Sign in to follow this  
TooSmooth

Dotty/too dark....

I want this procedure but have a concern.

I have seen many pics on the forum of people who have had theirs done and posted pics shortly afterwards. There have been a number that look awful. You can see exactly where the treatment starts and ends. I am not referring to redness, the treatment looks too dark and the dots far too big. 

My question is - is this because the treatment is fresh? Can people who have had this treatment confirm that for the first few days this is how it looks and it gets paler and the dots close up and get smaller.

I will try to post a couple of pics as an example

post--136206081878_thumb.jpg

post--136206081934_thumb.jpg

Well Too Smooth thanks for posting my picture (2nd one) up and being so honest.  All I can say is I have nothing but an amazing reaction from friends and family aswell as forum members on here because it looks so good, so I think you are being very harsh. The picture was taken the day after my treatment and was still red and sore.  The pigments shrink and soften over the following days and look even better. I am very happy with my treatment and to me the acid test has always been with people who don't know and it has been passed with flying colours.

Because of the above I will not be putting anymore pictures up as this was what i was afraid of. If im being sensitive then its because I probably am as this is a very sensitive issue. 

to be honest ...i think these are both good examples, so I'm not sure what the initial poster is trying to say

I've not had the treatment done but I'm aware that its a process of getting the treatment and waiting for it to settle

i would say from your picture BB that it looks completely natural even at that stage

Really sorry to offend Busterblood. I am 99% sure yours looks brilliant now. My point is I am pretty sure it looks like that cos it has only just been done. That's what everyone's seems to look like after the treatment. Everyone's I have seen after a few weeks has looked great. I am just trying to ascertain that this is indeed the case and yours has now settled and looks as great as the others. Please dont hold back on putting pics up on account of me. Like you said everyone has given you compliments so it must be good. Why not put a new pic up to prove that I am right in what I am saying and show ppl how great yours now looks?

Derek9 - the top pic looks fine if it is small but not when enlarged. I am not being negative - I just want to know that this is due to them being fresh and needing to settle. ie the pigments fade and dots get smaller. Im sure this is the case, I just want to know for sure.

Too Smooth Im sure you didn't mean to offend but it was insensitive but no worries. I may put further pictures down the line when my final treatment is finished and will wait a few weeks for it to settle.

The top picture isn't me by the way, only the 2nd one.  I put other pictures on which you didn't add which shows a more all round look of my treatment.

TooSmooth,

Buddy, you're answering your own questions. You say that BusterBlood's treatment looks "dotty", but then you turn around and say, "I am 99% sure yours looks brillian now."

So, allow me to rephrase your own answer,

"MHT is a process. Not everyone has the best results immediately after their first and second treatment, because it is a process."

So you may need to "go into hiding" for a few days after your treatments. ;)

BB - once again sorry (i sent u a pm, dont know if you saw it). The top of the head is quite important for me as i am a snooker player so my head will be seen under bright light. I would love to see more up to date photos.

HiTopFade - Thats exactly what i wanna know for sure, that it is a process. dont care about going into hiding, just dont want it to stay "dotty" forever.

John - Yes I have, i saw Aldemar and Damons and they looked great. The guy Damon had just done looked bad though. It was dark and dotty BUT like i keep saying i THINK this is just cos it was fresh and would look better in the coming days.

The problem is - everyone puts pics up straight after they have it done and then rarely follow it up with the final results. I need to see evidence of it getting better to put my mind at rest. Like i said I am 99% sure that it does but wanna be 100% before i commit to it.

TooSmooth,

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical or a little concerned regarding the post-procedure appearance. Your problem is valid in that, with the exception of Vince, very few people who have had this procedure for longer than 2 years ever post up updates for others to assess how well their MHT has held over during the test of time.

I think that with HisHair going more mainstream, we will start to see more results and updates involving members that are 3-5 years out.

What I have noticed is that their ability to conceal scars has been improving exponentially over the last 6 months. That said, they also seem to be opening up more clinics than I would have ever imagined. I think all of this progress will prove to be in our benefit, as they do not seem to be a small company looking to make a quick buck and disappearing soon thereafter.

Hang in there,

DHT

Toosmooth the treatment is dark and dotty because it is fresh for the millionth time.  If it stayed that way until the final procedure then the forum would be full of people moaning. My treatment that Damon did was this way for a few days and then calmed down and is now looking fantastic. I can assure you that if I wasn't happy i'd say and I wouldnt leave it for someone like you to tell me what to think. My final treatment is very soon and I cannot thank Damon and HIS enough. I really find it irritating when people criticize other peoples treatment when one they havent had it done and two the person who they are criticizing loves there treatment.

I will post further pictures when I have finished my treatment.  Also there are many guys who have put up there after photos in the case studies, so maybe they are the ones to look at and give critic rather than freshly done ones after one treatment.

Thanks for your input DHTassassin, I know what you mean but I'm not on about long term. Just short term after the treatment.

Easy there Buster, I'm just trying to find out how this works. I am not the sort of person to commit to something that will be with me forever without knowing everything. You say ppl would moan if it stayed like that but i dont think they would cos everyone says how good it looks. Maybe what they mean is it looks good for a first treatment at that point. Maybe they have had it done and know what to expect. Having not had that experience I dont know what to expect and I'm trying to find out if there will be a change. I'd just like to see some pics from someone straight after the treatment (dotty/dark) and then a couple of weeks later once it has settled.

The case studies dont offer this. All i would like to see is the full picture. A start, middle and end.

@ TooSmooth - The case studies show the final product.......thats what this treatment is all about? Not about how it looks 3 or 4 days after treatment. Anyway isn't there a guy called Haircules who has shown a blog of his treatments recently with pictures.

@ Niceandclean - Spot on!!

BusterBlood27 said:  I really find it irritating when people criticize other peoples treatment when one they havent had it done

Buster,

Your treatment is looking pretty good, no doubt about it.

Now, is there a reason why you are getting so irritated when others, who have not had the procedure, critique your current work?

You do understand that a person who has not had the treatment done WILL offer you the most unbiased opinion possible, because they are on the outside looking in. They have nothing to gain or lose by stating their opinion. If anything, those who have had the MHT done are more prone to be bias with regards to their take, because they are in the same predicament as you and have had the treatment done with no way of "going back" (Not that there would be a reason to go back). It is in their best interest to say that your work looks good, regardless of whether or not it is stellar, because they might be dealing with the exact same look and, like you, are just looking forward to the end result, which makes it all come together.

I don't see a reason to discourage commentary by those sitting in the sidelines. It is those same individuals, who have not had the treatment, that you will engage in real life, who will either be honest by telling you the truth (whether it looks good or not) or simply say things behind your back.

Don't take this as an attack; just know that not everyone is here to bash your results or current situation. If anything, most of us on the sidelines are just as capable of complimenting fine work, as we are capable of pointing out short comings AND when we do point out short comings, it actually helps out the client, because it makes HisHair more eager to resolve the matter in a timely fashion as to satisfy the client.

We are ALL cheering for you to be happy, because your happiness will reflect on our own ability to achieve the same.

DHT

The new case studies are the same (dotty) but they are all fresh (you can tell as there is redness) so they dont give the final result. They dont look great, i wish they showed the results a couple of weeks after

DHT - cheers for the post and even tho I don't agree with all you say, it is said in the right way which I appreciate.
I realise now that the best judges on my treatment certainly doesn't come from guys like Toosmooth who havent had it done, it is from people like my friends and my family and strangers who don't no its been treated.  They don't prejudge and they do not examine every dot and shape, so you will get a natural reaction. That reaction has been great. As for being happy I am very happy.

TooSmooth, you are not going to be able to educate yourself by looking at post MHT pictures posted up. If you are 99% sure this is for you, then get out there and meet with 1, 5, 10 people who have had MHT done. This will give you a real life perspective of what the treatment looks like in the real world.

You have seen 2 completed treatments on Aldemar and Damon which you said looked great. And the one other person who you saw was midday through treatment, which looked dark and dotty. Well that’s normal, what did you expect, blended in a perfectly even though the process had not been completed?

To answer your questions:

1.) You can see exactly where the treatment starts and ends
When the ink is applied it’s darker than the surrounding hair/area, so you are going to see the difference in a photo that’s more or less been taken within 48 hours of a treatment. I’m sure you are aware that the treatment fades a fair bit in the first week and then ever so slightly for up to a month after. Also the hair in many cases would not have been cut for a few days due to the recent treatment, when the perfect look requires a shave/buzz daily. So again this is another reason why you can tell where the treatment starts/ends.

2.) The treatment looks too dark
See my response above

3.) The dots far too big
Because they have very little scabs form over them, these little scabs fall out over the coming days or when the head is washed properly after 3-4 days post treatment. And that’s when you see the actual size off them, not dotty, but like actual hair follicles in size.

We are all in this together those who have had the treatment and those that hav'nt , but we have all had the same stresses and pain ,depression etc with our hairloss or we wouldnt be on this forum - there is no-one on here who does not share our feelings and those who have been brave enough to have the treatment (esp those who have been ripped off by transplant clinics over the years) must cast there minds back to the days when they were first aware of HIS and that bit of hope for a solution to there problem - it may be easier for guys with lots of money to just pay the fee have the treatment and if they dont like it get it reversed but if you read the recents threads quite a lot have little or no money so to them this is an even bigger deal as it means debts etc .We are all one big family and its great that we are given a forum to help each other face our fears and hopefully rebuild our lives .

BusterBlood, I understand you're sensitive to this issue, all of us are.
But if I am something in this life is honest. And let me tell you something. If I wouldn't be told that you had a treatment, even in the first picture you look ABSOLUTELY natural. Not much, or a lot, ABSOLUTELY.

Trust me.

EDIT: Damien you're inbox is full, so you can't recieve more PM...
I copy the one I'd like to send you:

Damien, could you give me some information about the Spanish clinics?

Furthermore, if I'd like to have my treatment in another country, how should I do if I need more treatments (retouch treatments)?

Thanks a lot.