Sign in to follow this  
phil87

my hair transplant and scalp reduction nightmare :(

Phil 

I'm interested to know more about your scalp reduction. Do you have extensive scars from the reduction? Are there scars on top and crown as well as in the donor area? 

You have quite a bit of hair on top which seems to really help guys when it come to getting a great result with mht. 

yes mate have scar along the middle of my head on top n a few scars were they gave me a new crown then scars from transplants there coverd by my hair but very bad if cut short when 

they shave my head they will see it all. i wudnt recomed it to anyone to be honest very painful experience. the hair at front is all transplant hair n the back of my head if scalp reduction hair it looks crap in real life cant do a thing with it 32k wasted and in debt :(

Just guessing here

I would say you would need the whole head and you will need the scars done also, I don't think you can have the whole head done without the scars being done.

The scars take extra time and treatment, you may be looking at extra treaments because of this.

Damien is the man to ask, the man with all the info... he doesn't bite

yes telsa i no wat u mean i was wonderin if they had to do the hole head darker even wer there is hair to blend with scars im hopfully goin over soon for consultaion il find out there plan is then cheers mate

Most of the guys here would agree that having your whole head done would be the best idea. It does allow for slightly better blending with the scar area, and if your scars are flat and smooth, your results are likely to be good.

It is up to you though. Quite a few of our clients have just the scar treated without having their full head done, but this approach still requires you to shave your head anyway, so it makes sense for most people to have a full head treatment while they're in the chair. This also allows for further recession of your real hair, so you're effectively future-proofed

yeah damien i fink i worded it wrong lol i want the hair line n everything done 

was wondering if it is better to do whole head even if there is hair for better blending of scars
youv answersd what i was askin tho lol thanks dude :)

@Kramer2088

The two pictures were done using the MHT of the Case Studies.
The pictures do have MHT. I am not drawing it on. I cut off the head of an MHT case study and try and blend it in on a face.
I'm sorry that the picture is not up to your Professional Standards. Please excuse me.
I was trying to give someone an idea of what MHT would be like. ((the emphasis is on IDEA))

You are never going to give a perfect picture. There are too many vairables, e.g. Skin colour, Light, Tones. quality of picture, focus.

This is just a mock up, to give an idea.

Phil liked Sherbaz's MHT from the case studies and wanted this MHT on his head so the
look is of Sherbaz's MHT and you are right that it looks more like a buzz than
a shave, but this is just how Sherbaz's MHT turned out on Phil's head. The quality of pictures are different and the tone of skin are different, I am not going to spend hours corecting these as it is just a mock up and also I do this just to give people a slight clue as to the final result.

Kramer2088, you have a point but Tesla isnt trying to provide a perfect mockup, that would be impossible. He has however taken the time to help someone at no personal gain, and we should thank him for that.

Hi Phil87,

I have just came across this technique too and am in a similar position. As well as being from Northern Ireland, I have had 3 previous transplants. The 1st one was using the strip method and the next 2 FUE. I am now in a position were my hair is getting thinner on top and I haven't been left a great deal of donor hair - even if I did the thought of going through another HT is sickening. If it wasn't for the big smile on the back of my head I would get this done tomorrow. Did you ever manage to meet someone from over here that has had an HT scar covered up using MHT? Some of the pictures on the site look like the scars are covered up very well but it would be interesting to see one in person.
Cheers
Jim