Sign in to follow this  
thinning_dude

how much does it cost?

Yes, but hair transplants are actual growing hairs, this procedure is essentially a high quality tattoo to mimic hair. Just didn't expect it to cost up to 3 grand.

I think the results look good, but it's too much money for what it is and at the end of the day, it's a tattoo. You also have to think long term, as tattoos need to be touched up (no matter what ink is used) so over time the cost of having this done and touch ups, could really mount up. 

I'm talking about actual costs, not just results. Hair transplants only work for certain individuals with good donor hair and a decent surgeon. I wasn't saying they were a solution or the better option, but you can't really compare the cost alone of a tattoo, which is purely cosmetic and doesn't require surgery to a hair transplant. Obviously a hair transplant would cost a lot more because of surgery, doctors, anesthetic and the manipulation of hair follicles. 

But this procedure is just a tattoo, i don't believe there is justification for charging that much for it. A good 20% of my body is already covered in tattoos, so i'm not unfamiliar to tattoos and there limitations. 

Just think this should be made more affordable, and as i said any tattoo will require long-term treatment to continue to look good. The cost of this could easily mount up. 

A Rolex is just a watch, but it costs €5000. You can get another watch for €10...

Go and get yourself a tattoo for a grand and that's the difference. We have our undetectable tattoo that lasts a lifetime and you will go around with people laughing at you for a lifetime.

The younger you are, the better it is, cos you get more bang for your buck...

long time lurker, first time poster.

I think OP does raise an interesting point that I haven't seen addressed too much on the forum, though I may have missed it. That is, if we do need the treatment touched up in 5 years (just throwing out 5 for the sake of discussion), how much should be expecting that to cost as a fraction of the original treatment? The cost of this treatment over your lifetime seems to have the potential to be significantly greater than your initial investment.

This is just something to keep in mind and think about when deciding whether or not the treatment is worth it for you. I personally think I will have it done sometime this year, but this is something I have been wondering about.

Please tell me one thing on this earth that will not require maintenance?  

I just bought a new truck a couple years ago, but I could have bought a 20 year old vehicle for a fraction of the cost.  I'm bummed cause I have to still have to put gas in it, change the oil, and get it serviced regularly.  I thought if I paid that much money it would be brand new forever.  I should of just bought the old clunker, they are both just cars anyway right?

baldgineer
:
I'm bummed cause I have to still have to put gas in it, change the oil, and get it serviced regularly.  I thought if I paid that much money it would be brand new forever.

I was also under this impression when I bought my new car, maybe we went to the same crafty car salesman!

LOL, very constructive reply guys. I know it's a sensitive subject and people like to instinctually defend their decision, but it's good to be forward looking too. 

My point is that it would be nice to know what to expect. If in five years I would have to pay nearly the same price as the original treatment to "maintain" my look, the treatment becomes a little less attractive. At the same time, if the "maintenance" would cost a fraction, like 1/5 of what the original treatment costs, then it is almost a no brainer. 

Again, I am just making up figures, but it would be nice to find out what kind of "maintenance" we are looking into, as not all maintenance costs are equal. 

@ Thinning_dude - If you truly believe that MHT is nothing more than a posh tattoo, then we're never going to agree on the pricing issue.

If this is your belief, either you havent spent enough time on this forum, you've missed the threads documenting those people who tried to save money by actually having a tattoo, or you're just never going to be convinced.

If you want results like what you see here, HIS are the ONLY company in the world that can deliver these results. This does not happen by accident. Training and retaining the very best staff in the business costs money.

All the above is said in good faith. Only you can decide, and if MHT is not for you then that is your decision, and as a community we respect that entirely.

Rb00957 - future maintenance costs are hard to predict. Try asking any company what they will be charging in 5 years time, and 95% of them will say "we dont know". I know this is an important consideration, but it is not a question we can provide a definitive answer to.

Currently, we charge an hourly rate. Even if this were to rise significantly (which is unlikely), future treatments would still cost a fraction of the cost of your first treatment.

@ Damien: That's because this procedure is a tattoo with a better quality ink and technique, but is still just a tattoo. However that doesn't mean that it doesn't produce good results and it works especially well combined with thinning hair or even a hair transplant to add thickness. 

The worry is initial cost, future maintenance costs and whether the tattoo would lose it's sharpness. Become blobish over time and individual dots migrate together. Those are my major concerns at the minute. 

I still believe it could be a viable option, but i am put off by the various long-term unknowns. For example if you ended up looking ridiculous in a few years time, your only option then is to wear a wig to hide the tattoo. 

It would be better if we saw case studies showing results over a period of years.  

Thinning_Dude/Xeon,

What's up man, I mean girl, whatever it may be?  I knew you'd be back!

For those of you that don't remember Xeon, he was a proud hair system wearer that found SO many flaws with HIS awhile back.  Well, he started out with Xeon, says he lost his password, then took the persona as Xstelz29.  That email was later linked to a facebook profile under a female. 

For those of you that might remember he posted pictures up that sense have been removed.  Here is a link to another forum that he provided a photo of on this forum claiming it was him:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138970-truth-about-hair-systems-someone-experienced.html#post2071390

Go to the fourth photo link he provided, which is:

http://i190.photobucket.com/al...55555/Untitled-5.jpg

On that particular forum he says it is hair systems wearers from another forum.  But I recall he posted the EXACT same photo here claiming it was him. 

How is any of this relevant now?

I just had a funny feeling with this post so I typed both thinning_dude and Xeon in google to see what came up.  They both come up on the same forum and under the same posts.

That forum is linked to the homepage of the site here:

http://www.ba-hairapparent.com/

Our goal is simple:

To provide the highest quality at a fraction of the price and make non surgical hair replacement affordable to all. Our hair replacement forum at http://bahairapparent.lefora.com is one of the most popular hair replacement forums on the internet it will give you the information you need honestly and truthfully so you can make a decision on what you need.

WOW, it all makes sense now.....lol.

@Baldgineer, Damn bro! You would seriously make one hell of a Detective!  Thats some pretty good follow up and research!  That is pretty funny on the info you dug up!

Wow, someone is busted..............

There seems to be a lot of pages on the internet that reference forum posts from both "Xeon" (or variations of) and "thinning_dude". How could this possibly happen by accident? It cant.

Heres one for example. Oh look, its a page about hair systems........
http://toplace.com/forum/printthread.php?tid=4245

Thinning_dude account banned. Also closing this thread as it was started by Thinning_dude and provides the community with nothing of value.

Big respect to Baldgineer, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention :)