Sign in to follow this  
coldwater

Could anyone recommend a trimmer with #0 blade/clipper?

I was told there are clippers out there that have attachments w/# 0 so that the actual blade doesn't nick your head when you shave. Would you happen to know the lowest/attachment grade i can find? I am using as low as 1/2 and it's still not blending in well. 

Would you not try using the Remington R91 as i hear from other posts on this forum that its easy non time consuming and also very close..

I might consider using the R91 when i get the treatment done myself...

Oster Classic 76, with a #00000 blade.  It's as close as you can get to wet shaving and keeps just a tiny bit of stubble.  However, I have began wet shaving after a year of using the Classic 76 since it's easier to get a uniform cut.

snowrider
:
Oster Classic 76, with a #00000 blade.  It's as close as you can get to wet shaving and keeps just a tiny bit of stubble.  However, I have began wet shaving after a year of using the Classic 76 since it's easier to get a uniform cut.

I have a Oster 97( for europe 220V) with a .025 blade. Lowest is indeed the 00000 blade or 000000? I bought a trimmer instead because those blades cost almost the same and the trimmer is cordless...

Magic, upon more research, it seems that there is in fact an aftermarket blade that is the equivalent of #000000 (that's six zeros instead of five).  I may look into purchasing this, although I'm set with wet shaving these days (so much easier).
http://www.amazon.com/Andis-Ultraedge-Trimmer-Blade-64160/dp/B0006Q7IMG/ref=sr_1_7?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1323162563&sr=1-7

In regards to nicking; call me stupid (seriously I love it) but has anyone ever tried using shaving foam with an electric clipper? I imagine this could damage some conventional clippers but the r91 seems like it wouldn't have any problems.

I can speak from experience about the oster 76 classic clippers and the wahl balding clippers.  The oster is very good with the #000000 blade.  I have used this for years but its very time consuming to get an even cut.  Keep the clippers clean and oiled for the best results.  The Wahl balding clippers is good but not as strong as the oster.  

I'm going to experience all of them again after I get my treatment done and see what works the best for me.

Last night on a whim (I'm still "pre-op" MHT, mine is scheduled for a few weeks) I tried using my Norelco HS8420 face shaver on my entire head.  I was expecting it might "bite" and pull at the hair on my head like it sometimes does on my face - but no, it was completely comfortable.  Almost 24 hours later and I dont have any itching or irritation yet (certainly nothing worse than when I use clippers).  I used some nivea shaving foam on my head (not the lotion that gets dispensed by the razor, i was out of that anyway).  It worked well enough that I think it's going to be what I use after the treatment, unless the stubble is too "long" to blend in.  It's certainly way shorter than what I think I could get with any kind of clippers.

I think the whole idea behind the remington is that your head is not necessarily as smooth as your face, rather the skull has a number of places that the conventional clippers might not easily reach, at least not without taking skin with.