Three more weeks - treatment in Sweden

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I really liked reading all the stories on the forum -- reading all the stories and the pictures made me contact the Gothenburg/Sweden clinic.

After an hours talk and presentation of the procedure I was even introduced to another client that came for his second treatment - amazing results even in real life!

My hairline started to receed in my late teens, so when I was 21 I cropped my hair short and over the years I went shorter and shorter and finally shaved it about three times a week.

Still I did not like the semi-peninsula developing on my head and I hated people taking photographs from the side or commenting it. 

Then I heard about propecia and that hair will come back after a few months - I took propecia for 7 years and the hair loss stopped up, but no hair came back.

In the meantime I got married and we wanted to have a kid and I eventually found out that my sperm cound was catastrophically low. This summer we had a little daughter but that is after an IVF treatment and I can tell you that is no fun for the woman involved.

For a few years I even wore a hat most of the time - I work at a hospital and obviously cannot wear a hat indoors, so I finally had sort of accepted my fate, but was not happy with it.  Until I stumbled over the MHT treatment -- I only whished I had found them ealier.

So now I am counting down days until my first treatment and post a  "before" picture in the meantime. I needed to take the picture from a slight above angle as the hairline is almost invisible (too high up) in frontal shots.

Attached Thumbnails

• HairlineBefore.jpg

my MHT diary with pictures: http://forum.hishair...tment-in-sweden
1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#2 Alec Baldwin

Alec Baldwin

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Good luck Phil- keep us posted. Have you decided what hairline you're going for? Temples or no? What type of growth- wet shave? clipped? you're gonig to mimic?

#3 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for askingI have throught about my hairline now and I'll probably put it where it was a few years ago. When looking closely at my forehead I reckon I can make out a line. I post a mockup based on that line and one before. Maybe it is to low?  I reckon it will be enogh to just go over the head every day or possibly every other day with an electric razor and have the 5 o'clock shade with slight stub. Now I shave 3 times a week so a little more often is allright for me. Wet shave every morning? Don't know, might be hard to my scalp and the thought of going outside when its minus 15 degrees celsius in winter after a wet shave is not tempting. My temples are still there but very light, so a little darker and merge them nicely with the hairline will be fine. I'm gonna take more pictures in the next days with better lighting and play around with more mockups & post them.

Attached Thumbnails

• BeforeMHDSimul.jpg
  • AfterMHDSimul.jpg

1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#4 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Good luck tomorrow Phil

My story/ diary with lots of photos: http://forum.hishair...s-ten-plus-one/

#5 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Now it's done! I had my first session yesterday and the next one is in january. First x-mas with hair since my teens :)

My session started at 11am with some forms to fill in and choice of hairline. I had realized earlier that the hairline in the mock-up I had made was too low and I have studied hairlines on the buss, in town and on the internet for a few days, so we chose simple a hairline that more or less was like the one a had a few years ago.

Since I had a pretty high forehead I reckon that will be OK even in years to come.

The actual tat2 process took just over 3 hours with a little break. Painwise it was not too bad and the practitioner and I talked during the whole session, which made me feel really relaxed about it.

I really like the result, but it still is really red and dark. My wife was not so impressed, but I she will get used to it... That said she thinks it looks like Wentworth Millers hair (the guy from prison break)... could be worse. In the meantime I just mirror myself at every possible occasion :)) and take it all in, very happy

Some photos.... the one with the collar is taken directly after the session and the other ones are from today, the day after. I'll post some more in a few days!

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010941.jpg
  • P1010946.jpg
  • P1010947.jpg
  • P1010948.jpg

1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#6 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Looks superb from the side. Looks really dark compared to your pre treatment shot so look forward to seeing what the colour will be like once it has settled. Good man for the updates. Glad you're pleased. When did you cut your hair before treatment? How many days growth is that and what did you use to shave it?

#7 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

The pre shot is after a good wet shave in the morning with a four blade razor, so nothing, noot.

Since the consultation at the local HIS clinic I use a Philips shaver every morning (three rotary heads) and I obviously, I get a little less close shave.
The sides on the post pics are not treated and are a lot darker, even though I hade shaved at 8 am and the picture is from around 1600hrs.
From my experience wet vs dry shave in my face I'd say it even changes the beard/hair growth in some way.
It's gonna be interesting to see if that is enough to maintain the look without being visible... more on friday!

1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#8 Alec Baldwin

Alec Baldwin

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Phil- looks fantastic man. You and I did the same thing- before my treatment I did a 'mock-up' of a hairline and put it way too low in retrospect. But ended up with one pretty near yours and I'm happy with it.

I'd rather be compared to the guy from Prison Break than than the white ball on the billiards table any day.

#9 BullyBully

BullyBully

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Looks very nice that. The hairline looks good and not too sharp. Thanks for posting. 

Part way through treatment and very happy   :)

#10 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Here are some more pictures from day 3. I shaved and had a shower this morning. Still a little red but it blends in nicely. My wife and I are starting to get used to my new look now and everything is harmonic now -merry christmas!

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010971_1.jpg
  • P1010977_1.jpg
  • P1010979_1.jpg

1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#11 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Looking good to me.

#12 Grigory

Grigory

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Phil you have a more natural front line of hair growth than other people having treatment! Through these small irregularities. You can put more photos.
    want to make the treatment soon
also in Gothenburg.

#13 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

thought I'd give you guys a little update!It's been a month since my first session and I really feel a lot better and more self-confident now.

The pictures are all taken today. The sun came through the clouds so I went and took some pictures outside in brighter light.  I usually shave in the evenings, so that's 1/2 days growth. The indoor pictures are taken in the same flourescent light as the ones in my older posts, so obviously, there has been a fair bit of fading.

Peoples reactions have mostly been somewhat weird with the most common remark being "have you shaved your head?" Surely, that had not been a surprising remark if I had not shaved my head before, but I have done so for years... so I don't know. Only two people that see me every day at work asked what had happend. They said they could not say what changed but something had changed. So I told them and they reckoned I should lecture on the topic for the balding men in the department :)

Even my family saw immediately that something was different. They met me only a few days after the MHT procedure and when I asked them to guess what had happened they said I had dyed my hair red, especially towards my forehead. That was funny. Dad said he would do it too if he had been younger.

Every now and then I meet strangers and they usually think I'm a bit younger than before. It really has made a difference for me. I almost have forgotten how I looked just before christmas. The ID tag I wear at work shows a balding man, so he has to go.

My second session is tomorrow - and apart from the fading I'll discuss lowering my hairline a bit. Not that I do not like it the way it is now, but I'm torn between wanting to keep it as it is or lowering it a bit... it'll still be a higher forehead and I've always had that.Opinions anyone?

... will post more after the 2nd session i a day or two

Attached Thumbnails

• PhilShade.jpg
  • PhilShadeSide.jpg
  • PhilSun.jpg
  • PhilSun1.jpg
  • PhilInneSide.jpg
  • PhilInneTop.jpg

1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#14 Bulova

Bulova

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Looking excellent so far - good luck with tomorrow's session.

#15 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Good luck Phil.

#16 Bygone

Bygone

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hi Phil,

Hope it went well today! 

Really looking forward to see pictures after your second session. 

//Bygone

#17 Phil

Phil

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

It's now 4 days after my 2nd session with Sam in Gothenburg and until this morning the results of the treatment were well-disguised under a few days of growth...

After a good shave the result was really nice. I went on to the gym for a 10k run and after a shower and moisturizer it looked even better, less red and smoother. 

The monday session itself went smoothly, I discussed lowering my hairline with my practitioner, but since I was not so sure Sam did some magic and I was very pleased with the outcome. Instead of lowering the line there was a bit more temple work and a little work towards the sides - that still leaved me with my natural large forehead but somewhat more framed. Not sure if that is visible in the pictures or not but it made a noticable difference in the mirror.  

All four pictures are taken today - this week end will be a nice one!

Attached Thumbnails

• P1020270.jpg
  • P1020272.jpg
  • P1020273.jpg
  • P1020280.jpg

1st Tx dec 18th 2012
2nd Tx jan 14th 2013

#18 cheekychops

cheekychops

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Looking good Phil

Once that redness has gone completely it is going to look so natural mate, great job by Sam.

Danny ; )

1st Treatment 03/11/2012 with #### Harborne, Birmingham ^_^

2nd Treatment 08/11/2012 with #### Harborne, Birmingham :)

3rd Treatment 22/2/2013 with #### Harborne, Birmingham :D

#19 Robby

Robby

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Looking great that Phil after just 4 days.

#20 Bygone

Bygone

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Thumbs up!! Looks very good! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users