pics as it continues to settle.

#8 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Oh and the hairline is awesome.

#9 BullyBully

BullyBully

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Not the clearest picture so can't comment on the detail as its a blur. Hairline shape looks good tho. 

Part way through treatment and very happy   :)

#10 Since69

Since69

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Any chance you could post a clear picture? Really hard to see what the result looks like.

Since

#11 MI

MI

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

That looks very good / det ser super godt ud :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users