• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 NZGuy

NZGuy

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Just flew half way across the world, now laying down in my Hotel room. I have my 1st appointment booked for tomorrow at 3pm. 

Bit of a back story... I've been bald for quite some time, I started losing my hair at age 15. I was teased a lot growing up for losing my hair and it really did ruin my teenage years. 
Now I'm approaching 40 I'm a Norwood 7 and I shave my head daily with a razor. When I first discovered MHT about 6 months ago I was super excited and positive about getting the procedure, as the time drew closer to my appointment I've become less and less optimistic. I guess what I'm saying is I'm scared. I've hid my bald head under a cap for so long the thought of going hatless and facing the world with MHT on my head is quite hard to imagine. Still, I'm going ahead with it, taking a leap of faith in search of the ultimate outcome, a full head of hair (or at least what looks like one anyway) for the 1st time in 25 years. 

Just want to say a big thanks to all the guys on the forum who have shared their stories. Your photos and stories on how this treatment has changed your lives have been inspirational. Without you I wouldn't have had the courage to take this step. 

I'll keep you guys updated with each step of the progress. 

NZGuy. 

Booked in for July 26th in Hong Kong. 

#2 phil87

phil87

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

good luck friend hope all goes well for u the results look amazing im sure you wont b any different its a big bad world out there wen your bald n have no cap on jus think of this being a permant cap get back them teenage years:) really wish u all the luck in the world

#3 AndyPandy

AndyPandy

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Best of luck mate :) I hope it all goes well and that you are happy with treatment. I have had my problems but just remember that 1st treatment is just a base and it will start filling in thereafter. Make sure you let it heal and gently moisturise. 

Fading is a possibility but HiS are very supportive so fingers crossed yours takes well and the result is what you are after.

#4 iHAIR

iHAIR

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Best

#5 MVF4

MVF4

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Good luck NZGuy,

Hope it all goes well for you.

Keep us informed.

Mine has settled down well (I've not updated my diary for a few weeks), but I'll add more photo's in a week or two. Still keeping an eye on the back (the blending with my natural hair), but I want to leave it a few months before deciding whether one last touch up is needed.

Anyway, best wishes mate.

#6 norwood7

norwood7

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Good luck tomorrow.  Hope to see some pics afterwards.

Have you had any thoughts on what sort of hairline you want?

My journey from norwood 7 to, hey, you're not a norwood.

#7 Chris Manc

Chris Manc

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

good luck mate, new life starts today for you... Really pleased for you and look forward to hearing about it.

#8 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Thats brilliant news NZGuy, glad you chose to go for it. Let us all know how you get on :)

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#9 NZGuy

NZGuy

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Just got back to my hotel. I was hoping I'd be one of those guys that handled the pain quite well, unfortunately for me the pain was right up there. One a scale of 1 to 10 I floated from a 6 to a 9 depending what area was being treated. Jonathan was super patient with me though and we took little breaks to give my nerve endings a rest and let them settle down. I was in the seat for about 3.5 hours, would have been shorter if I wasn't such a girls blouse. :)

Still, pain is temporary, MHT lasts a lot longer. 

Right now my head is red but the dots look pretty small. I'll take some pics tomorrow for you guys to look at. 

#10 markb

markb

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

Are you going to try a painkiller for your next session ?
Goodluck I hope it goes well.

#11 markb

markb

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Alot of the posts on the forum say its painfull but no one seems to use the local aneasthetic why is that ? maybe you could try that in your next session ?

#12 NZGuy

NZGuy

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hey Mark, yeah I'm going to take some oral medication next time. As far as a topical aneasthetic is concerned I've heard it can effect the tattoo pigment and it also has a very short life. Most times the numbing of topical aneasthetic only lasts 30 or so minutes after you take it off. I would also need to apply a whole tube of the stuff on my head and then wrap my head in shrink wrap as it only works when air can't get to the skin. 

Local aneasthics (injectables) would be great but you would need a Dr to administer it. 
I think the best thing to do is to take short breaks every couple of minutes so your nervous system doesn't get over excited. Just a 30sec break and a couple of deep breaths really helped me manage the pain. 

#13 markb

markb

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

It clearly states in the frequently asked questions on the home page that you can have local aneasthetic if you want it, is this not true ?

#14 NZGuy

NZGuy

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Ive read that too Mark. I really can't see them offering injectables but they could offer topical treatments. Neither were offered to me. 

I was given some oral pain relief once my treatment started but it didn't have any effect. 
I'm going to take some stronger oral medication before my next treatment. 
Maybe Damien can help out with the answer to this one. 

#15 markb

markb

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yea I am interested to find out.
 keep us updated with your treatment, if you get bored in Hong Kong go check out Macau its supposed to be awesome, just an hour ferry ride from what I understand, more money is gambled there than Vegas

#16 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Anaesthetic creams are available but we dont encourage their use unless they are absolutely necessary. The cleaner the canvas, the more predictable the results from what I understand. I believe the procedure is to just call ahead if you want anaesthetic.

Injectables are out unfortunately. We're allowed to hit you with a pigment needle a few thousand times, but not allowed to hit you one more time with something to numb the pain..........

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#17 markb

markb

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Damien if you look at the frequently asked questions on the treatment page it says they can administer local aneasthetic, you should get that taken off if its not true.

#18 norwood7

norwood7

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Why not take a painkiller orally beforehand?  Might want to check which painkillers are ok as I remember when I was filling in the patient form, there was a question about whether I'd taken ibuprofen (or it might have been aspirin) in the hours before the treatment.  Not sure what difference it would make, but it was there.

#19 norwood7

norwood7

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

On the unhelpful suggestions side, you could train for the pain - jab yourself daily with a needle, so by the time you're up for your next treatment, you'll be a lean mean pain absorbing machine!  You'll be able to say to your practitioner, is that all you got?!  Come on!! Hit me harder!!

#20 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

@ Markb - For the sake of clarity I have altered

However, for people experiencing more discomfort we can offer topical
anaesthetic creams and gels or administer a local anaesthetic to help
manage the pain

to

However, for people experiencing more discomfort we can offer a topical anaesthetic cream to help manage the pain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users