• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rare

Rare

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hi all,[p]

Just a few hours ago I decided to go ahead with the treatment. I had a consultation in London with Damon in July but am sick of looking rubbish so have decided to go for it. Only issue is I live in Asia, so I will be going to the HK clinic.
[p]
I have been balding since about 16, but have always got away with it until about 22 (I am 26 now). The last year it has taken a turn for the worse as I have been under a lot of stress. It has got to the point now where I want to shave it all off (my clippers are charged and ready) - but I am thinking that I will wait until I go to HIS to do that so that the transformation is less. I have also just started a new job, so no-one really knows me yet.
[p]
I used minoxidil successfully(!) through university and looked great and grew back a lot of my hair, but after a while it started disappearing again.
[p]
I thought about transplants but they are simply too expensive, and very few look great.
I thought about hair pieces and I was very close to getting one, but having something stuck on my head would be odd, and although it may look amazing, I know I would always worry if I would be spotted.
[p]
After considering these options I basically gave up and accepted I would have to shave my head, but just didn't have the guts to do it quite yet. Then I came across HIS and I had read about this type of thing before and though, this must be some ridiculous joke and how on earth can it look good. But I got on the forums, delved deeper and booked a consultation!
I am now waiting back for an email to see if I can have this all done before September, when I have a big public speaking event to speak at.
[p]
I will post everything here about it all - reading through others has really given me confidence that this will work and look great - and will mean I spend no time worrying about my hair, whereas now I think of it all the time - it has come to a head when it is affecting my life too much.
[p]
Here is a picture a couple of months back (its dark, bad quality and only the front - I am too afraid to take a picture of the back, as I know there isn't much there and worry about what it looks like).
[p]
[p]
I will go for a very soft hairline, I would like it looking as natural as possible, and a straight hair line would not suit me.
[p]

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo_on_06-04-2012_at_20.19.jpg

#2 iHAIR

iHAIR

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Welcome brother!

#3 norwood7

norwood7

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

I can picture you with a soft hairline, I reckon you're right about it suiting you best.  Looking forward to seeing the results, I reckon it'll look awesome.

My journey from norwood 7 to, hey, you're not a norwood.

#4 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Welcome to the forum Rare!

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#5 Rare

Rare

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

So I am all booked up and ready to go for three weeks time, treatment one and two within a few days of each other. I only have time for two at the moment, so will have to wait a while for the third - I'm sure I can live with that.

I honestly cant wait, I am sick of my currently very thin hair and am looking forward to the day to turn it all around.

I will post some pictures before I go and whilst I am at the clinic - I will ask them to take picture of my crown as I havnt seen that area for about 3 years, and can only imagine how bad it currently looks!

#6 MoonHead

MoonHead

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Nice one Rare, good luck.

I'm, having my consultation on Tuesday and think i'll be wanting to book straight after!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users