Photo

Post treatment thoughts, experience, impressions, observations...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 CruiseShipScott

CruiseShipScott

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hey guys, my name is Scott, I have had 3 treatments at the London and Birmingham clinic with a fourth to come next week. I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you my experience of MHT, things I have personally noticed and detail some of the reactions I have had so far.

I like many of you started the same, looking for a sensible, not ridiculously expensive solution to counter my rapidly receding and thinning hair. My brothers all have the thick locks from my dads side and I landed on my mums side to share the same fate as all of my 5 uncles... which is complete baldness. I wanted to regain a youthful look, feel more confident, get that burden of inferiority off my shoulders... It was important to me to get this internal feeling handled. Its not like I felt depressed, far from it, I am very happy, successful, have many friends, lots of girlfriends. Just for a long time I wanted to look how I wanted to look, instead of fate deciding. You know what I mean? Anyway, it was actually reading about Wayne Rooney that I stumbled on the HIS treatment, it was a small link at the bottom of an internet article, and what a brilliant twist of fate it was. I thought, well obviously Rooney can spend £32,000 on his hair, plus more if he wants, its clearly just money fallen down the back of the sofa to him. To me however, I could never spend that amount so was always thinking of a more viable solution. Well, wasn't I the lucky one because the MHT treatment has been a god send really, not only does it look natural, its masculine and sharp, plus it was also affordable. After many hours of research, like we all do I decided to go for it and was booked into my first treatment on the 13th Dec 2011 at the London clinic. Since then I had the 2nd one at Birmingham and the 3rd last week with the fourth to come on the 17th Jan 2012, just before I go away to work on my cruise ship. So that’s my super quick story, here are a few things I wanted to share with you guys, it might help answer some questions for anyone thinking of going for it (but seriously what are you waiting for!!!! Don’t think about it, just do it!!)... Ok here we go, in no particular order:

- BE PATIENT - This treatment is a progressive staging process. The first treatment is not the final look you will get. You HAVE to be patient and think that with each treatment you have the look will get better and better and better, which it does. 1st treatment is about the shape you want, deciding the colour, seeing how your skin takes the ink, its the initial first step and it amazed me how many people thought after the first one its like a magic bullet and all would be fixed. Well it don’t, its just the beginning! Second treatment was a week after and is the real meaty one shall we say, you see now you have the shape, the guys can see how the colour has taken, where it has faded, what needs to be looked at, what shape adjustments do you want if any. When I say its the meaty treatment, I mean this is the one where you have at least 3-4 more ink dots compared to the first treatment, so in technical terms you are getting more density, meaning the dots are now closer together creating a more full look of hair. Still though when you leave after this one, you need to wait to let the colour soften as with me it looked a bit like a skull cap right after, also it was crucial to see how the skin heals and how well the ink takes to identify the patches or areas that needed more work, but now you could say things were really starting to take shape! The third treatment comes roughly 3 weeks after, mine was a little quicker for work reasons, now its a case of going over the head again with an ink coat similar to that of the first, this one is quick and effective as it gives you even more density and fullness and at this point I could not even remember how my hair originally looked. The fourth will be I assume similar to the third, making the final touch ups. My consultant at the London clinic is an excellent advisor, very experienced, attentive and always wants to make sure I am 1000000% happy with everything. Which is a great level of service. My advice from this, is just be patient and wait, the result you want will come, I am proof of that!

-COLOUR vs DENSITY-Ok, I wanted to talk about something that was mentioned many times while I was at the clinics and now I have had my treatments I feel I can give my bit. That is the talk about people wanting a thick coat of ink right from the start to give the look of hair fullness. I want to say colour does not give the look of a full head of hair, its the DENSITY. The more treatments you have the more your hair will look fuller. If you ask for a ton of thick dark colour to achieve a full appearance you will look very weird, like a swim cap on your head, or the skull cap like I mentioned earlier. As the treatments continue, the ink dot quantities increase, as the consultant works in-between the original dots, filling in the gaps. Think of it like a pointillism painting, the more dots made on the picture the more the image takes shape and looks more lifelike. This is how this treatment works, the more treatments you have the better it gets. Listen to your consultant, they know what they are doing! They are experts, don’t think you are the smart one, density, fullness whatever you want to call it comes with time, you do not get it from the first treatment.

-LOOKING AFTER IT - If you spend a lot of money on something you want to look after it... Every time I was treated, I did not touch it for 4 days, after that I cleaned it by dabbing it with a flannel of warm water, no soap, no shampoo, then I dried it softly and shaved it down with the Remington gently. After the initial 4 days I then moisturised in the morning before I go out with a good matt finish moisturiser then when I go to bed I give it another moisturise with the Nivea for men cream. The healthier the skin the better the treatment will heal and the better your treatment will look. I hardly shampooed my head, but when I do (about once every 3 weeks) I use a baby shampoo, which is kind on the skin. Outside I put on some sun protection, not that I need it in the UK, but I wanted to really look after it so I thought why not... Also in those first 4 days after treatment I did not do any exercise, to avoid sweating as this can affect the treatment. Fortunately I was on holiday from work so had time to let all the treatments heal effectively.

-SHAVING - I do this every day as my hair grows quick. As the MHT is on the skin, you will see the existing hair grow through on your head as its 3D. So I shaved everyday to keep the hair to my skin so it matches the look of the MHT treatment. Its funny how shaving the hair completely off and combining this with the look of the MHT creates a really full look of hair. That old saying less is more really is true in this case.

-REACTIONS - You know out of all my friends and family only one guy thought I had had work done. People obviously noticed this new hairline, what I said was with all my time off and relaxation, my hairline come back as I was not stressed. Also I said I was eating right and after shaving my head right back it allowed my hair to grow more. Haha, people just accept this by the way. I have not told anyone I had MHT, all my family just think its great how I look. Comments were, I look younger, happier, it shapes my face, gives me a fresh look, I look sharp, look more authoritative, command more respect, all positive. As for the guy that thought I had a hair transplant, this was after my first treatment when I was out, it looked dotty. I just brushed it off and said, "You really think I can afford a hair transplant? Really?". The more treatments the more natural I looked and this guy did not even comment on it, or look at it after this. Its funny because I thought everyone and their dog would be fixated on my head after my treatments, but really its not the case. People notice but only because you look so god damn good and communicate that look of confidence and happiness which is emanating from you!

-SHOULD YOU DO IT? - Simple answer to this... HELL YESSSSS!!!!!!!

I probably missed out a ton of stuff. Just ask if you are curious of anything or have any questions. Good luck guys. Scott

#2 LPP

LPP

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Great post CruiseShipScott!

The more people who have the procedure that come back and post with level headed realistic expectations the better. 

Far too often guys in here are only 1/2 way through the treatment and come in here blasting HIS, their practitioner and the service demanding attention from Ian. 

The best thing you guys researching this can do is understand that it will take time.

Yes, you can go out of the house w/o a hat after treatments but it takes time to achieve that perfect look we all want. 

Being patient and realistic are 2 of the most important things anyone undergoing this procedure need to do. 

Also, telling them to go very dark from the start seems to create problems. Let them do their job and as you get further along in the process give your feedback. Walking in demanding thick dense color from the get go seems to be the wrong way to go about this. 

I suffered from a form of scarring alopecia called Lichen Planopilaris. I had my first treatment with HIS on 11/28/2011 and it's changed my life for the better. Read my diary at the link below for pictures and detailed experiences.

http://forum.hishair...opic/first-post

#3 Jonnyboy631

Jonnyboy631

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

" I wanted to look how I wanted to look, instead of fate deciding."
i like this line well put lol

and LPP i have this strange feeling that there's a certain clinic thats causing all
of those upsetting reviews. its odd, because just recently were starting to see
exactly what you were saying.

#4 LPP

LPP

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

Johnnyboy - There's a pattern here in this forum I see often. I think some guys think only 1-2 treatments should be enough or maybe that is all they want to spend (or can spend) and then when after 2 they need more work they get angry at HIS and demand to talk to Ian.

I also think these guys who aren't done with the treatment can scare people away thinking HIS doesn't do what they promise. 

This post is a great example of someone who just went with it and was ready for it and knew it would take time to achieve the best result. 

If you're going to do this, be patient. Also be realistic. It's not real hair they are putting on your head and it's not going to grow despite how much you want it to. 

I'd also listen to your practitioner early on. They are not going light to jack up the cost to you. They are doing it for a good reason. This process is in done in stages. 

I think if HIS could do anything better it would be to really stress to customers that 3-4 treatments are needed quite often. Although I know guys are going to hear what they want they hear when they go in for a consult. Even though Ian told me I'd need anywhere from 3-5 I thought all I'd need was 2 treatments and I'd be great. I've had 3 so far and might need a 4th session. 

It is what it is. That said, they have done exactly what they promised me they would do and for that I'll be forever grateful...

I suffered from a form of scarring alopecia called Lichen Planopilaris. I had my first treatment with HIS on 11/28/2011 and it's changed my life for the better. Read my diary at the link below for pictures and detailed experiences.

#5 BusterBlood27

BusterBlood27

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Nice post Scott and I agree with everything you have said.  I have only had one treatment also in the London Clinic but went in and listened to the Practitioner who like you said is fantastic.  It is about patience and even though I am very happy with the first one, I am just going to chill and wait until its properly finished. Keep us posted when you are finished.

Had 3 sessions in London with Damon during January/February 2012. Very very happy :)

#6 FreshClean

FreshClean

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

CruiseShipScott great post!!

By any chance can you post some before and after pics??? THANKS!

#7 087Paul25

087Paul25

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Thanks very much CruiseShipScott for putting you time into this post and sharing your experience with us.

As FreshClean said above, pics would be much appreciated if possible...

Thanks alot...

First and Second treatment complete... 3rd session done on March 28th.... Its looking good..
Thanks alot #### @ Birmingham..

#8 Wholovesyababy

Wholovesyababy

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hi Cruiseshipscott
Nice informative post, can you please tell me what Norwood scale you are
Thanks.

#9 antman

antman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

hey Cruiseshipscott

thanks for the post, was well written.

you said -
It was important to me to get this internal feeling handled.

did you get your internal feelings handled by doing this treatment?

(i know you alluded in your REACTIONS paragraph that you did)
thanks

#10 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

Wow, thanks for the post Cruiseshipscott, welcome to the forum!

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#11 Remingtonchap

Remingtonchap

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWest midlands uk favela

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

great post matey..

could you share a pic of your new haircut because the suspence is killing me..
if not that cool also.
thanks

#12 Bald no more

Bald no more

Regular Poster

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I like your post Cruiseshipscott and I fully understand what you are saying. 

It's just some of us were told 2-3 treatments and in my case it ended up been 5.  Looking back I was a like a little kid who was told he couldn't open his presents on Christmas day. Each time he wanted to he was told he would have to wait another month. With all the benefits of hindsight I should have been patient with this. My advice to others is to be patient and be prepared for it to go to 5 sessions. If they achieve it in less all well and good. You can be sure you are in good hands and the company is trying their best for you.

One month after my last treatment and it has settled down nicely. Some people are puzzled but soon after they stop looking. It is a great feeling to not have to worry about taking your hat off anymore. In fact I rather enjoy taking it off.

#13 CruiseShipScott

CruiseShipScott

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

- LPP & Jonnyboy631 - I feel for you guys when this happens. Obviously when you begin on your journey of development, its hard to imagine what the look will be after each treatment. Experiencing the evolution of each treatment may be a surprise to those guys who just don’t listen to the practitioners advice, like its in one ear and out the other mentality! When I see and hear guys who freak out about how much the colour has lightened for example, making desperate comments on the forum just after their first or second treatments, it confuses me, but I do know its like a kid in a candy store philosophy. I did not know how the whole process  worked, I just listened to my practitioner and took his advice. They know what happens, not only because they do this everyday as their profession but most of them have had the treatment themselves. I mean who better to tell you what to expect than from a seasoned professional who has been there and done it…Clearly when you JUST get the ink put on your head its going to look dark, its going to look different. I was told that the pigment colour will lighten day by day to begin with because the skin is adapting to the ink and its all part of the healing process. Some parts of the head will take the ink more than others. I was cool with that. With me I knew 1st treatment was going to be dark (I did my research), the colour chosen by my practitioner was dark to match my existing hair, he knew what to use from his experience working with the ink colours as he knew how much the colour would lighten so it eventually goes with the hair I still have on the side and top of my head. Low and behold each day after that 1st treatment the colour lightened, in some areas it softened to a point where you could hardly see it. BUT I did not stress, I did not freak, because I was TOLD this would happen. So onto number 2 treatment, this time the same colour ink was used but more work was done, as in more individual dots were put in-between that of the existing dots from the first treatment. Again my head looked very dark because a lot of ink was on my head, again as each day went by the colour softened, the colour lightened, but the cool thing was 1)It was starting to blend WAY better with my existing hair looking more natural and 2) the density (number of pigment dots) was greater so the look of hair fullness was really starting to develop. EXCITING YES?? Number 3 was quick and easy, my colour had softened but not as much as first time because after the first 2 treatments 2 base layers had been left, so fast forward and now a week and a half has passed from the 3rd treatment, the colour has softened to match perfectly with my existing hair, the density matches that of my existing hair, the look is very natural, its amazing. The fourth will be another touch up, the practitioner uses his keen eye to judge what needs doing. Essentially he wants it to be perfect, which I think it is already but I’m not going to argue, I’m going to listen because HE is the man, the boss, the guru, not me… Guys who stress about lightening and softening just go with it, this is what happens, it is not abnormal to have 3, 4, even 5 treatments if you need it, I KNOW when its all done you will not be stressing and you will look back at your initial paddy and laugh at your naivety. You will know that it’s the density that gives you the look you want and not the darkness of colour! Look you don’t pull a pint of Guinness straight and then gulp it down straight away do you??? NO, you wait, let it settle, then enjoy, that’s how its done. Good things come to those who wait as the advert says. Its very true in this process.

BusterBlood27 - Likewise dude! Lets keep each other posted. You know how its done. Good man!

FreshClean, 087Paul25, Remington chap - Thanks for the nice comments guys. Pics will come all in good time. I promise. I will post the first picture I took once my head was shaved down right before treatment (the bald me) and then I will compare this with a pic after my 4th treatment has healed (the new me). Its just incredible the change!

Wholovesyababy -
Hey man no problem, I am a Norwood Scale 5A, well on my way to being a Norwood Scale 6.

Antman - Those pre existing internal feelings of inferiority literally went…. PUFF….Up in smoke and disappeared like a mist in a gale. Now when I go out I stand tall, feel great, its like weights been lifted from my shoulders, my face looks happier even though I am not doing anything to change it. Interactions are better with people, I was out in a club the other day and got my arse pinched by 2 very cute girls just out of the blue, the confidence we all want and the reason we look for these answers to improve our internal feelings are ABSOLUTELY dealt with when you get this part of your life handled. MHT is a brilliant treatment.

Damien - No worries and hello to you to mate!

Bald no more - I understand what your saying buddy, you want it, its there on a plate, but you have to wait... But as you know, it really is worth it to just give it time and listen to the guys at HIS, they really know what they are talking about. I have found that the longer I leave it the better it looks, so its in my best interest to give it time because everyday I look better. Its great you feel so good after your treatment mate! I am pleased for you. 

#14 LPP

LPP

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Cruiseship - For the record I've had 3 treatments and I'm very happy with my result. I'm going back to let them look at my head and get their opinion on whether they think they can improve the excellent work they've already done on me. 

My point was that I think back to the consultation process and when Ian told me it could take 5 treatments to get me right I, for some reason, thought "oh, they'll nail it in two". I had no idea how each session was part of a process that built on the previous sessions and how important it was for small gains to be made each time you sit in the chair. 

Patience is the key here. From my experience, HIS is committed to always getting it right in the end. 

And I'm thrilled you're happy w/your results. I know that feeling well. 

#15 Haircules

Haircules

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

are you paying more money on top  of your inital fee for extra treatments,say i was quoted 2-3 sessions and end up needing 4-5 would i being paying more money for the extra sessions needed or is it inclusive to original fee quoted?

Follow my progress Haircules mht journey- (A Quest for for the golden hairline) starring me

Had forth and hopfully final treatment at his clinic on 26/03/2012
Very happy guy :)

#16 CruiseShipScott

CruiseShipScott

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

I paid what I was told to pay mate, they judged from the beginning how far gone I was and then set a fee, which I paid upfront. I dont know their pricing structure that well but Im sure if you ask the guys they will help out.

#17 antman

antman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

thanks for the reply Scott

and congrats on your success with MHT :) and make sure u give cute girls plenty more opportunities to pinch your bum bum :P

#18 BusterBlood27

BusterBlood27

Super Poster

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Any news on your final treatment Scott?  Have my final one also this week.

Had 3 sessions in London with Damon during January/February 2012. Very very happy :)

#19 CruiseShipScott

CruiseShipScott

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Its been a while since I posted any comments. I have been working on my cruise ship so have not had a chance to reply.

Basically 3 months after my treatment, I love it, it has softened nicely and the look is very natural. Do you want to know the question I get asked all the time... You will laugh!

Girls always ask me. "Why don't you grow your hair?" They say I have a beautiful hairline and head of hair and should grow it! So guys who are unsure, don't worry about the fear of it not looking normal, just think about the answers you will need to figure out to this question. (:

Cheers, Scott

#20 Conhair

Conhair

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I get that all the time. "Why don't you grow your hair out? You're not even bald." I suppose if that's all we need to contend with after the treatment, then it's obviously been a success!

Click here to view my progress diary - 4 treatments so far: August 2011, January 2012, May 2012 and August 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users