Photo

This Is Why You Should NOT Worry About Looking "Bald" Under Harsh Lighting!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

First of all, I should mention that there is a great thread that shows just how visible MHT really is, even in bright light. Rarely will it be completely invisible. Here it is. http://forum.hishair...-bathroom-light

But for the few times in which you will encounter lighting that is bright enough to make you look truly bald, chances are you are not alone. In fact, any other guy who has a full head of hair that is shorter than about a #5, will also look strangely hairless. I know this sounds crazy, but I have proof.

I saw this video of a friend of mine working out, and as you can see in this picture, he is far from bald. A non-receded hairline with a good head of dark hair, shaved down to probably a #4. Definitely alot hairier than anyone with MHT could ever be.

#2 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.jpg

#3 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

However, just look at this picture of him on the same day, right under a harsh light with glare on the top of his head. He looks like at least a NW4!

Attached Thumbnails

• 4.jpg

#4 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

So my point is, you are definitely not going to be the only one whose hair will tend to disappear under harsh lighting. In fact, the same thing will be happening to much hairier guys. People don't think of short-haired men as being "bald" as soon as a harsh light hits their head, because the thought does not even occur to them. All they see is the harsh light. I have an uncle who shaves his hair down very short, and before I knew about MHT and started analyzing shaved heads, I never remembered looking at him and thinking "wow, he looks bald under this lighting". I just always thought of him as being a guy who has a great hairline and keeps it really short. And nobody else has given him any "bald" comments either.

So just be assured that once you get the treatment done, people will think that you have hair. End of story.

#5 Damien

Damien

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

I agree 100% with your point, but is that really the same guy? Wow

I work for HIS Hair Clinic, based remotely from Halifax in the UK. I manage the website, blog and forum, as well as acting as a first point of contact for our forum community, answering questions wherever I can. Just joined and not sure where to start? See our YouTube videos and Gallery.Want to follow my SMP journey? See my diary thread here.

1st session - 12th June 2013
2nd session - 20th June 2013
3rd session - 27th June 2013
Touch-up session - 4th November 2013

#6 Barachus

Barachus

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

more importantly, i am more interested in what kind of regime he does he to get arms like that? lol

#7 Hairkiller

Hairkiller

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

I've been saying that (under white light you'll look always bald) since the first day I came to this forum...

I've had my head shaved almost all my life (with a lot of hair) and with a #2 buzz or less you'll look bald...

The secret to those arms? Diet, training and sleeping. No pain, no gain. ;)

Yes, shaved heads look bald under harsh lights!

#8 Damien

Damien

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Or a subscription to Television X......

I work for HIS Hair Clinic, based remotely from Halifax in the UK. I manage the website, blog and forum, as well as acting as a first point of contact for our forum community, answering questions wherever I can. Just joined and not sure where to start? See our YouTube videos and Gallery.Want to follow my SMP journey? See my diary thread here.

1st session - 12th June 2013
2nd session - 20th June 2013
3rd session - 27th June 2013
Touch-up session - 4th November 2013

#9 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yes, Damien. I assure you it is the exact same guy. The shots were taken just a few minutes apart.

The thing about harsh lighting is that it tends to reflect off the top of the head, which really has an unbelievable ability to make someone look like they are balding even if they are not. Under these circumstances it is actually better to have your hair at a 0 or a 1, because then you will just look shaven, as opposed to looking like you're completely bald on top with hair grown out at the sides, which is how the second picture makes him look.

I think that the people who have MHT, or are at least considering it, are going to be analyzing this stuff way more than anyone else. Like I said, if someone sees you under harsh lighting and your hair seems to disappear, they are most likely not even going to notice. The thought of you suddenly looking "bald" is not even going to cross their minds, because the same effect happens to so many other people (even those with longer hair), and all they see is the glare. As long as your treatment is dark/dense enough to make you look hairy under normal lighting, people will not consider you bald.

You have to remember that most people are completely clueless when it comes to this stuff. I have seen many MHT diaries on here where they started off with a full blown visible NW7 and ended up with a dark, dense NW0...and the comments that they get from people are about how they've grown their hair out, or even that they look better somehow but can't tell why.

#10 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

@Barachus He and I like to use Layne Norton's power/hypertrophy routine. http://www.simplyshr...dated-2011.html

But like Hairkiller said, it really does boil down to having the determination to put in the effort to make the gains. It helps to have people around you who will give you some motivation. Most of my friends and family are very dedicated to weightlifting.

Now if you want some real fitness advice, you should ask my cousin...

#11 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• d.jpg

#12 TooSmooth

TooSmooth

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ur cousin is obviously on the testosterone enhancers...

#13 Warrior

Warrior

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

TooSmooth said: Ur cousin is obviously on the testosterone enhancers...

Dude it is very possible to be in that shape without being on testosterone.

#14 TooSmooth

TooSmooth

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

U dont get that big naturally with veins like that either. 

#15 John

John

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Agree, unless you’re a genetic freak (which unfortunately 99.99999% of us are not) the only way to get that kind of size and vascularity is with a little help.

Don't get me wrong a lot of hard work in the gym, clean diet and adequate rest are also required.

Just take a look at natural bodybuilders compared to the ones who are assisted.

#16 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

I never said he was 100% natty. He has in fact run a few cycles of AAS in order to get where he is.

BUT John is right...in order to gain that kind of muscle mass, you have to have an incredible amount of determination to work your ass off, regardless of whether or not you are "assisted". Alot of people seem to think that roids are some magic substance which will automatically turn a 98lb weakling into a Schwarzenegger, but nothing could be further from the truth.

All they really do is make the body recover more quickly after lifting, which allows people to train harder and longer without hurting themselves...in other words, MOST of the muscle gain which you achieve from them is a result of your own hard work. There will be very little sustainable strength/size gain which will just come automatically as a result of enhancing your T levels.

Wow, I think I just completely derailed another thread yet again. It's amazing how quickly a topic can completely change...

#17 Warrior

Warrior

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

TooSmooth said: U dont get that big naturally with veins like that either. 

You may not be able to.. But I think it is possible.

Besides its not like the guy is sitting there all relaxed. He's got his fists balled up and is trying like hell to make his veins pop out.. 

#18 Warrior

Warrior

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

BornReceded said:  Wow, I think I just completely derailed another thread yet again. It's amazing how quickly a topic can completely change...

Makes for interesting conversation :)

#19 TooSmooth

TooSmooth

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Warrior, few can get that size naturally but veins like that need help. Ur right bornreceeded u do have to work ur ass off too. What does aas stand for? I assume something ababolic steroids....

#20 NZGuy

NZGuy

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Your mate in the green shirt looks like he's injected synthol into his biceps. They look really puffed up when he's doing tricep pushdowns. He still looks awesome though. :)

I hope you're not considering steroids BornReceded, at 18 your natural testosterone is really high so you can do some major damage adding even more fuel to the fire. 

Booked in for July 26th in Hong Kong. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users